[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much taller than me should my pull-up bar be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: american-spurdo_french-pepe.png (612KB, 1020x888px) Image search: [Google]
american-spurdo_french-pepe.png
612KB, 1020x888px
I have two. One is at least five inches taller than me, and the other is at most three inches taller. I can do about seven pull-ups on the taller one and ten on the shorter one. Which is preferable?
>>
Why the fuck does how high the bar make a difference ???
>>
>>40966520
I don't know. I'm pretty short, I guess. I suppose it determines how high you have to pull yourself to get above it and how much you have to reach for it.
>>
>>40966520

Gravity moran. The higher up you are the more gravity affects you. It's basic psychics.
>>
>>40966535
You don't start from the ground though. I have two gyms I go to, one has a pullup bar that I need to lift my legs to do a pullup on, and the other gym has a pullup bar I need to jump to reach. I've never felt any difference in either.
>>
>>40966581
this is correct, what OP should be doing is lifting his legs up and starting pull ups from a dead hang, not using extra reach to squeeze out more reps
>>
>>40966567
no you fucking retard, your downward acceleration is gonna be 9.81m/s^2 no matter what the height is, your potential energy is higher but that doesnt mean the pull up is gonna be harder lmao its not like your letting go of the bar to squash a banana on the floor as much as possible, youre doing pull ups, gtfo
>>
>>40966803
You took the bait hard, jesus
>>
>>40966803
Hoping this is counter b8
>>
>>40966472
They arre both too low. Ideally it should be high enough that you don't touch the ground, or just barely touch it with your toes when hanging from it.
Either way, the point is to have full ROM and lower yourself low enough to have straight arms. You can always try lifting your legs (to the front preferably) so that you don't touch the ground and go fully down even if the bar is too low.
>>
>>40966803
this is fundamentally wrong, increasing h in PE=mgh will increase the work against gravity thus pullups in an airplane would instantly rip your arms out of your torso
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.