[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: /fit/ food hacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: HEPJan2015-1024x808.jpg (149KB, 1024x808px) Image search: [Google]
HEPJan2015-1024x808.jpg
149KB, 1024x808px
Post /fit/ food hacks you've acquired from family, friends, people, books, yourself, or the internet.

I got a couple.
1. Lay out all the ingredients for the recipe you're going to make in front of you. This makes cooking go a lot smoother.
2. Don't try to combine steps unless you're really confident with the recipe. It's easier to cut up all your veggies/meats/seasoning first before you begin cooking so you can just combine everything at the right time.
3. Cooking to me is a science. I TIME everything. I even time my steaks on the grill. Things just turn out so much better when I don't rely on eye balling and approximation.
4. A tablespoon of olive oil has 110 calories...using sparingly.
5. Always have a food waste bowl on the table. It can get overwhelming seeing a bunch of food everywhere.
6. Place veggies/eggs/pasta in cold water to stop cooking, leaving them at room temp could overcook the food.
>>
7. Always have a case of water bottles in your car.
>>
>>40955507
1+2 are keys in a professional kitchen. Proper prep before cooking.
even if you are just opening cans.
>>
8. Learn how to sharpen your knives. A perfectly sharp knife goes where you will it, and it will make you feel like a good cook.
>>
>>40955507
>I don't rely on eye balling and approximation.
If you're actually good cook with experience, you can eye ball your food and be just fine.

When I first started cooking in college, I used to follow recipes exactly, and my food came out decently enough. Once I got more experience, and learned how spices work and just the general science of cooking, I was able to eye ball spices and guesstimate cook times and my meals came out tastier.
>>
>>40955507
Frozen vegetables are cheaper, last a long time, and have the same nutritional value as fresh vegetables. Some can even be prepared just by microwaving for several minutes.
>>
What are some staple vegetables i could add to my diet and make them the food stuff I eat the most during the day?
>>
>>40958875
I go green and orange, broccoli, carrot, sweet potato, aspargus, spinach, kale.

If you don't like any of these I didn't either. I was a picky child and has a mother that was too kind for her own (and my own) good. The key is to eat it in small amounts mixed with other foods and gradually increase the quantity of veggies with each mouthful until you can eat it without masking the flavour at all. Took me a while but now i love veggies.
>>
>>40958875
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmmPSBRu6wg
>>
>>40959294
i also add spinach, carrots, and garlic to this. can substitute apple for pear.
>>
>>40957954
Frozen peas in summer is always part of my post workout meal. So goddamn refreshing and delicious
>>
>>40955600
Only if you live somewhere cold. Unless you want all that sweet sweet music plastic to seep into your water.
>>
>>40959341
Sweet sweet plastic, not music plastic. Fucking phone.
>>
>>40957954
>Microwaving veggies

Nigga do you want nutrients?
>>
>>40957954
Also you can't tell the difference in blind tests.
>>
>>40959341
>sweet sweet music plastic
>as opposed to the artistic plastic
>>
>>40959362
I just want the fiber desu senpai
>>
>>40955507
1 frozen veggies are good
2 freezing your own fruit for smoothies is amazing
3 stew meat is best way to cook it. It goes great along rice/pasta
4 buy good bread and crackers
5 canned tomato sauce is key
6 basically onions, tomato, garlic and olive oil never fails you
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.