[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't anybody else make a trap bar with angled handles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

Why doesn't anybody else make a trap bar with angled handles?

This $700 "dead-squat" bar is all I know of...

Why does the handle angle matter?

Well, long story. Trap bar is by far and away my favorite implement. I did dead, squat, ohp and row with it. And it hits my muscles far better than a barbell ever could. Until I started developing pain in my right wrist.

I asked about the pain in my wrist and was told my form must be shit and to keep my wrist straight. I did and it didn't help. I was told to try bracing my wrist so I wrapped that fucker so tight it couldn't bend. Didn't help at all. I was told high handles are easier on wrists because the bar doesn't move as much so I got a trap bar with high handles. Didn't help at all. I was told I have weak wrists which doesn't make any sense. I have no wrist pain at all when holding onto far more weight with a pronated grip with a straight barbell.

I only get wrist pain with a neutral grip, only in my right hand and it doesn't hurt while I'm lifting it's always later that day that I feel it and it never goes away until I just completely give up the trap bar.

In comes the angled handles. I noticed when doing 1 arm db rows which use a similarly neutral grio as the trap bar, that if I slightly angle my wrist that it doesn't hurt later. So I figured a bar like this seemingly gimmick deadsquat bar would actually help.

Anybody else cured their wrist pain when using a trap bar or had any similar success with this thing? I can't seem to find anyone else who had this problem so it's really difficult finding good answers.
>>
>>40964814
Why don't you just use a normal barbell instead? Seriously confused here. I've never heard if anybody doing OHP and shit with a trap bar and now you're looking for exotic trap bars to fix an issue caused by you using a trap bar to begin with.

What's the purpose here it makes no sense.
>>
>>40964814
Dude srs just use barbell
>>
>>40965006
Why would a person buy something expensive to kill themselves?
>>
>>40965065
the answer to this question is as useful to me as a barbell
>>
>>40964814
Sounds like when you were doing one arm DB rows you got the pain too, otherwise you wouldn't know that a slight angle prevented it.

Sounds like you can lift more with barbell than trap bar since you say you have no pain when lifting more weight with pronated grip on straight barbell.

Sounds like you actually do have weak wrists.

Yet here you are insisting you have strong wrists and only want to use a trap bar.
>>
>>40965099
you should really stop lifting and find something expensive and sharp to kill yourself then.
>>
>>40965105
I said slightly angling my wrist eliminates the pain. I said bracing my wrist so they can't move does nothing. Eliminating grip strength with straps does nothing. If it's a wrist weakness issue why isn't it present with a pronated grip? I also spent a great deal of timing doing additional wrist extensor abd flexor work. Didn't help at all. I also made an ulanar strengthening device which is where the pain resides. Didn't help at all. I'm not discounting wrist weakness but none of it helps.

>>40965135
cool dude can you find some other thread to spread your ss 12 year old advice in
>>
>>40965172
If it's not weak wrists then you either have poor form or should just stop using a trap bar as often as you are. That's basically the only two things here. Either your wrists are weak or you are fucking p your lifts
>>
>>40964814
ITT OP posts something literally retarded then attacks everyone trying to ask questions, clarify something, or contribute to the discussion
I've never met someone so stupid that they do OHP with a fucking trap bar
>>
>>40965172
Online doctor here, you have a wrist deformity
>>
>>40964814
This is one of the most retarded things I ever read.
>>
>>40964814
How exactly does a person do rows with a trap bar? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>40964814
>uses trap bar for every single exercise
>shit wrists
Everyone else in thread is retarded and doesn't use trap bar
normal wrists
Coincidence?
>>
>>40965209
If it's my form then forcing my wrists to be straight would eliminate this variable. As well as using straps to take grip out of the equation. I've tried both simultaneously and individually and neither helped at all not even a little.

If it's weakness then straps should help. Straps didn't help at all not even a little. I spent a great deal of time strengthening wrist and taking time away. Didn't help not even a little. And again my weak wrist is in no pain whatsoever with a pronated grip.

Your logic is sound unfortunately I'm not looking for logical responses but rather hoping to find someone with my exact issue since the typical solutions don't work at all.

>>40965236
That's weird because I have zero wrist issues outside of trap bar use.
>>
>>40965307
Yeah dude. Zero issues outside of trap bar use. What does that tell you. Jesus. Why did you post this shit if you're gonna argue with and ignore everybody telling you what the damn issue is
>>
>>40965226
>>40965253
>>40965298
>>40965343
here's your you
>>
>>40965307
potato here, stop using trap bar
>>
File: Screenshot_20.png (521KB, 831x498px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20.png
521KB, 831x498px
>I'm a special snowflake look at me i dont use barbels

No, nigger you are just weak and stupid.
>>
>>40965172
You must have a pretty amazing physique to shit all over the type of training everyone does in lieu of trap bar training which "hits all the muscles better". Why not post a couple pics OP, I wanna see how impressive your muscles are. Also what's your trap bar OHP 1rm at the moment? When it's not ruining your wrists from the autism I mean.
>>
>>40965547
You must be a 12 year old child to think there aren't strong as fuck dudes using trap bars extensively if not exclusively. Check out Jim Wendler, Kevin Oak or Ben Bruno you fucking child.
>>
Is it like a shooting pain in the wrist when you move it a certain way OP? I have one in my right wrist too and its annoying as fuck and ruining my workouts
>>
>>40965583
>>40965583
Extensive and exclusive aren't the same thing.

So where's the pics bro? You developed a program yet or won any lifting competitions like Wendler? It's so weird that Wendler has a famous straight barbell training program since he only uses a trap bar. Downright nuts even. Hmm. Doesn't he know trap bar is better for everything? So weird. I wonder what Wendler benches with a trap bar. Hmm.
>>
>>40965469
Barbells aren't for everyone contrary to what your religion teaches you.
>>
>>40965636
OP has wrist pain with trap bar. Admits there is no pain with straight bar. Insists on using trap bar anyway, begs for help, insults everyone who tries to help. I think the issue here is OPs autism, not whether trap bars or straight bars are better.
>>
>>40965672
Wtf I have wrist pain in my right wrist and I only get it when using straight barbell, I thought op meant he got it with straight bar barbell
>>
>>40965672
I'm intentionally not divulging more information about my issues with barbell because it doesn't answer my question and I do not wish to have the religion of barbellanity to waste my time trying to convert me which it appears I'm not going to be able to do.
>>
>>40964814
post lifts
>>
>>40965714
Perhaps whatever you are avoiding divulging is what the issue is.
>>
>>40965752
Right because all answers will surely lead us back to barbell being the one and only true god, in iron be thy name, amen.
>>
>>40965770
Maybe you should just stop lifting then. Too dumb to use straight bar, too weak to use trap bar.

Have you considered the fact that there is a place for both? Hating trap bars and only using straight bars like a zealot is just as fucking stupid as you are for doing the opposite.
>>
I'm fucking loling IRL at the tought of an autistic anon OHP a trap bar

Then going to the doctor and trying to express his wrist hurt because
>trap bar masterrace

And his doc having to bullshit him on the why it hurts because he's too retarded
>>
File: image.jpg (749KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
749KB, 2000x1333px
>a-at least I'm different r-right?
>>
>>40965790
I have worse problems with barbells. Specialty bars are largely created because contrary to your religious beliefs, barbells are not one size fits all. Some of the strongest dudes I know only squat with a safety squat bar and only bench press with a swiss bar. I get it, you worship barbell only, now gtfo retard.
>>
>>40965805
Trap bar press is a great way to hit side delts, it's basically a koklov press without killing the rotator cuff
>>
>>40965853
Are you listening to yourself? Where the fuck is this religious shit coming from? You're the one saying you can only ever use a fucking trap bar even though it's messing you up. And apparently you don't wanna listen to your doctor's who are telling you the same shit.

The retard here is you, not literally everyone else.
>>
>>40965927
>does nothing to answer anything in my OP
>continues spewing barbell religion zealotry
great thanks your masterful logic and superior grasp on fitness has shown me the light
>>
>>40965969
Maybe you should go ask this on Reddit so they can tell you the same shit. Maybe you'll believe them.
>>
File: 1486315271758.jpg (20KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
1486315271758.jpg
20KB, 282x341px
I think I get the OHP, I imagine it'd be similar to javelin presses. But I have no fucking clue how you'd squat with a trap bar.
>>
File: WRISTLET.png (48KB, 841x1048px) Image search: [Google]
WRISTLET.png
48KB, 841x1048px
>>40964814
OC CONFIRMED
>>
>>40966000
You insist on spreading your barbell religion propaganda. I get it. Now get out.
>>
>>40966054
I don't have pain when doing any movements tho my autistmo memer
>>
>>40966054
lolwut
>>
>>40966054
Good summary of the topic.
>>
>>40966053
It's basically the exact same as squatting with dumbbells only you can use a lot more weight and you don't have heavy ass dbs dangling by your side.
>>
>>40966164
Can you even break parallel that way if you don't have t-rex arms?
>>
>>40964814
Who the fuck does OHP with a trap bar? OP do you want to be like one of the weird fuckers doing meme exercises in those webms?

Fuck off. Sage goes in all fields.
>>
>>40966281
I find just a regular old trap bar deadlift is good enough. It's a great all in one exercise. Not as good as doing both squat and deadlift but it's such a good single full body strength movement.

Anyway, you can increase ROM by dropping your hips and adding a deficit. I'm 6'2" with body proportionate arms btw.
>>
>>40965635
Greg Nuckols agrees with me and I'm pretty sure he can outlfit everybody on this board.
>>
It's another "OP is a moron and asks for advice then won't listen to anyone who challenges his idiotic views" thread.
>>
>thread has nothing to do with barbells
>perfect opportunity to convert OP to barbellslam
>>
>>40966636
Nice, OP. Now you're pretending to not be OP.

Fuck off. Sage.
>>
>>40967006
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit
>>
>>40964814
Way too fucking long and didn't read.
Trap bars are a FUCKING meme so of course they don't make even more stupid versions of the bar. You sound like a fucking retarded limp wristed faggot.
>>
>>40968114
feel free to get the fuck outta my thread then idiot
>>
>>40968806
Your thread is shitting up the board, I can't ignore it. I'm going to have to ask that you never post again.
>>
>>40965853
Swiss bar presses and rows are comfy as fuck
>>
>>40969346
right better get back to your meme shitposts faggot
>>
>>40970793
Never reply to me or post on my board ever again you trap loving faggot piece of shit.
>>
>2017
>not using a tsunami bar
>>
>>40964814
>don't lift me or my son ever again
>>
>>40974022
aahahahahahahaha
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.