[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on the Smith Machine, /fit/. How good/bad is it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Smith Machine.jpg (255KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Smith Machine.jpg
255KB, 1200x1200px
Red pill me on the Smith Machine, /fit/. How good/bad is it?
>>
>>40978366
shit all across the board. Don't squat in it, don't bench in it, don't do rows in it. It has bad pathing.
>>
>>40978366
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHBLxCPmnVc
/thread
>>
>>40978366
It removes your stabilizer muscles, making it inefficient. Like, it is used best for people that have cerebral palsy
>>
It's good the first few times you are in the gym to get your form down and learn how much weight you can lift, but after that you should probably switch to real weights ASAP.
>>
>>40978366
Shit. Shit shit shit. I'm currently stuck using a planet shitness which only has Smith machines and dumbbells. You can't get the proper range of motion on any compound lift, so squats, deads, and bench are all out. If you aren't a midget or seated the rack is too short for OHP. It's totally useless.
Best you can do is some sort of hack squat and maybe some calf work.
>>
>>40978366
>be me
>burn copies of software/music/tv etc for friends sometimes sell to dummies
>heard interesting things about micro-dosing LSD and the effects it has with weight lifting
>take a microdose (second time I've done anything with psychedelics)
>on my commute to the gym, feel paranoid as someone is watching me
>continue listening to my Rage Against the Machine mix
>arrive at gym
>nobody inside, complete ghost-gym
>hear a metallic voice coming from the machine section
>"MR. ANDERSON" shouted Smith machine
>scared shitless but also visibly confused
>run to the free weights section of the gym
>don't know what to do, grab the nearest barbell haphazardly and cautiously avoid the machines
>squat and lift do whatever, I'm too scared to do things methodically
>begin to hear a voice from the barbell
>"take the iron pill, Neo"
>jumped right in the middle of a fucking deep squat with a load of 300lbs (way beyond my PR for reps)
>"he's beginning to believe..." said the bar confidently
>I hoist the thing up thing up, see visions of Hercules in the mirror
>black out
>wake up in the hospital
>I had been crushed under the bar after coming into the gym half naked wearing black shades
>apparently I had taken 1'000 ug of LSD thinking it was a micro-dosage
>last thing I heard before passing was "C'MON" from my rage mix
Don't trust the machines.
>>
>>40978366
lol its impossible to bench on this thing and do not fucking squat or deadlift with it. free weights is superior
>>
>>40978416
>use it to get your form down
Easy to spot the DYELs
>>
>>40978366

11/10 for recovering from injuries/physiotherapy

1/10 for everything else
>>
>>40978385
this was actually pretty funny. your liftin on the moon bro, theres no gravity
>>
>>40978496
Is it really THAT bad if I deadlift/squat/bench on one? I'm stuck at PF too and can't afford anything else. I know it isn't ideal in any way, but I still feel like I get something out of it
>>
>>40978829
I remember the tragedy of finding out that Dom was just a character, and not a real person
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.