[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looks like alot of carbs and fats, not enough proteins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: macros.png (108KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
macros.png
108KB, 1080x1920px
This is what MFP tells me (for the default setting of "maintaining my weight").

How do you guys tweak these settings? When you're bulking? When you're cutting? When you're just eating at maintenance?
>>
Have consistent intake of protein throughout the day
Fill the majority with good carbs
Fats for the rest
>>
>>40964378
Yeah, sure, thanks, but that's not very precise, sorry...
>>
File: 20170331_153338.png (1MB, 1439x1333px)
20170331_153338.png
1MB, 1439x1333px
>>40964362
Protein is always at least 1gram per pound of bodyweight, regardless of cut or bulk.
Carbs are high when bulking, low when cutting.
Fats move inverse of carbs.
>>
>>40964614
Here OP. Just started cut. I'll cycle carbs down one week at a time. At the end of 4 to 5 weeks they'll be nearly 0. Will add protein and fat to make up the difference.
>>
This is probably my perfect macro nutrient profile. This day is missing my protein shake for another 240 cal.

Been cutting extremely well. But had to incorporate 3 hours of cardio a week minimum to really make fat loss gains. Last few days has been below maintenance but mostly fruit. Havnt lifted in 2 days. Down 10lbs from 185 to 175 since Feb 1st.
>>
>>40964577
Well good carbs can come from oats, rice, potatoes, etc

If you're going with 3 meals try and add around 30-60g of protein per meal
Eggs have a lot you could add two eggs and hit your protein macros for a meal

For fats I like to use peanut butter to add calories if I'm still under or Im too full to have another complete meal but need 400-500 calories

You can use whey between meals or add it to oats to keep co distant protein levels through the day
>>
>>40965275
This isn't really cutting tips this is more so for my bulk

Eating lots of meats/proteins can keep you fuller, longer which would help on a cut.

The nice thing about keeping most your calories in carbs though is that its cheaper
>>
>>40965275
Can you precisely and scientifically argument, with supporting medical literature, that there are good and bad carbs, and not just carbs, and what makes them good or bad?

Because it's just like "toxins" for me for now: a lot of talk, zero scientific supporting evidence.
>>
>>40965296
>The nice thing about keeping most your calories in carbs though is that its cheaper
That for sure, I think that's why grains and starches are staple food in all cultures all around the world
>>
>>40965296
http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/carbs-simple-complex-high-low-glycemic-good-bad/

What makes them good or bad is how quickly they are used essentially
>>
>>40965643
This
To
>>40965544
>>
File: 1337518951136.jpg (26KB, 400x300px)
1337518951136.jpg
26KB, 400x300px
>>40965643
Oh right, whenever people talk about carbs on /fit/ I assume they mean complex carbs and I keep forgetting that simple sugars are carbs too.

Yeah so my question in >>40965544 actually only pertained to complex carbohydrates (not mono- or disaccharides).

Apparently all complex carbs are not equal because some are broken down faster into simple sugars, they're said to have higher glycemic index (GI), I did not know that

For instance:

White wheat bread: average GI = 75
Traditional French baguette (prepared with wheat flour, water, salt and 20 g yeast) (France): GI = 57

>tfw you live in France and have access to superior bread
>>
>>40965643
Also, weirdly enough:

Wheat, whole kernels (Triticum aestivum)(India): GI = 30

Triticum aestivum means common wheat, not durum wheat which is the kind used in pasta, bulgur, or couscous

So wheat confirmed as good carb, also, better than wheat bread, perhaps because of bran, i dunno. Take that, rice fanboys.

It's a good thing though cause wheat kernels are a commonplace school cafeteria food in my country. It's not the one I like the best but it's a nice change from rice and bulgur. Usually they overcook it though. Stupid school cooks overcook everything.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.