[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

post-gym depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: stock photo.jpg (64KB, 759x422px) Image search: [Google]
stock photo.jpg
64KB, 759x422px
does anyone ever get a bit sad after the gym?
even if i don't feel like going some days i never regret it once im there. i feel good, happy, accomplished. it takes my mind off of all the bad shit or stress that's happening in my life, even for just a little while. then when i come home i just want to lift and work my body again and avoid my problems. i'm not mentally ill, i think it's just the seasonal depression that's got me. the gym is one of my favorite places to be
>>
Post gym is the best feeling.
Rest days make me suicidal.
>>
The gym is probably a power fulfillment fantasy, or the one time you feel in control. Then coming back to reality you remember the shit show life is
>>
>>40956826
It's probably enzymatic. I used to get pretty anxious and angry after cardio, instead of the "zen" place most people feel in. I started using ritalin for cardio and slowly removing the ritalin while increasing the resistance to force myself into getting "addicted" to cardio.
That's however, because I have ADHD. I don't know if you have any other times when you feel sad or is it only after gym. Do you take pre-workouts?
>>
>>40956905
This. Rest days are hell.
>>
>>40956905
fbpb
>>
>>40956905
t. someone who just started lifting. people who lift for more than a year leave this board and either make it, move onto r9k and post daily suicide threads or move onto other hobby boards.

personally i still leave the house without even thinking about it and half ass my workout then go home to shitpost on r9k
>>
>>40959028
lifting over 4 years now, only here for the topkeks like the uranium bulking thread but you are pretty accurate only that im still loving every single workout and also give 110% everytime and yeah i also get fucking depressed after workout and on restdays i want to fucking kill myself all the time...

But i went on other boards tbqh.
>>
The quality of a workout used to really determine whether I had a good day or not.

I would work out in the morning before work. If my lifts were on point, my weight went up, my form was tight and I finished the workout feeling strong, stable and without any undue aches or pains I'd feel like a fucking god for the rest of the day.
I'd go to work looking thicc and tight, hold my head up high, be confident and open with girls and just have a great time.

If however my workout went less than perfect, maybe an old form issue flared up, maybe I was tired and not concentrating, maybe I struggled with the weights I hit before... Anything at all really. That would mean for the rest of the day I would constantly obsess and turn over every little fault in my head compulsively and I'd be totally miserable. My confidence would be fucked. I'd sulk for an entire day just because of that workout.

Now I workout mid afternoon/early evening where possible because at least then, if it's not a good one, I don't have my whole day ahead of me to lament about it.
>>
File: tumblr_lvjpj7IysR1r3n3ugo1_500.gif (493KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lvjpj7IysR1r3n3ugo1_500.gif
493KB, 500x350px
i had a shit workout yesterday, i had absolutely no energy training my shoulders. i felt like i was floating around the gym, depersonalised i guess. i fucking hate myself
>>
>>40956905
Wtf is a rest day. I gym every fucking day bitch
>>
>>40958571
Wat the fuk is rest day. If one muscle is sore i do another. Gym 7 days a week bitch
>>
>>40959370
You're literally autistic. R9k is cancer. Rest fucking day??? I gym everyday and rotate muscle groups so i can gym everyday faggot.

I come here for cbt critique and topkeks.

Fuck other boards (besides pol), 4chan is a drain of time as is.
>>
>>40959532
Plan you day then fuck face. Get enough sleep, water and nutrition per day, otherwise you'll fail im gym.
>>
>>40959581
For real fuck r9k it's a circle jerk contest of who has the most pathetic lives
>>
>>40959551
>>40959557
obviously not lifting hard enough twinks
>>
File: 1491381341203.jpg (20KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491381341203.jpg
20KB, 480x480px
from a psychological standpoint you have developed your brain to the point where you "like" the emotional state you are in after the gym. It's the same with people who like to make recent personal negativity the topic of conversation with friends and family - they like complaining and enjoy negativity
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.