[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5/3/1 or Texas Method?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1463274742998.jpg (34KB, 300x380px) Image search: [Google]
1463274742998.jpg
34KB, 300x380px
Which is better for a mix of strength and hypertrophy, with a focus on hypertrophy?
>>
>>40973800

Depends on your weight progression level. If you can progress weekly do Texas Method and some bb accessories.

If you're advanced enough you can only progress monthly do 5/3/1 Boring But Big or a new variant.

If you're still able to progress session to session to Starting Strength with the accessories you're meant to from week 4 like curls, hypers, pull ups, dips and watch your bodyfat level.
>>
File: 1475632003704.gif (3MB, 257x212px) Image search: [Google]
1475632003704.gif
3MB, 257x212px
>>40973800
>which strength routine is best for hypertrophy?
>>
http://startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1

tl;dr: both suck unless you modify them pretty hard for more volume
>>
>>40973852
was about to link that too.

in summary, 5/3/1 is the worst possible shit ever.
TM should be modified, but i don't know how.
>>
>>40973800
Neither
>>
>>40973864
do a 4-day upper/lower TM with a shitload of accessories

or actually do the 4-day upper/lower from practical programming with 1x5 squat and 5x5 dl and so on. with accessories.
>>
Can somebody explain to me, if I am eating below TDEE, already slightly overweight, but lifting plenty, can I still make any size gains (still a beginner) whilst losing weight. Some people say you can't others saying you can?
>>
>>40973880
the 4day U/L split from PP isn't even outlined. doesn't even say how it should be programmed etc.
>>
>>40973906
i think of it kinda like texas, try to increase the 1x5s weekly while doing the 5x5s so that its heavy enough to give you gainzzz but not too heavy to not be able to recover from it. pretty straightforward.
>>
>>40973927
have you bought your tub of GainzZz yet?
>>
>>40973825
>>40973852
This is all good shit, t-thanks /fit/
>>
>>40973953
lol, nah. i get bcaa for 20€/kg and cant be bothered with the rest of the shit in beardjew's tub
>>
>>40974423
gotta give it to him tho, beardjew is pretty strong.
>>
>>40973800
TM is probably better for hypertrophy due to the volume
>>
>>40973852
>http://startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1

I think "modifying" is kind of a the wrong word to use. In the book wendler suggests you add assisstance exercises like the one mentioned in this link however, the one mentionend aims to be a very time effciented template. If you want more volum I would suggests Boring but Big with even more assisstance work.
>>
>>40973852
The autor didn't even compare the most popular 5/3/1 routine, that is Boring But Big.
It is recommended to add 2-3 accessories, which will add a shit ton of volume compared to the usual 5/3/1
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.