[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 48

File: IMG_7762.jpg (18KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7762.jpg
18KB, 259x194px
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread.

GO!
>>
>>40955766
If i can squat relatively same weight olympic high bar as i do with low bar with approx same degree of comfyness, which should i do?

Rugby player here btw, i need to squat heavy obv but wondering cause heard olympic squats help with jumping abilities/explosiveness more etc etc
>>
>>40955766
i have a question.
How should i ask this girl out?
since there's a zoo next to our college i want to invite her to the zoo with me. Now things are quite complicated between us since we're both fucking with each others head because we're both idiots, but im positive she likes me.

Should i say
>do you want to go to the zoo with me on *insert day*?
or
>when are we gonna go to the zoo?

i suppose its the First one, since its shows determination blabla
>>
>>40955855
>Lets go to the zoo. When are you free?
>>
>>40955855
The first one.
>>
>>40955878
Do this anon
>>
What's the first thing you text a girl to get the ball rolling?
>>
Is almond milk a overpriced meme? Roomates are vegans and drinking it is easier.
>>
How the fuck do I stop using one leg more than the other in squats? I've been trying to consciously use both equally but I still use my dominant leg more
>>
>>40956345
It's fine but expensive
If you don't want to piss off your roommates get but if you don't care regular milk is the sameish
>>
What does S I P S mean?
>>
>>40956563
Curious too
>>
>>40956277
anon, just be casual. Say hi, what's up. how's your day going...blah blah. If she's interested she'll text you back and reciprocate. If not, she won't make any time for you.
>>
Do you guys have a system for naming your plates too? Here are mine:

1.25kg: THE PLATE OF AMBITION
The smallest increment for increating most lifts. Looks so tiny, but represents that *push* to be stronger today than you were yesterday. So humble yet so instrumental, it flows within the Tao of Gains.

2.5kg: THE PLATE OF JOY
And look! Add two 1.25 ambition plates and this is what you get. Symbolosing the subtle mystery and glory of Gains, that they are *cumulative*, which is what it's really all about.

5kg: THE DANGER PLATE
But look out. We all like to record nice even numbers for our lifts. When we can only do 107.5kg, it's soooo tempting to force 110kg before we're ready. But when ego outpaces gains, the form declines, and that is the beginning of all iniquities.

10kg: THE PLATE OF CRUELTY
That halfway point to the next lmao*pl8, and so the toughest part of the journey, when going back would be as hard as going forward. But fear not! Through the pain lies the hidden humble road of further gains.

20kg: THE PLATE OF VYNZBRAH
Yes! From *sixteen* increments of the ambition plates we slam on another of these, building a brick in the edifice of our newer better selves. The joy of this plate comes from the consolidation of all we went through before.

Naturally I use a letter code for recording my lifts. So instead of 137.5kg, I'd write TTCDJA -- two plates of Triumph, a plate of Cruelty, a Danger plate, a plate of Joy and a plate of Ambition.

Then of course there are the special plates:

< 1.25kg: TRAPPY PLATES
I've never tried microplates but will resort to them if my damn OHP keeps plateauing. Since the Triumph plate is already a "T", I'd use a little "t" for trappy plates.

Plates in "lbs": FAG PLATES
Only for use in lesser gyms where I don't have an alternative. Honestly kg is just so much more elegant: "60kg" is rounder and more trustworthy than "135lbs" - though I suppose lmao#pl8 is heavier and more impressive in pound scales.
>>
>>40955855
anon, I'm a grill. You don't want to be too assertive with a girl you're starting to court. It is attractive to some girls but if you want to play the safe card you should say "hey have you ever been to the ____zoo?" she'll respond "no hah but I've always wanted to go then you'll say "me neither, we should go sometime."
>>
how many grams of sugar and carbs do you guys eat day?
I try to limit my carbs to 100g or less and my sugar to 25 g or less.
>>40956798
no anon I like calling workouts by their real name.
>>
If I get a sip right now and go to the gym, will I be able to fall asleep in 3 hours?
>>
>>40955855
Be assertive. Tell her you wanna fuck and see what's up. As it turns out most girls are super horny pervs. They just hide it well. Say "yo bitch when we gonna fuck? Before or after I take you to the zoo."
>>
File: 1489550621095.jpg (122KB, 499x749px) Image search: [Google]
1489550621095.jpg
122KB, 499x749px
>>40956563
/sips/
>>
File: IMG_0410.jpg (214KB, 780x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0410.jpg
214KB, 780x800px
I've just only realized how healthy tuna is, but I've never really liked the smell or taste of it. Is there any way to mask the flavor of tuna with spices or any /fit/-approved recipes?
>>
>too fat so cutting
>stalling on lifts

What do, just keep lifting and when I get skinny enough go back to building muscle by lean bulking?
>>
Should I do PHAT or TM or 5/3/1 after I am done with SS? can someone quickly each programs focus?
>>
>>40957085
Put a small amount in a sandwich with some salad or something.

>inb4 bread never gonna make it
>>
>>40957085
mac n cheese plus tuna
>>
File: 028 - VyYOepJ.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
028 - VyYOepJ.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>40957124
bread is fucking bad for you
>>
when do I change to an intermediate program? which one would you guys recommend?
>>
>>40955766
would it be ok to do deadlifts twice a week instead of 1 deadlift and 1 bentover row (alternative to power clean, can't do those)? I don't really like bentover rows and I don't think they are adding much to my results...

currently deadlifting 1x5 120kg, maybe doing something like 3x5 with 80~100kg in the second deadlift day of the week instead of bentover row?
>>
>>40956785
pretty much this.
>>
So, I did curls today and first set hit 12, second hit 10, third 9 and fourth 8 with a one minute rest between each set.

Should I increase rest so I can try to hit 12 each set?
>>
>>40957085
Nigga did you just post Kengan Ashura fanart? You're cool, lemme eat your asshole you faggot.
>>
>>40957085
Tuna + eggs + veggies stir fried in soy sauce with garlic. Then you dump buttload of rice on top gj you have fried rice now.
>>
>>40956729
S I P B O Y S
I
P
B
O
Y
S
>>
File: 20170405_053937990_iOS.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170405_053937990_iOS.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
my knee is fucked up.
I got it drained once and it hasn't filled back up with whatever the fuck was in it. It felt good after initial draining, but now it's swelling again.
I can't bend my knee and I've rested it for 3 or 4 weeks and it's still the same. I need to squat. Also I'm American and have no insurance ath the moment.
>>
File: 20170405_053947454_iOS.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170405_053947454_iOS.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>40958786
Here is the inside of my knee. I get a pain in my calf sometimes. I also can't straighten my leg completely.
>>
Hey guys! To questions, unrelated.

>First
In the gym, I see a lot of fairly big guys doing movements with a lot of momentum (front raise) or micro reps pull ups. How come they still are big.

>Second
I realised that my squat and deadlift form is shit. Like really bad. I can deadlift 2 plates but it's mostly with my back so it's pointless. Same for squats, my lower back seems to take it all. How do I correct my form? And can I do leg press/leg curls in the meantime for actual leg volume?
>>
How do I politely tell a gym manlet stalker to stop, I'm working out at a gym that I work at and I don't want any grief. It's getting pretty spooky now
>>
>>40959750
switch gyms

he'll figure out it's all his fault and will never do that shit again
>>
>>40959750
Give the Manlet a chance ;)

t. 5'3 Manlet.
>>
>>40959721
first
>how come they are so big
most likely what you see them do isn't the gist of everything they do, if they're doing stuff like that it sounds like they train for explosiveness which also means they train to for bigger numbers in bench, skwaats, and diddly
also eat moar

second
If form is an issue, it's best to stop what you're doing and go back down and work up again when youve learned correct form. Working up again sounds sucky but you'll be able to move up in weight faster.
>>
File: Logan3.jpg (125KB, 284x387px) Image search: [Google]
Logan3.jpg
125KB, 284x387px
HIIT vs LISS.

I plan to start swimming but am limited on time during the week.

Question: Will HIIT swimming twice a week give me the same results (stamina wise) as 30mins of regular swimming 5 days a week?
>>
Is this right in terms of push up variation progression ?

Knee push ups
Regular push ups
Elevated push ups
Diamond push ups
One handed push ups
Hand stand push ups

Have i got the order right?
>>
>>40959750
I wouldn't engage with him at all. You'll possibly only encourage him.

Tell one of the staff to tell him his behaviour is making women uncomfortable (which is true). This avoids him knowing it was you who reported him. If he continues, you'll have to see of they'll terminate his membership.
>>
>cns burnout very easily

wat do?
>>
>>40959794
But the thing is I love this gym a lot, they recently added more newer model machines and I get free membership. I have another membership at other place but it's a shitty one. Appreciate the advice tho
>>40959812
I already did, used to date someone that was 5'4, I'm 5'5
>>
>>40959866
I've already brought him up to the management. But shit man this stalker is very persistent af, I was doing cardio for an hour and he would pretend that he is working out around me and wouldn't leave for the entire cardio. I have pic proof if you want one lol. Last stalker that I had actually kept coming back at me even after I told the manager so that was a grief too
>>
In regards to stretching how long does the body stay "warmed up" for like could I go home (10 min walk) and do my post work out stretches and be ok?
>>
I'm a lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>40959877
Oh. What was the problem with the Manlet you used to date? Was he actually insecure? Are the memes mostly true?

I need to know so that when i find my own real life cheekie i don't mess up
>>
File: 1480621278405.jpg (133KB, 1200x816px) Image search: [Google]
1480621278405.jpg
133KB, 1200x816px
Cardiofags

Started out this week. Now I have plantar fasciitis. Will it be over soon? Should I stop running until I recover? How to prevent it?

I think I caused it by not warming up before running on a hard terrain. Any info on the subject appreciated.
>>
I'm not supposed to let the bar touch my chest on OHPs right?
>>
Every time I browse fit on my phone ads stop my music anyone knows how to prevent this?
>>
File: idgrurslrkmy.jpg (8KB, 362x366px) Image search: [Google]
idgrurslrkmy.jpg
8KB, 362x366px
>>40959990
>not watching alan thrall on jewtubes
>>
So I went to a local supplement store to purchase a pre-work, I asked the clerk if they had a good pre-work that did not have too much caffeine but can still help with my lifts they recommended Dr.Jekyll did I get jewed?
>>
>>40959914
Me too. I'm just doing what this dude did. Pull ups only. Seems u can easily get the body that the gals want

http://m.imgur.com/fOhlBjU?r
>>
>>40959988
btw my symptoms are pain in heel and pain in the area below the calf and above the Achilles tendon, which goes away after 20 secs of walking/stretching.
>>
>>40959824
I started HIIT running yesterday and had a lot of fun. I read all the wikipedia stuff and it seems that anaerobic training (like HIIT) for three times per week, has the same if not a stronger impact on cardiovascular fitness than aerobic training (like distance running) five times per week.
I'm doing it to cut bodyfat. Anyone have experience with HIIT? did you get shredded brah?
>>
>>40959996
>alan thrall

Cheers
>>
File: 1423733019344.jpg (115KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1423733019344.jpg
115KB, 612x612px
I wanna lose some BF%, and one tip I found online was to eat less 'starchy carbs' (eg pasta and rice). But I fucking love pasta and rice. Can't I just eat less and hit my calories goal?
>>
>>40960010
Take some rest and exercise on the bike if that's without pain. Should go over by itself.
>>
My pecs aren't filling in the way I'd like them so. On the outside bottom edges there is a dibbit. Kinda like the manlet in that connor video.

Wondering if theres any exercise I can do to COMPLETELY AVOID THIS or if its just an insertions thing.
>>
>>40960026
You're fat because of the pasta and rice. Get that shit out of your diet faggot. Especially if its refined, which is most likely is.

Eat fats, they satiate your hunger better. Cutting calories is a meme.
>>
>>40959978
He was very bipolar, asked me for money a lot, stole my money and played games to press my buttons so I got sick of it and eventually dumped him. I knew the fact that he was extremely insecure about his height so I never brought up height topic when we were dating, he actually wasn't ugly, he went to the gym a lot like me and had gains so he had that going for him. I don't think it was the height that made him into a shitty person, it's mostly his personality that he always had was the shitty part. His friends never liked him, I only stayed because I felt bad for leaving. Which is retarded.
>>
Had to take a 3 weeks off due to some tendinitis on my tricep. This being my first real 'major' break from lifting, 5-6 days a week for the last 6 months... are my gains kill
>>
>>40960031
>>
What shoes should i wear in the gym?
>>
>>40959997
you want a preworkout that has caffeine and/or fast digesting carbs such as dextrose
pixie stix and coffee works for me
or just join the meme and take sips
>>
File: Photo on 2017-04-05 at 3.22 AM.jpg (84KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2017-04-05 at 3.22 AM.jpg
84KB, 640x426px
>>40960057
I got myself a compression sleeve, it works like a charm. Mine was 25 bucks, Schiek brand
>>
>>40960096
I typically add carbs with a post work out blend of whey and creatine.
>>
File: download (7).jpg (8KB, 279x180px) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
8KB, 279x180px
>>40960107
>small glimpse of bra strap hanging out
>>
File: 515938-hime_blushes.png (741KB, 952x534px) Image search: [Google]
515938-hime_blushes.png
741KB, 952x534px
>>40960163
s-stop it anon kun... baka!
>>
>>40960095
An anal plug so that it's easier for your gym bros to do you after the workout
>>
>>40959906
Hmm
Multiple stalkers. I'm gonna say vapid ugly whore who thinks men are after her.
>>
So, ill have to take a break for 2 weeks and im worried about my gains. should i try to maintain somehow? maybe bring a set of dumbbels with me?
>>
What are the best bodybuilding books aside from Arnold's book?

Are Frank Zane or Franco's books any good? They all have very few reviews on Goodreads of Amazon.

Any good books on the psychology of getting fit?

Also, how come Hollywood never came calling for Frank Zane or other bodybuilders in their heyday?
>>
>>40960575
You prolly won't lose anything. Rather than a set of BD, a pull up bar and a strong resistance band are the way to go while on the go! (add an ab wheel to be gold).
Hardest thing to hit is legs, but that's a good opportunity to try pistol squats!
>>
>>40955766

What if 2.5 plate squats are feeling a bit heavy and I'm not going very deep? Is it best to deload and go deep again or keep going and going parallel doesn't matter too much?
>>
File: Arnold-Schwarzenegger1.jpg (14KB, 219x265px) Image search: [Google]
Arnold-Schwarzenegger1.jpg
14KB, 219x265px
/fit/bros, what are the best macro ratios for bulking?
>>
>>40960758
Doesn't reaally matter, just hit your protein and fill the rest with fats and carbs
>>
>>40960758
>>40960784

Protein 0.8g per lb
Fat 0.5g per lb
Fill rest with carbs
Good or can be improved?
>>
File: huh.jpg (16KB, 550x421px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
16KB, 550x421px
What are some good exercises for forearms? I tried a few, but they feel kind of awkward to do.
>>
File: download (8).jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>40960817
weighted wanking

>captcha: select images that contain cream
>>
Throat infections medicine a treatment = bye gains ? Is it going to burn my muscles?
>>
>>40960807
bump protein up to 1.2g per lb for balk
>>
I'm a student who drinks a buttload of coffee, about 6 cups per day (plus 2 0kcal energy drinks), 2 sugars per cup; what can I sweeten it with that's healthy and not more than 50kcal per cup?

No milk/cream, I hate the taste of them in coffee.

And yeah I know I'm consuming a buttload of caffeine here, it's just for finals then I'll detox.
>>
My pt says my Bulged disc will heal. It's been 5 months does it heal usually has anyone had it heal completely.
>>
>>40960817
Do fat grip hammer curls, super heavy farmers walks or wrist roller. The latter 2 will make your forearms burn like hell. Be prepared.
>>40960837
What...?
>>40959991
Try downloading one of those 4chins apps I guess. Never had that problem but might help. Also, try different browsers to figure out what's causing it and go from there.
>>40959876
Train until you have better CNS.
>>
>>40959991
Try adblock browser, should work!
>>
>>40960921
Or just anything that takes away the bitterness, doesn't have to be sweet. Plain black coffee gives me the worst drymouth, and that while you're dropping water weight and cutting is hell.
>>
Ive been on antihistamines (Allegra = aka = Fexofenadine) and somebody on plebbit says you build an immunity over the years.

I hope that aint true, I think its just correlated with total body mass. I took 1-2 pills daily for eczema when I was 150lbs and now take about 5-6 at 248lbs. I'm cutting and don't plan on going above 220 again.

If my eczema gets worse I will kill myself at age 30. Gives me plenty of time, a gift to myself, really.
>>
File: bodyweight routine.jpg (922KB, 1562x4158px) Image search: [Google]
bodyweight routine.jpg
922KB, 1562x4158px
So I'm doing this shit
Will this be enough to strenghen/widen my core?
I didn't play any sports as a kid so my core is weak and it makes my hips look wide as fuck.
Also doing jump rope cardio/walks.
Currently eating at deficit for lower bf%
>>
>>40961009
Nice blog post

It's a neurochemical receptor blocker, so no the effects don't change with weight (only the lethality of it; LD50 is measured in grams per kg body mass), and yes you develop a decreased sensitivity to it. Sensitivity will recover with time off the drug, so consider doing that on a regular basis.

But eczema isn't treated by antihistamines, the drugs are only to help you sleep, and there are alternative sleeping medications which act on other neuroreceptors. You probably knew that already though so what the shit did you post for (and if you didn't, do some goddamn research: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatitis#Management )
>>
>>40960924
I mean , does medicine for infection treatment is going to have some effect on my gains? , becouse it is taken with an full stomach
>>
>>40955766

How the fuck do I get more endurance / cardio? I used to Swim for the greater majority of my life and never had any issue swimming multiple km hard at a time.

I ballooned in size and lost all of my cardio ability, and now when I swim I last for about two laps before I get exhausted and my muscles are tired. How do I push over this hump, and how long does it take before my endurance increases?
>>
What exercise hits more the bicep than any other , becouse i think im getting bigger forearms but my biceps stay the same size , is there a way to improve this by using my new forearm gains ?
>>
>>40961155
Weighted chinups with curls for hypertrophy. Dunno what routine you're doing, but these should be in there anyway, especially chinups.
>>
Is it a problem if i sleep 6 hours then i wake up ,eat and sleep 2 more in order to complete thw 8 hrs cycle to rest and build muscle or it doesnt get the same benefits as sleeping the 8 hrs
>>
File: endorphins.jpg (29KB, 390x250px) Image search: [Google]
endorphins.jpg
29KB, 390x250px
Feels like I've stopped getting the endorphin rush after lifting and cardio. How do I get the high back?
>>
>>40961201
Won't happen: first off, unless you somehow time it perfectly, by waking yourself up you're breaking a sleep cycle. Secondly, when you wake up, unless you do everything in pitch black, some light is going to hit your eyes and your melatonin levels will fall: melatonin is the neurochemical which regulates your circadian rhythm, meaning when it falls, your brain thinks it's morning and starts to wake you up.

The US military did a study on polyphasic sleep (what you're doing) though, which you might benefit from, although I'm not sure how it'd affect muscle growth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biphasic_and_polyphasic_sleep
>>
How much do people generally take off to deload? I've heard both 20lbs and 20% but 20% of my squat is like 70lbs.
>>
Why is cardio so boring, lads?

Any spicier alternative except from cycling and swimming to regular jogging? Is there anyway I could spice up my regular morning jog?
>>
>>40961270
But what if i get back to sleep ? Is like beginning the whole cycle again ? Why after those 1 2 3 hrs of "nap" we feel energized and well rest
>>
>>40961309
Run past your friendly neighborhood negro pack with some black and milds in your pocket. Don't get caught.
>>
Calorie dense source of carbs with low fiber and low GI?

Oats are packed with fiber and make me fart non stop, brown rice a bit less but still.
>>
>>40961277
If your squat is that low then you don't need to deload
>>
>>40961261

Train harder
>>
>>40961395
340 is low? I meant 20% off of it is 70lbs.
>>
>>40961317
Yeah, you're cutting a cycle short and then beginning a new one; your brain won't just save your sleep cycle progress then load it back up. If you get back to sleep, it'll be more restless than usual because of the melatonin, and I'm only assuming this, but the worse your sleep, the worse the muscle gains/repairs.

If you absolutely need to do this for whatever reason, you're getting 7+ hours worth of cycles, so you shouldn't be too bad. But if you want optimisation, get the solid block of 8 hours: that's what your circadian rhythm is built to do, anything else will throw it off.

As for naps, read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siesta#Biological_need_for_naps

Taking one during the day could work, but doing it so soon after waking won't, because your body's homeostatic pressure to sleep hasn't had time to rise to adequate levels.

>>40961309
Find some laxatives and time how long they take to work. Time your run so that you get a certain distance from your home before the need to shit hits you. Not only do you get a good sprint on the way back, but you can also make a progression plan just by taking the laxative closer to your run every day.
>>
>>40961417
lmao
>>
>>40961437
>lmao
>he thinks Starting Shits by Rippletits is a joke
>>
>>40961417
>>40961321
Thanks for the suggestions, m8s.
>>
>>40961472
you assumed wrong
I was talking about laxatives my man
>>
>>40961085
Not enough. Add real ab work. Crunches, weighted or declined.
To "narrow" your hips, work on broadening your shoulders and back. Handstand push ups and pull ups/chin ups are goats for that.

I use do follow this routine, a years or so ago. My main issue with it is that it requires a lot of flexibility.
>>
>>40956563
>>40956729

I used to wonder as well. Apparently there was a thread asking what people did to get amped before a workout, and someone posted a monster can. I guess he said something about how great the first sip of the day was, and it became a meme.

So SIPS = monster (or occasionally other energy drinks)
>>
File: IMG_1721.jpg (20KB, 236x308px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1721.jpg
20KB, 236x308px
How to achieve this mode?
>>
>>40961576
I have an ab roller
Would adding ab roll outs 3x8 every workout suffice?
>>
I gained about 1kg of weight over the course of 2 weeks, which kinda happened suddenly. Before this I weighted 69kg on a strict maintenance diet of about 2700 calories each day, about 200 grams of protein (I don't count carbs or fat, too much work).

I am a climber, so weight-gain is not really desirable, although 1kg is nothing. When I look in the mirror, I still see incredible ab definition, forearm and biceps veins, but to think I gained 1kg of pure muscle in about 2 weeks is kind of stupid.

The question is this, can this sort of muscle gain happen so suddenly, or am I lying to myself thinking I still have 10% body fat, which is just a visual estimate.
>>
>>40959906
>>40960541
Pics or you're a paranoid uggo.
>>
How long is it safe to cut on a constant 500 calorie deficit? No cheat meals. Safe meaning muscle preservation
>>
6'7" lanklet here, how low do I go for my incline presses with a bar? Going to slightly below chin is fine, feels like muscles are working, but if I go down to chest, my arms relax and it gets more difficult to get back up. Only recently started. Also should I be using my legs to push against the bench more if the angle is fixed?
>>
>>40961417
If thats the case , im going to beat the next mofuker that wakes me up from my gains sleep cycle
>>
I want to get in touch with a girl from highschool but I don't think she got a facebook. Think I should ask her friend to give her my phone number? Pretty sure she liked me.

>>40961092
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatographic_urticaria

I take allegra. It stops swelling and red marks. I am seeing a dermatologist soon. I've seen one before and they put me on the drug "doxepin" but I didn't like it. It had many other properties to it.

Lifes a bitch desu.

I'm probably going to move south to avoid harsh winters.
>>
>>40961668
Nigga 1kg could be anything: water weight, muscle gain, fat gain, glycogen gain, scale offset. And 1kg of fat ain't gonna change your bf% much.

>>40961769
You'll always lose muscle on a cut; how much depends on things like protein intake and whether or not you're lifting. But all you can do is mitigate muscle loss. That being said, if you get everything right so you're mitigating the muscle loss properly, you can drop to probably around 10%bf before the muscle loss begins to increase (as your body begins to run out of fat reserves).

>>40961841
Getting woken up once every so often ain't gonna hurt you as long as you're in routine the rest of the time. Gains are long-term, don't forget, this is the same reason cheat days are allowed: an outlier doesn't break a trend.
>>
>>40961769
Im currently at a 900 cals deficit , muscle is going great, slowly getting the definition i want but i surely lift 5 days and complete my everyday protein intake , but sometimes i think i should go back up to 500 or 400 again maybe to reset the "fat storage mode or metabolism adaptation" IF it exist or gain some muscle if its possible
>>
>>40961877
Worst case is embarrassment, best case is a moment of happiness: go for it.

And sorry, thought it was just general eczema: in that case yeah, if you can't adapt to your surroundings, adapt your surroundings to you. Tough break, but you'll find your way same as everyone else.
>>
>>40961124
Just keep at it man, and make sure to start really slow and warm up well
>>
Is a 700 calorie deficit significantly more risky (muscle loss wise) Vs a 500 calorie deficit? Considering i hit my protein intake and fat daily. And also lift
>>
Hello /fit/ newbie here. Are hybrid squats (wider stance, high-bar position) bad? Narrow stance doesnt work for me, and my gym doesnt have a power/squat rack to safely low-bar squat. Help
>>
If I'm just doing normal cutting/bulking cycles, do I ever need to worry about having loose skin?
>>
>>40962023
700 cal will take more discipline and the chances for binging are greater

>>40962058
No they are acceptable. But I suggest reading starting strength to fix your problem with lowbar squat. It's worth it
>>
>>40962068
If normal means for you to jump between 10 and 15% bf, then don't worry
>>
>>40962138
>fix your problem with lowbar squat. It's worth it
my problem is i dont want to squat "unsafely". we dont have any racks at all, just bar stands (?)
>>
so i've been doing a lot of high bar squats and i was deadlifting yesterday.

>middle of top set, 3rd rep
>on way up, back is solid, traps are engaged
>shooting pain at back of knee
>feel like someone stabbed me
>finish rep - end set
>wtf.jpeg

what happened to me fit? I get knee pain behind my knee when i squat, similar to a meniscus tear, but it goes away after a few hours.

What do?
>>
>>40962245
*meant lats are engaged
also, knee pain started after i did some hyperflexion knee positions
>>
If my sleep routine goes as the following:
Day 1 - 5h
Day 2 - 9h
Day 3 - 5h
Day 4 - 9h

Is it ok or will my workouts suffer because the lack of sleep one day.
>>
>>40962197
you don't squat the weight you can barely squat, you squat the weight you can barely squat with good form
>>
File: IMG_3858.jpg (65KB, 540x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3858.jpg
65KB, 540x383px
>>40955766
>been injured so no gym
>still eat the same amount as I normally do (3,200~3,400cals)
>still losing weight/gains

What the fuck /fit/? What am I doing wrong? I'm a former skelly so I don't mind putting on fat while I'm away from the gym but I can't even do that.
>>
>>40961631
I think so yes. I do wayy more but I'm prolly over doing my abs anyway
>>
File: Untitled 11.png (140KB, 1363x663px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 11.png
140KB, 1363x663px
>>40958786
Gonna post what I replied to an anon who has bulged disc and can hardly walk. He was basically asking QTDDTOT as a last resort before hoping someone would put him out of his misery. That is the context. If you have $35 and a grounded outlet you should be able to find relief like I'm sure he will.
>>
File: Untitled 1.png (110KB, 1361x663px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 1.png
110KB, 1361x663px
>>40958786
>>40962436
Documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8b_lg2z8Nc

Study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/

DiY video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFH3dXANut4

Anecdotal testimonials for people with pain (if you wanna read it): http://www.earthinginstitute.net/pain/

Earthing band link from pic related: https://www.amazon.com/Earthing-Body-Band-Kit/dp/B06X9F98BT/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1491403493&sr=8-1&keywords=earthing+band
>>
is it true that you HAVE to do cardio to get rid of that last bit of belly fat?

I lost over 80 lbs over the course of the year and I can see what I assume is my diaphragm and first layer of abs, and I have an apollo's belt outline, but the fat between my hips won't go away. Is it because I've been ignoring cardio?

Since I hate running will swimming work fine??
>>
>>40962476
>is it true that you HAVE to do cardio to get rid of that last bit of belly fat?

No. It's down to two things: Genetics determine your hormone level which determine where your first is stored first and lost last. And actual hormone levels, if you ate enough fat/cholesterol and don't have some brain tumor disallowing your genetics to express the production of your hormones. So lose more fat and or eat less carbs and more fat. When I went on keto my body shape changed and i lost weight on my waist first and actually has a bit of an hourglass shape that I didn't have when I was 20 lbs lower.
>>
>>40962476
>is it true that you HAVE to do cardio to get rid of that last bit of belly fat?
Yes.

>Is it because I've been ignoring cardio?
Could be. Fat distribution can be a bitch for some.

>Since I hate running will swimming work fine??
Yep. Much better then running imo desu senpai
>>
>>40962529
So that means if im lean in most body parts but have fat in my lower abs inner thigths and pubis means im still fat and need to cut ? How about hiit ?
>>
File: 13002326[1].jpg (17KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
13002326[1].jpg
17KB, 360x240px
>>40962664
No, it means your body prioritizes storing fat in those areas FIRST meaning you will lose there last. First on last off. So either lose more fat or, if that would put you in the unhealthy range, build muscle to even out your outline so it doesn't matter that you're carrying fat there. Not everyone is blessed with perfectly symmetrical, aesthetic fat storage.
>>
File: powerlift-3-schuh.jpg (143KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
powerlift-3-schuh.jpg
143KB, 590x590px
Pic related or adipowers?

I have both at home right now, they feel extremely similar and I got them for almost the same price. The powerlifts look a bit better imo. I obviously can't test them in the gym before deciding, so can someone give me any objective reasons for one or the other?
>>
>>40962704
How im supossed to build muscle in my pubis
>>
>>40962863
Not that dude, just fucking lose weight. You obviously aren't lean enough.
>>
File: BigFatPussy, Mufasa.jpg (102KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
BigFatPussy, Mufasa.jpg
102KB, 640x640px
>>40962863
Height/weight? Some women have fat pussies, nothing to be ashamed of really.
>>
>>40962138
But other than a greater chance of binging and needing more willpower... It's just as fine as a 500 cal deficit? I plan to cut down to 10% body fat
>>
>>40962896
Im male manlet exfatass 5'6 , i guess i just need to keep loosing weigth
>>
>>40957116
>>40957422

Anyone for either of these questions?
>>
File: 20170405_083023.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170405_083023.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Is this natty?
>>
>>40963040
As a natural on a cut, good luck keeping exactly the same strength, especially low bf%
Either drop weight or increase rest, but you probably need to drop weight.
>>
File: IMG_0174.png (86KB, 351x371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0174.png
86KB, 351x371px
Hi new to /fit/
So I changed my diet and lifting weights and the thing the sticky said

But for some reason I've been farting alot? Is there a reason or an I just weird?
>>
>>40963048
Hell no brah, not even close
>>
File: 26-j9dYPwm_l.jpg (52KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
26-j9dYPwm_l.jpg
52KB, 600x400px
(made a thread and got redirected here)

Redpill me on cheese, /fit/. Is there no reason that it can't be included in a proper diet as a healthy source of fat/protein? I never see it mentioned in people's diets or in meal prep discussion, but I've had no trouble using it in food that hits my macros/caloric intake (I use low-fat/light cheese or shredded almond cheese from Trader Joe's usually).
>>
>>40963079
Damn, guess I may as well break and tren up.
>>
>>40963082
I know most people cut out cheese when cutting/maintaining and use it strictly when bulking.
>>
>>40963118
completely unnecessary to do that, keep cheese IIFYM
>>
>>40963104
Eat more vegetables.

A slice of chicken breast with a side of broccolis for example.

Or eat small meals throughout the day.
>>
>>40963148
IIFYM is for fat lazy faggots who look DYEL as fuck and think they are Zyzz.
>>
>>40963323
you are a fucking idiot if you think getting some fat and protein from cheese is any different than getting fat and protein from chicken and oil
>>
File: freeletics.jpg (38KB, 847x476px) Image search: [Google]
freeletics.jpg
38KB, 847x476px
are freeletic's pushups a meme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLbjdCJ5-2w
>>
>been doing SS for four months
>take ten days off because of illness
>went to the gym yesterday
>squatted 90% of my previous working weight, was planning on doing 90%, then 95% on the next training day, then 100%
>today i have really bad DOMS in my quads and hamstrings
is this even normal?
>>
Can I make newbie gains on a deficit? I'm 6'0 181 and navy bf calculator says 16%. I've cut down from 190 and have been lifting for about a month and have seen strength gains. Can I make size gains on my 500 kC deficit?
>>
>>40955766
Can I get taller if I'm 5'10 at 18? What can I do so I can intimidate others and get jobs easier?
>>
>>40963781
Yes
>>
>>40963859
Doesn't matter if you can or can't brah. You have been lifting for month. Finish your cut, transition to a modest bulk, lift for a couple years, and it won't matter
>>
>>40955766
how many weight should you gain each week/month on a lean bulk?
>>
>>40963859
yes

>>40963859
>wear insoles
>foam roll upper spine
>stretch hip flexors
>lift
>wear shoes with little heels
>>
>>40963869
http://sluthate.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74651
- with love
Anon
>>
>>40963359
You are retarded if that's what you got from my post.
>>
>>40963904
Thanks for the response but you responded to me twice. I think you meant to respond to >>40963869
>>
>>40963869
>>40963904

>>40963890
0.5 kg
source: jonnie candito
https://youtu.be/GIX-RyorgkQ
>>
>>40963937
0,5kg each month ?
>>
>>40963869
>Can I get taller if I'm 5'10 at 18?
Yes, but not by choice. It's mostly genetics at this point, just make sure you're getting decent amounts of food as not to impede what little growth potential you might have left.
>What can I do so I can intimidate others and get jobs easier?
Stop caring about your fucking abs, nobody really gives a shit besides sluts (and if all you wanna do in life is fuck sluts, then boy do I have some bad news for you)
Eat big, lift heavy. Aim for 200 lbs (bare minimum) at 18-20% fat.
>>
>>40963962
>18-20% body fat goal
jesus christ Kek, muh strength
>>
>>40963958
yes?
>>
is there a super portable workout bench? if short on space what should I get equipment wise? gyms out of the question
>>
>>40963985
>What can I do so I can intimidate others
did you even read his post
>>
>>40963962
I just want to remove my belly fat, and impress job interview guys. My brother is really tall, same with my uncle. My Jew genes will probably betray me though. And the Choctaw bit. Hopefully my Anglo powers will keep me from being a baby
>>
>>40964017
Not that guy, if you are just starting out 2 pounds a month MAY be ok, but if you are at all intermediate, then I wouldn't go that far if I were you. This assumes natural
>>
>>40964049
Nobody is intimidated by a 5'10" 200 pound fat ass.
>>
ate too much today can I just reduce my calories tomorrow by that amount? also anyone has experience with PSMF? how did that work out
>>
Is Clenbuterol the best way to get really shredded? If not what is, I want off this natty ride
>>
>>40964054
>impress job interview guys
Before you said "intimidate others" ; there's a big difference between the two.
If you want to impress interviewers, you really only need not to be disgustingly fat and be knowledgeable in your field.
>I just want to remove my belly fat
Eat less, do cardio, lift weights but not too seriously.
Read the fucking sticky.

>>40964077
ok twink
Pretty much the only way to be intimidating (as far as body goes) is to be bearmode, but he's 18 and doesn't seem to have trained before, so he's a long way from that. Builtfat is the next closest type, and significantly easier to achieve. Also do note how i said that 200 lbs is bare minimum
For the record: being ottermode, "fit" or "ripped" isn't intimidating in the least. It might be impressive to some people, but not intimidating.
>>
Asked in a previous thread but never got a response.

Does anyone here have personal experience taking phytoestrogens (eg fennel, fenugreek, soy) to augment breast size? I can't find any empirical evidence. I've been on fenugreek for 2 weeks now and don't see any changes.

With that, how long do you have to be on the stuff? Do the "gains" vanish as soon as you stop? Are there adverse health effects?
>>
>>40961805
go to chest. It may mean to need to lower the weight but thats fine as its still working chest.
>>40963073
diet change and extra protein. Its common and will reduce with time.
>>40963082
People avoid it because its all fatty. Its good tho, I love montery jack. Since its a fat it will help stablize insulin.
>>40963104
Protein will sate you better than other types of food. Also, coffee and other warm drinks will reduce hunger and since its a liquid it will bump up your weight temporarily but should be pissed out before morning weigh in.
>>40963869
>>40964077
im 5'9 and people tell me in intimidating. Its a mix of dark hair, rarely smile, quiet and walking with head up as if im an authority figure.
>>40964086
You can reduce for next day but that can lead to being really hungry and making a mistake later, prob better to just stick to diet plan.
>>
I started lifting 2 years ago did a lot of SL 5x5 then did texas method this made me a trex since squatting every day is a meme and I fell for it thanks btw.
After that I didnt do any program or routine since I didnt go as much to the gym just 1 or 2 times. Im still kinda trex and also got fatter like 20%
I want to start lifting seriously again.
Going to the beach in august and I want to fix my body basically reduce fat and have better upper body.
What routine/program should I do? I only know of powerlifting exercises no body building one. Should I just do the same add some dumbbell ones for upper body but increase reps?
>>
>>40964034
ok looking at this : http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6076100 but it doesn't have anything to help if I only do half a rep to stop the weight, does that make sense, it's like a lower down part of the top part so you can just drag the weight back and it saves you can you buy one separately?
>>
>>40964154
too much fatty tissue in your breast will increase chances of breast cancer. Some things you can try:

Gain weight, hope it goes to tits instead of thighs and arms.

Work on pecs a bit, adding muscle will potentially push the tits out making them appear larger in relation to body. If you do too much pec work tho it will eat your tits and you will go flat.

Get breast implants.

Breast size is like height, genetic and not much you can do.

>>40964174
Do brosplit without a leg day. Bench, OHP, curls etc.
>>
>>40964197
is there any brosplit 3 times a day?
>>
I've never done a squat before in my life. Lifting nooblet, have been going to the gym for about five weeks, and can bench around 100lbs with moderate effort. What's a good starting weight for squatz? wondering about deadlift starting point as well.
>>
File: spot-11-interscapular-xl.jpg (76KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
spot-11-interscapular-xl.jpg
76KB, 800x800px
Was doing snatches. Went up in weight.
Hurt my back around here. Nothing too terrible but if I move it wrong it's a slightly sharp pain, like I tweaked my back.

Was my grip too wide?
>>
>>40964240
Brah there is no telling how you fucked your shit up with a lift like that. Either get use to nagging injuries, or stop doing complicated lifts
>>
>>40964215
You can make a brosplit yourself. Just schedule each body grp 2-3 times a week and gauge your energy levels as you go. I do

Bench: Mon Heavy, Wed Vol, Fri Heavy
OHP: Tuesday heavy, Thursday vol, Sat heavy
curls: every 24 hrs if energy is good and no pain.
Rack pull: Thurs after ohp, sun
>>
>>40964223
read ss
>>
>>40964318
looks like shit mate
>>
>>40964383
Ive been making good progress bud so I dont really care.
>>
Anyone notice their posture improve ( sitting/standing ) "on it's own" after you started to lift?

>tfw a word
>>
Recently I've been doing PPL and on push I alternate 5x5 OHP 3x8-12 Bench and 5x5 Bench 3x8-12 OHP. Is it normal that I feel my Bench on the 8-12 is weaker then it should be since I'm doing heavy OHP?
>>
>>40964197
That wasn't really the question though. I'm asking if consumption of phytoestrogens genuinely increase breast size.
>>
Running on a treadmill vs. running outside on pavement?
>>
>>40963859
>lifting for a month
>6' 181lbs = 16%
This is a lie unless you were jacked before working out. Post pics bet your closer to 25%
>>
>>40964318
>>40964391
>i know more than professionals
>i dont care if a couple of years down the road i get an injury
>i dont care if theres some important muscle im not working
>i dont care if i could be progression faster

>ALL I CARE ABOUT IS BEING LE EBIN SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE ROUTINE MAKER AND BEING ABLE TO CALL PEOPLE BUD ONLINE

this is you bud, youre not gonna make it bud, sorry to be the one to inform you bud
>>
is it a problem if i try to push the weight of my excersises while on a cut?
like, am i missing gainz because i improved my strenght during a cut instead of a bulk? or should i just try to go as hard as possible always?
>>
>>40956871
kekarooni
>>
>>40956871
cue to a post by that anon from jail or the hospital
>>
>>40957266
Switch when your lifts are no longer going up. I personally suggest PHUL
>>
>>40964836
>>40964826
Tell me im lying. Bitchs eat it up. Let them know your interested and let them know you wanna fuck. Use different words obviously. Then watch their inner slut come out. They will start giggling and touching you inadvertently and bumping against you and being super flirty. Girls are sluts if they like you. If not on to the next one
>>
>>40964867
>Tell me im lying
you're lying, if you just aproach a girl and say "wanna fuck" theyll slap you, unless youre really really hot, in which case they wont accept right away.

I dont disagree with you on the fact that girls are horny bitches, but they also like to play with guys, and like to feel "desired", they like when a male does something "exceptional" for them.

If you go low effort they can tell and generally dont like it, this is always talking about hot sluts that are worth it
>>
>>40964764
Pavement is harder on your knees, feet & shoes. However, wind resistance and other factors generally make running outside better.

The two are not equal but running on the treadmill isn't useless. Just use it when the weathers bad m8
>>
File: 714.jpg (176KB, 1126x1091px) Image search: [Google]
714.jpg
176KB, 1126x1091px
I'm an 18 yo NEET. I sent a job application to 5 employers 3 weeks ago, 3 of them were sales adviser positions at 3 different jewelers, the other 2 were waiter positions,

I haven't heard back from either. I sent a personalized cover letter along with my CV to all of them. What kind of jobs should I be applying to if I've never had one before? Should I just keep applying to these low tier sales positions and waiter positions but in much higher numbers like 50 applications?
>>
An EZ Curl Bar is like 10kgs (25lbs), right?
>>
>>40964883
I said let them know in so many words. Maybe don't say I wanna fuck but be upfront. Let it be known your interested
>>
>>40964913
>What kind of jobs should I be applying to if I've never had one before?

If you really have no experience and no degree these are your options:

1)work with a relative.

2)work for free for many years, after that you can say you have experience

3)work in really shitty jobs. A shitty job is a combination of things that anyone can do but no one wants to. Like cleaning toilets.
>>
>>40960922
Bump
>>
>>40964932
>Let it be known your interested
oh yes, that i agree, women like agresivenes, but not lack of creativity.
>>
>>40964223
starting weight is empty bar

>do five reps
>if you failed, remove 5 kg
>if it was barely doable, that's your starting weight
>if it was ok, add 5 kg
>if it was easy, add 10 kg
>repeat

also read SS for fuck's sake, all this basic babby stuff is explained in detail
>>
>>40964913
so you sent them a letter with a blank piece of paper attached to it
>>
File: IMG_3886.jpg (343KB, 550x811px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3886.jpg
343KB, 550x811px
>>40964913
Why don't you try taking the initiative and following up a day or two after submitting application??

Don't listen to this guy >>40964935
>>
>>40964913
Only 5? That's your problem. Cast a way wider net.

When I was unemployed I was sending out like 20 apps a day at least.

Also waiters aren't always low tier. Many restaurants want someone with experience and a lot of waiters started as busboys. Apply for busboy jobs if you want to work as a waiter later or dishwashing jobs if you want to be a cook later.
>>
is 17% bodyfat low enough to start bulking?
>>
>>40964913
listen to this guy:
>>40964935 this is the objective truth of real world adults
don't listen to this guy:
>>40964972 this is the fantasy world of 27yo neets living in their mothers basement
>>
>>40964935
but I've had friends in same situation apply to call centers or waiter positions and get jobs

>>40964969
n-no, 3 working days after I sent them my phone died and I went a day without being able to receive phone calls, maybe I got a call but I didn't know?
>>
>>40965021
>call centers or waiter positions
>A shitty job is a combination of things that anyone can do but no one wants t
>>
>>40965021
>>40964969
My point is, you have no experience, no education beyond maybe a high school diploma. You need to be applying for jobs that don't require a cover letter and resume. Something you can just fill out the application online until somebody calls you back to clean toilets or something.
>>
>>40964194
bump
>>
>>40965021
>n-no, 3 working days after I sent them my phone died and I went a day without being able to receive phone calls, maybe I got a call but I didn't know?
>my phone died
get another fucking one

fucking lazy generation TAKE THE INICIATIVE, MAKE THINGS HAPPEN
>>
I'm getting stronger is this healthy
>>
>>40964982
Mark pls
>>
>>40965085
serious question

and my name isn't mark
>>
>>40965058
>>40965061
cleaning shit and piss is not the same as cleaning tables and serving food
>>
File: 20170404_235859.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170404_235859.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What are those?
I didn t have any fat gain,I never cut my self
what is causing that
>>
>>40965103
>cleaning shit and piss is not the same as cleaning tables and serving food
it's really easy. Sure, you get used to it but in one month you know as much as any other waiter.

Only exception is the good waiters that can memorize large orders without writing them down. Other than that, it's a really easy job, you just need basic motor coordination and not even a high school diploma
>>
I've been benching a set of 90 lb dumbbells that I got for free.

How do dumbbell benches compare to barbell? Seems like I could bench more with a barbell but I haven't been able to try since I am a pleb.
>>
>>40964972
that gyno I wonder how sensitive those are
>>
>>40965156
Its not gyno if its muscle
>>
>>40965107
Do have a cat
>>
>>40965069
no this is impossible
>>
>>40965102
10% is when you should consider bulking
>>
>>40965184
no
>>
>>40956360
Use the other one more for a while
>>
>>40964811
please this
>>
>>40959844
At the bottom is one handed hand stand push ups then one fingered push ups then one hand one fingered push ups then one hand one fingered pushups in a hand stand.
>>
>>40959844
no you idiot, hand stand pushup is a shoulder excersises, one handed pushup is a pec excersise.

please tell me the retarded reason you're not lifting in a normal gym and want to be le ebin special body weight snowflake so i can demolish it
>>
I'm about to start training for a long term bicycle tour. What are some good exercises to do that don't involve riding? I'm retarded and won't have a good bike until I leave, so I need to get in shape without riding. I'll probably use a stationary bike, but I wanted to know what other exercises would help me get in shape for my tour.
>>
is a 1 rep max of 3 pl8 on dead lift after ~6 months good progress?
>>
>>40965516
if you started out as a skeleton yes
if you started as an average skinnyfat then it's still pretty decent
>>
>>40965531
ok cool. Yea I started out as a slightly overweight skinny fat (185lb @ 6ft)
>>
>>40965516
How could anyone know if we don't know your starting point?
>>
>>40964811
pushing yourself a little is useless (from the point of view of gainz), you won't make any gains unless you're completely new. endorphins feel good though, so you should still push yourself
pushing yourself a lot is bad, because you'll be fucking exhausted "maybe i'll just skip training this one time", then you skip a whole week, etc.
>>
>>40965577
read the quads of starting points >>40965555
>>
How's this routine? don't just say good or bad tell me why please

burpees 2 x 15
pushups 2 sets until failure
decline pushups 2 sets until failure
plank 45s
side planks 30 s
curls 2 x 20
front curls 2 x 15
pull ups 1 set until failure
goblet squats 2 x 30
dips 2 sets until failure
rows 2 x 15
cycling 20 mins
>>
>>40965587
That doesn't say how much you were lifting. Just how much you weighed.
>>
>>40965578
but if i can increase my lifts i should absolutely do it ,r ight?

also, for muscle mantaining while on a cut, i should aim for higher volume rather than higher weight, right?
>>
>>40965617
is this bait
>>
>>40965617
it's bad because you're trying to make it yourself instead of doing a proven routine.

Like i could get into why your routine is shit, but why bother? you have no chance of making a routine as good as the ones made by combination of epic doctors and bodybuilders.

It speaks of your stupidity that you think that yours could even compete. Like, if you want a phone, do you try to build one yourself then ask around why its not as good as an iphone or just motherfucking buy one from the people who are experts on this?.

Why do you think you can make a better routine than professionals?
Seriously, the stupidity of inferiors never ceases to amaze me
>>
>>40965622
Oh,well completely nothing. I started following the 5x5 recommended weights so 95lb
>>
>>40965656
>Why do you think you can make a better routine than professionals?
I don't but I've been trying to find a routine I can do in my bedroom for days now, sorry if I came off snobby or something do you have a workout to recommend if I have just enough space to do a push up and only have a bike, dumbbells and a pull up bar?
>>
>>40965701
>routine I can do in my bedroom
go to a gym you faggot
i dont care about your shitty excuses, this is your first part of your training, if you cant go around shitty excuses you sure as hell cant stick to a routine thats worth a damn
no time?
be more efificient
no money?
get a job
no gyms near?
buy gym gear
no money to buy gym gear? see previous point

seriously, just go hard or go home, you're one excuse away from not being able to make it so better be careful buddy
>>
I am not seeing much decrease in weight despite eating well, exercising hard at least 1 hour every day and being under calorie deficit by 500-1000 calories a day.

I am fitting my clothes better and I can see more creases in my belly.

Am I still losing fat and when will I start to shed actual pounds? Maybe I am gaining muscle at the same rate?
>>
File: 1491395927426.jpg (2MB, 2060x1363px) Image search: [Google]
1491395927426.jpg
2MB, 2060x1363px
>>40962436
>Gonna post what I replied to an anon who has bulged disc and can hardly walk. He was basically asking QTDDTOT as a last resort before hoping someone would put him out of his misery. That is the context. If you have $35 and a grounded outlet you should be able to find relief like I'm sure he will.
>>40962436
> I appreciate you thinking of me it means a lot that someone cares. It still hurts but I am doing my core exercises and I do around 50 pull ups and chin ups. I just bought an inversion table today it is supposed to relieve pressure. I also scheduled another Epidural for this month. Thank you for thinking of me it means a lot.
>>
>>40957085
im experimenting with a lot of shit. but the best combos I have found out for now are like eggs+cucumber+cottage cheese(srsly lol), pepper, some onion.
>>
>>40965812
Are you bulged disc anon? I really hope you feel better. it's a shame this is an anonymous board because I'd love to hear from you that you're feeling better. Just know I'm pulling for you.
>>
>>40957085
tuna wraps: can of tuna + shredded lettuce + extra veggie + cheese + sprinkle of thyme // maybe replace cheese with a teaspoon of mayo
>>
>>40965778
>Maybe I am gaining muscle at the same rate?
no, muscle growth is very slow compared to fat loss it will never make a noticeable difference short term

read this:
http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/

but botomm line is that if you havent lost weight in a month youre doing something wrong in your cut, that is 100% objective undeniable truth forever confirmed to be the only correct version, no opinions allowed even the slightest hint of disagreeing with this makes you a retard forever and ever evermore
>>
>>40955766
OK SO, I play waterpolo but don't workout outside of the training/conditioning that that entails. and sometimes when we're doing hardcore leg workouts, like treading long times with weights, my legs obviously get sore, but it also feels like they're... swollen? Like my muscles feel very tight and want to expand, but can't. Is this normal? Do you guys get this outside of the water? The 3 guys that i brought this up to have no idea what I'm talking about.
>>
>>40965929
just lift if you want to get swole, dont do faggot sports like faggotpolo, a serious brotip
>>
>>40955766
I've been using my mate's gym card for nearly the past year that I've been going to the gym cos it's cheaper to pay him (he paid for a year but let me pay him for the card) than to pay myself.

However this subscription is running out and he's not in the city anymore. What epic excuse can I use to not seem shady as fuck when they have an account for me which hasn't been paid for the whole time?
>>
>>40965578
so on a cut are you just supposed to keep lifting the same weight for weeks straight?
>>
File: 1491094437823.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491094437823.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>40955766
>>>40965812
>Are you bulged disc anon? I really hope you feel better. it's a shame this is an anonymous board because I'd love to hear from you that you're feeling better. Just know I'm pulling for you.
I appreciate it alot, I don't try to complain about it too much. It was technically my fault for not knowing about my misaligned legs. I'm glad I have people pulling for me, I'm doing everything I can to get back to physical health. S.
>>
>>40965851
I'm also getting surgery to correct my legs so that's a positive in all the negative!
>>
What are the best exercises for picking up girls (literally) and walking around with them in your arms?
>>
>>40966086
there are several techniques, but youre gonna want to have a heavy deadlift and squat.
>>
>>40966109

Front squat would be better for the specific purpose, right?
>>
>>40966120
yeah, could be, how do you want to carry your girl?

also, most girls who are worth it are so light even a dyel could lift her.

If your girl weights more than 70kg dump her, dont do this to your self esteem
>>
>>40966173

just like to the left in pic related. Walking around with ease.
>>
is going from 22% bodyfat to 16% in the span of 3 months good progress? for reference im 6'4 182 lbs and started at 188 lbs
>>
File: connorr.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
connorr.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
>>40966205
>>40966173

forgot pic...
>>
Does body fat storage change over time? I know that where weight is stored genetic, but I was wondering if it shifts
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 214x161px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 214x161px
>>40966212
>6lb difference
>thinks he made a 6% change in bf
>>
>>40966229
No really, your metabolism just slows down as you get older, as well as testosterone production, and people don't change their eating habits to reflect that change. Therefore, people get fatter as they age.
>>
>>40966218
for that you need a strong back, carry furnitures all day if you can
>>
>>40966256

Aren't one's arms likely to give out first? Shouldn't you focus more (or at least a lot) on arms/biceps for this?
>>
>>40966301
no, biceps are just part of the grip, but the real work is being done by your back.

think about it, how many people do you know that can curl 70kgs?
>>
>>40966255
Thanks for the answer. Sorry is I wasn't specific enough, but I meant more along the lines of where the fat is stored. Ie, stomach versus legs
>>
>>40966331

yeah good point
>>
File: tmp_21827-9411595021007.jpg (111KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_21827-9411595021007.jpg
111KB, 728x546px
I suck shit at pullups, so am doing 3x5 weighted chinups now until I'm strong enough for pullups. I know pulls are more lat focused, but will a certain percentage added weight (relative to bodyweight) be a good time to switch over to pullups?
>>
>>40961408
Misread it sorry lol
>>
>>40967003
check your pullup technique

search the scooby video on it
>>
Got mugged last night lads. Never felt more emasculated in my life. Bunch of immigrant kids were following me down the road and their older brothers came at me with a pipe. Had no choice but to hand over my phone to them.
Think I'm gonna change my lifestyle to make sure I get fit (instead of just lifting and eating what I want) then pick up some form of self defence. Can anyone ITT help me chose?
>>
>>40967137
Why so the group can just woop your ass or stab you next time. Just give them your shit or carry a gun
>>
How much weight do I need to lift before I'm allowed to wear these in the gym??
>>
>>40967137
The best self defense is a good 400m run time
>>
do normies ever think about suicide?
is it abnormal to think about suicide ever day?
>>
is intermittent fasting worth it if I'm eating the same amount of calories? the articles all mention crazy things like insulin drops and metabolism increases that culminate in fat loss and muscle gain but it sounds brosciencey
>>
>>40967177

at least 1/2/3/4 in my opinion
>>
>>40967211
Yes
Yes
>>
File: t3_5ur8dc.jpg (388KB, 1227x1536px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5ur8dc.jpg
388KB, 1227x1536px
Is it okay to use some machines if I'm worried about fucking up my back? I've gotten some back pain doing free weights and I'm super worried about fucking it up doing squats and deadlifts. I've had back problems in the past.
>>
>>40966028
Ideally yes, but given that
>you will not make any gains
>you will lose strength no matter what (but you can minimize the amount of strength lost through careful diet planning)
your lifts will actually go down a little.

That being said: what I just said is NOT valid if you are a new lifter, because a big part of noob gains are CNS gains. You can make CNS gains on a cut just as well as on a bulk, as long as your cut isn't too extreme.
>>
>>40965625
Yes, see >>40967327
>>
What happened to /fitlit/?
>>
>>40967357
april's fool boards got 404'd two days ago
archived.moe has the threads if you want to look at them
>>
File: 1487128135384.jpg (34KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
1487128135384.jpg
34KB, 640x479px
what workouts can i do to escape wristlet mode? i'm getting more and more fit but i still have skinny wrists that make my arms look goofy
>>
I've had a headache for over a week after setting a new squat PR. Has anyone experienced similar after lifting heavy?
>>
>>40967137
get your 400m to under 1 min
get your 50m to 7 secs
get your 5k to under 20min for them long distance chases
>>
>>40967437
You cant change bone structure bro, only thing you can do is work forearms more and your skinny wrists will make your forearms look yoked
>>
If I want to gain strength fast do I really have to cut out my accesories? I do a full body program and I bench, deadlift, OHP, and squat in the same day and I also have accesory exercises for each body parts on the same day, I do this 3 times a week, I also like doing pull ups everyday after I get up would this be bad too?
>>
File: Dot hog.jpg (101KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dot hog.jpg
101KB, 1024x768px
I just started weight training, but I feel like my workout is lax compared to other workouts. I start with a 1 mile jog and then
>Leg press
>Leg extensions
>Leg curls
>Pec fly
>Lat pulldown
>Bicep curls
>Triceps pulldown
I do 15 reps of each in that order and go through that rotation twice. I do this 3 times a week. Is there anything else I should be doing?
>>
>>40967327
for a 173cm person, what are some realistic strenght standard achievable during a cut?

also, if i get my cns gains during my cut, does it mean i've "lost" an opporutnity to get size gainz during my bulk?
>>
>>40967750
>for a 173cm person, what are some realistic strenght standard achievable during a cut?
It all depends on your starting weight and bf%. Weight and bf%? Current lifts? How long have you been lifting?
A fatass will still have a fair amount of muscle to carry around all those pounds, and his lifts will go up in part because he has to move less body weight.
A skinnyfat will have little muscle, and since you can't build muscle on a deficit, he'll only be making CNS gains
A spoopy skeleton (who shouldn't be cutting in the first place) will have basically no muscle, and it'll be a more extreme version of a skinnyfat; however, his potential for progress is even more limited because of the lack of muscle.

>also, if i get my cns gains during my cut, does it mean i've "lost" an opporutnity to get size gainz during my bulk?
No, you can think of the two as unrelated. I don't know if there has been a study about it, but based on anecdotal evidence (myself plus a dozen people i know) size/strength gains aren't any easier if you're making CNS gains at the same time. Of yourse, your lifts will go up faster, but that's literally just because of CNS gains.
>>
>>40955819
Bump cmon answer folks
>>
>>40968484
It doesn't matter.
Low bar is generally preferred because it lets you squat a little heavier, which is good for competition and for gains, but if you squat the same high and low bar, then just pick the one you prefer.
>>
>>40967909
Thanks for all this anon. I'm not op but it gave me a little hope to finish this Last month or so of cutting. I'm tired of failing my lifts and redoing same weight. But I actually can see 4 abs now so suck my dick
>>
>>40968531
>not being able to see 4 abs AND to suck your dick
never gonna make it
>>
If I lift heavy Friday and Saturday morning and lift for hypertrophy Monday and Tuesday night, when's the best time to do a 24 hour fast?
>>
File: 4.png (71KB, 433x567px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
71KB, 433x567px
How much longer do i need to cut.
Should I have cheat days? Re-feeds?
Never done either.
I want to be lean so I can enjoy bulking for the first time. (slowly)
h-help.
>>
>>40968618
post pic
>>
Theres this guy at my gym that is bigger than me but we are almost at the same lifts why does this happen ? Can it be the kind of diet cause ive been cutting for a while btw we are both at natty levels
>>
>>40968618
>5'4
Holy shit that's almost dwarf tier
>>
>>40968597
Now I can just suck other peoples dick. Also is it harder to cut the lower I get in bf%. I'm starving all the time now. Cutting at same cals. It may be more active since the weather is warmer
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.