[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motivation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Pnx6EDC[1].jpg (137KB, 1170x923px) Image search: [Google]
Pnx6EDC[1].jpg
137KB, 1170x923px
Guys I'm fucking sick of myself I just can't do it any more.

I used to be on the right path a while ago. I lurked here for years. I went to the gym 4x a week. I lifted, I cardio'd, I dieted for months. I know what I need to do, I know nutrition I know form I know all that shit.

The one thing I lack is self motivation.

Right now I'm at my fattest. Which still isn't hamplanet or anything but it's not acceptable. I have tried to re-embark on this journey multiple times. Some times it's a day, sometimes it's a few weeks but I always give in and almost just forget all of my promises to myself to change.

I have literally written this shit down. daily caloric goals, weekly weightloss aims, macros all that shit. Just to ignore it a week later. I then forget about my health for a few months and every now and again I remember "oh yeah I was gonna lose weight" meanwhile I've gained another stone.

How do you find the motivation /fit/

How do you keep the motivation

It's like I've almost forgotten how to self motivate and no these motivational quotes and stallone videos and shit don't work on me no more.

How the fuck do you do it /fit/

He said we'd all make it brahs...

I'm here cause I missclicked and it's just reminded me yet again of my failures
>>
i enjoy lifting weights tbhfam
>>
>>40951794
I used to back when I was in the routine of it but now it's just not the same
>>
hey, take MDMA once

you're welcome
>>
>>40951810
once might have been a better idea
>>
become a norse pagan, devote your life to entering Valhalla. pray to Thor for gains.
>>
You don't need motivation. Motivation is the temporary ability to do something because you really want to. It disappears just as fast as it hits you. What you need is discipline. Discipline is the ability to do what you need to on the days that you don't want to. It's forcing yourself to put in the effort required to achieve what you only want on a deeper, more primitive level. It's very easy to become motivated, but motivation is fickle and often short lived. Discipline lives as long as you put effort towards it. This is a much more long winded way of me to say "Get off your ass and do what you're supposed to be doing, regardless of how much you don't feel like it."
>>
File: 1447014213459.jpg (61KB, 645x770px) Image search: [Google]
1447014213459.jpg
61KB, 645x770px
Shit, I feel you man. Getting your schedule back is hard af. Here is a few things that helped me.

Get a friend to join you. When you don't feel like going he'll pressure you and vise versa.

Drink a cup of coffee before going. Helps me a lot.

idk about this last one but just browsing /fit/ for like 30 min usually helps me get off my ass and hit the
gym

First two weeks are the hardest. Good luck to you senpai
>>
It's the music you listen to.

Seriously.
>>
File: hodgetwins.gif (1MB, 300x197px) Image search: [Google]
hodgetwins.gif
1MB, 300x197px
>>40951802
>I used to back when I was in the routine of it

The answer is to get back in the routine. You did it once. You can do it again.

Motivation comes in bursts Anon. You cannot rely on it. What you need is momentum. Do something right now. Pushups. Jumping jacks. Run around the block. Anything. Tomorrow you will do more. Maybe at home, maybe you go to the gym. But once you start you must not stop.

Momentum, Anon.
>>
File: feelza.jpg (134KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
feelza.jpg
134KB, 500x375px
>>40951917
>a cup of coffee before going

Word. This and a gymbuddy are the golden combo.

I miss having a gymbuddy, dudes. Crushing PR's is so much more fun with a friend.
>>
>>40951965
/fit/ should restart the global gymbuddy threads.
>>
>>40951943
I think you've got a good point there because everything always goes tits up that one time you make an excuse for yourself. That applies to everything but shit I'm fucking it up on all pillars of life right now so this might explain it.

I haven't even tried to go back to the gym since Jan - I need to just do it like Shia said

>>40951896
This is also good advice I just always give in to my temptations be it cigarettes drugs alcohol food whatever

Thanks bros
>>
>>40951779
I'm in the exact same situation. Used to be fairly fit a few years back, but have gradually stopped working out and gotten fat.
I came to /fit/ after discovering some old pictures I took of myself. They're strange to look at, because I look so incredibly different from how I perceived myself back then.
>>
File: yourspiritguide.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yourspiritguide.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>>40951989
> I'm fucking it up on all pillars of life right now

Well, I don't know exactly what you're dealing with but I was in a similar place once. My advice is to think of the biggest "chunk" of working out that you can definitely do today. It must be small enough that you won't pussy out and big enough to make you feel like you did something (and not get bored). You say you've fallen off the wagon, so three sets of jumping jacks to fail might work.

Tomorrow you do the same thing. You think up the biggest chunk that you can definitely do, then do it. Those chunks are going to start getting bigger pretty quickly. In a week or two you'll probably be at the point where a real workout is on the table.

Remember - it's better to be consistently improving, than to overreach and stop. Momentum is the name of the game. You're building speed, not stopping and starting.

You are going to make it Anon. You get moving and you don't stop, and you will make it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.