[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cut too hard, help me not die from malnourishment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

>"permabulk lmfao" up to 100kg
>make sick gains
>decide to start cutting
>don't want to be a calorie counting autist, just use common sense
>eat some bananas, a bunch of eggs, a fruit smoothie, cellery, walnuts and some serious meat-stew throughout the day
>check calories just incase
>1015 calories

HAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK!? I'm feeling a little hungry atm desu, but this is just ridicolous, I can literally deeptroath a slab of deepfried butter if I feel like it and I'll still be in defficit

How do I cut without hurting myself /fit/? I feel like this will just end in malnutrition...
>>
Remember when /fit/ gave you answers instead of circlejerking in "T H I C C" & "BRAAAAAP" threads?
>>
*BRAAP*
>>
>>40966583
I'm in a similar situation OP. What I'm trying at the moment is:
>Eat massive breakfast
>Eat just mainly vegetables through the day

So, because I'm alone at breakfast I'll have like 3 eggs in butter + oatmeal + whole milk, then whenever I eat whether it's out on the road or with my gf or whatever I'll have a salad or veg/meat soup, or just make something like that myself.

Basically just fill the calorie void when you wake up and eat healthy low-cal stuff through the day.

Funfact: this is the same tactic I used when I was anorexic, minus the oatmeal and milk and add 2 eggs, and well it worked.
>>
>>40966919
I'm trying to avoid oats and grains because paleo-meme, should I just give up on that retarded "fad", I'm mostly doing it because it seemed like an easy way to cut calories...
But if there is an alternative to oats it'd be much appriciated
>>
>>40966987
Probably just a handful of almond or walnuts (or both) then or just snack on them during the day.

Is milk paleo? If milk isn't paleo then butter probably isn't either so yeah just buy a shitload of nuts. Maybe up the eggs too just for dem breakfast gains to keep you going through the day.
>>
>>40967071
butter from grass-fed cows is paleo, so no problem squeezing in a few extra calories there.

Another thing, I know it isn't healthy eating 1000 calories daily, but whats the lowest I can go to avoid fucking with my gains/health in the process? 70% of maintenance?
>>
>>40967112
It's gonna sound boring but whatever your TDEE is -500 (to allow for exercise and stuff as well).

If you lose the weight too fast you'll risk loose skin, which is an aesthetic death sentence unless you have money for surgery. Also restricting too low can seriously fuck your metabolism. What people don't realise is that, when shit gets real and you stop eating, your body doesn't burn fat for fuel. It burns your muscles if you don't work them out. Failing that, it'll burn your organs. You'll get cold all the time, feel so fucking low in energy that you're unable to do simple things, your hair will fall out, and eventually you'll develop a binge-eating disorder that is literally uncontrollable.

You probably won't go low enough for that to happen though so don't stress it. Just aim for -500 of TDEE (rough estimates every day, it doesn't have to be perfect) and lose it slowly. The slower you lose the weight, it's way more likely that you'll keep it off permanently.
>>
>>40967217
Fuck, this is what I feared, so if I'm 187cm, 95ish kg, moderately active (I lift, thats it, but I lift 5 times a week). I'll have to eat around... 2500 cals daily to lose weight?

Is it unrealistic to hope for some "shreddedness" by the summer? how much can I hope to lose in 3 months?
>>
>>40967274
Depends how much of that 95kg is muscle desu. If you've been training right the muscle will show through nicely even in 3 months, a big chunk of what you need to lose will come off in a few days because water weight.

Honestly? My advice would just be to lose the weight slowly irrespective of summer. I know it's tempting to do something like keto, or shitloads of cardio, but there really is no magic bullet. Just try your hardest NOT to think about summer or getting cut quickly because it doesn't work like that. Nobody can predict whether you will or won't lose enough fat in 3 months to be shredded, but the only way is to try at a sensible rate. 2500 seems good, then lower that number to 2200ish as the weight loss starts to stall in a month or 6 weeks. Don't weigh yourself every day, weigh yourself every week. You want to lose ROUGHLY 2lbs a week but water weight will skew the results of the first week or so. Go about your daily life while following the diet we established, and just weigh every week. Better yet; go by how you look in the mirror. Adjust the amount of nuts you eat accordingly -- slightly more if you're losing too fast (indicates loss of muscle), slightly less if you're losing too slowly.

Again, above all else just try not to worry about it. There's always this autumn, this winter, next spring, and next summer to show off a shredded look. More importantly, though, doing it slowly means it'll be so so so so SO much easier to maintain. It's just an illusion otherwise.
>>
>>40966583
Calorie deficits are not going to make you malnourished on their own, just have a varied diet
>>
>>40967481
>tfw I fell for the bulking meme

I should've just eaten sensibly instead shouldn't I?

Also
>how much of that 95kg is muscle
Haha, I bench and squat only 2pl8, so not much I suppose, fucking hell...
>>
I weigh about 180lbs 6'0" and I'm fairly active (lift 4 times a week and try to not sit around on other days)
Ive been cutting at around 1800 but that amount doesn't make me feel like I'm constantly hungry or anything. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be feeling slight hunger all the time?
>>
>>40967533
Bulking is what it is. You have to bulk with the mindset that you're going to get fat. If you don't get fat, yay that's great. But it's quicker to just bulk, get fat and muscular, and then be done with it and cut the fat away. You can't chisel a pebble.

If you have large periods of time (months) where it doesn't REALLY matter if you look doughy or even just fat, then by all means bulk and cut. If you want to look decent year in year out, then yeah just eat healthy food and live an active lifestyle (including lifting and some form of cardio, or just an active hobby like swimming/rock-climbing/cycling etc).

Black and white thinking is what gets you into shit. It's expecting instant gratification for things and then completely neglecting them instead of letting it come in time and enjoying other things until they do.

Cut the weight slowly. Keep lifting weights not just now but whenever you can throughout your life (sensibly of course not like 4 hours every day), and just enjoy things as they come. When they do come, then yes just follow a sensible diet every day and you'll keep them. Happiness isn't about perfection, it's about looking past the imperfections to the point that you're comfortable with. 'Perfection' doesn't exist. You'll never be 'perfect' because there will ALWAYS be an imperfection in your eyes. It's only natural.

Other people just don't care in real life. They have imperfections too. If you're comfortable with yourself, or are taking sensible steps to become more comfortable with yourself, you'll be comfortable with other people.
>>
>>40967666
Depends hugely on what you're eating.
>>
>>40967692
I'm on a meal plan at college but my diet is mostly grilled chicken breast, tuna, vegetables, fruit and rice, sometimes jerky if I have it in my room
>>
>>40967533
And as for the 2pl8 thing, keep on lifting and trying to go higher same as before. Don't let your lifts suffer. If they do, eat a bit more. Like I said in >>40967217 your body WILL actively try to burn muscle for fuel if it thinks it doesn't need it/if shit gets real for it. If your lifts start to fall by anything huge, more than a few kg, then you're losing muscle and strength. Even if you're losing fat at the same rate, your bf% won't change and you'll look the same as you do now but smaller.

Again, try not to stress about it because there's NOTHING you can do in a short amount of time. What you CAN do is what you SHOULD do, and that's eat healthy food at a sensible amount based on your goals, while checking every week or so to make sure you aren't eating too much or too little. Everything else - including happiness and satisfaction - will come in time.
>>
>>40967715
You're fine. High volume food at pretty low calories = filling and comfortable weight-loss diet. If you find your weight loss stalls, eat less of the rice. If you find your lifts go down, eat more rice. You'll find the sweet spot eventually (you might already be at it desu), but just keep doing what you're doing and focus on other things.
>>
>>40967783
Alright, thanks anon
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.