[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformation / full commitment thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: BreakupsMakeBodybuilders.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
BreakupsMakeBodybuilders.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
>be me
>Decide to get fit about two months ago
>slow start, but I'm learning more about how to not be amerifat
>not really committing all the way
>always trying new shit to see what works and what doesn't for me.
>GF of two years dumps me over the phone and cuts off all communication.

I want to make that bitch wish she had me back. I want to get to the point that no matter who she meets, I will look better than him.

I'm ready to commit 100% bois. I'm not looking to get jacked fast, but really change my lifestyle.

Anyone else have a similar experience who can give me some advice?
>>
Do a SS, PHUL or PPL routine something that increases strength. If your fat I recommend keto and intermittent fasting. Pick up a few books on nutrition. Learn good form on squat, deadlift and Bench (these gonna be the main 3). Stick to a routine don't jump the shark everytime. And don't just be a curlbro.

I started going to the gym after a break up but it didn't fix anything and I quit after 9 months I only started lifting again last June.

That's my fitness advice for you. Don't trust Brosplits at all.

Anger is good motivation sure but it's not enough to keep you going to the gym and such. Make it a habit. Discipline over motivation.

Time will heal the wounds my ex is married now but I have a new gf and we are living together.

Sure I never got revenge really but after enough time it just goes away and you don't give a shit.

Took me almost 3 years to recover. You prob will have some shit relationships in between or some pump and dumps but don't let it bother you.

You had a gf before you'll get a new one.

Look out to yourself and bettering yourself first and foremost my dude.
>>
>>40956929
this is great advice tbqh
>>
File: 1439624569030.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1439624569030.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>40956929
>>
>>40956929
Best comment I've read here in a long time.

I'm at that stage where I've had shitty short relationships and random pump and dumps since my ex, and I'm disillusioned with dating and hopes of finding a normal girl.

I never lifted for women so I've never stopped. I lift for self respect and mental health.
>>
>>40955313
>tfw I can't seem to get a gf for the life of me
>tfw farly attractive (light skin, nice defined jaw, clean trimed eyebrows, shave every day, clean short hair cuts every week and farly tall (6'0 with shoes on)
>tfw dress nice (boot's, dress shoes & well fitted clothes)
>tfw smell nice (perfume, body spay & deodorant)
>tfw there's always 3 or 4 girl's everywhere I go that seem to like me and then lose intrest almost instantly
My problems lay deeper, it's extremely hard for me to bee myself and open myself up and I'm always irrationally scared of speaking up for myself, people eventually start treating me like shit and I turn into a miserable sack of meat, tiny act's of confidence feel like mile stone's giant and mountain's in my head, everyone else smirks and moves on, I've been told by almost every single teacher since the 4 grade to get therapy and I showed great improvement socially only a day later, I somehow gained the confidence to get drunk and have fun with a six other coworkers, I've been slowly lossing all of that confidence and now they seem very distant, the session are 140 dollar's for two hour's and It's 200 the next session, the sessions involves a bunch of stuff like vitamin ejections and food recommendations/diets, aka no transfats, sugar and stuff like that.
>>
File: image.png (402KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
402KB, 400x500px
>>40955313
A kind anon once told me not actively trying to be happy is cowardice, and I think you could apply that to your situation a bit OP. Lift to be happy, if making yourself better than your ex deserves helps accomplish that why not go for it, but don't let it be your only reason.
>>
File: IMG_4475.jpg (37KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4475.jpg
37KB, 600x400px
>>40956929
You've earned this picture
>picrelated
>>
File: 1491172002047.gif (500KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491172002047.gif
500KB, 480x360px
>>40956929

Best advice I have seen in a long time.
>>
Read sticky, read these

http://www.strongerbyscience.com/category/technique/bench/
http://www.strongerbyscience.com/category/technique/squat/
http://www.strongerbyscience.com/category/technique/deadlift/

learn the basics of nutrition somewhere, get an app to help you manage your eating habits, go to exrx.net and download Delavier's book, use them to come up with a list of isolated exercises and Youtube at least two or three instructional videos for each one of them so you'll learn the proper form etc

I say this because my only advice is: use this period of anger and frustration for research and planning. If you just go to the gym when you feel like "showing her" you'll stop going in like two months because you can't be angry forever. Two months is not enough to become a different person, but it's enough to learn the basics of many things that can change your life forever.

Remember, motivation like that is garbage. The trick of self-discipline and self-improvement is to do things like an automaton, thinking about your taxes and shopping list while you do it. Doing stuff because you're angry and you have that movie scene in your head where the main character meets adversity and goes through a training montage won't work once you realise things are a lot harder and a lot more boring than they look like. And if you become dependent on it, you'll eventually find a new girl, become overly satisfied and let yourself go again.
>>
>>40956929
10/10 post
>>
Read / Listen to Coach Corey Wayne

This bald ass nigga knows his shit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.