[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

am i gonna make it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled-2.png (70KB, 277x278px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
70KB, 277x278px
hey /fit/

>be me, 19 y/o
>been overweight and depressed since yr 8/9 (age 14/15)
>always hated my body weight
>never had the motivation to lose weight, always thought i was big boned (lul)
>be me 18 y/o
>start getting into fashion, realise nothing fits me properly / fits awkwardly
>just dress to whatever i can fit into but works
>try to watch weight but not eating as much, somewhat works
>be me again, 1 yr later sick of it
>start exercising, motivated to lose the weight
>started off by doing push-ups / sit-ups 3 times a day. (morning - lunch - before bed)
>started off with 5 reps of each, due to weak body strength, now i'm up to 25
>walking my dog every day (poor dog was also fat due to me :()
>notice a big change in how i feel, no longer feel slugging and like death each day.
>down a pant size as of last week, feelsgoodman
>starting to run with dog towards end of his walk, start running at night to avoid public humilation
>feeling super good about myself, looking forward to each day to go running again.
>going to start tracking calories and making sure im at a deficit each day

am i gonna make it, does anyone have tips for sticking to this and not losing motivation? + a good way to watch and track your calorie intake
>>
Probably not but dont let it put you down!!
>>
>>40949692

:( i don't plan on stopping any time soon but is there a reason you don't think i'll make it?
>>
Pls keep this blog updated tyvm
>>
You're gonna make it if you keep it up. Especially if you read the sticky and apply it.

Make sure you never stop! Like if your dog dies, don't go all sad and stop running because of it.
>>
>>40949635
It's not about not losing motivation but about gaining discipline.
>>
>>40949925

can't tell if sarcasm or not but thank you for the comment :)

>>40949927

I've just taken a look and set-up a spreadsheet with some basic info with my current BMR / TDEE and such and i'm going to start making sure i'm the 500 under my TDEE and such.

The subject of my dog is actually super relevant, he's getting old (8 this year) and i can tell that on our walks / runs he starts to struggle towards the end, but maybe thats just because he's still a little pudgy, but he's definitely looking thinner than before!

>>40949960

I'm trying to get into a habit of running and such and making sure i stick to my push ups and such. Thanks for the comment :)
>>
>>40950084
It was sarcasm. Making your own thread for this means that you might not make it. I'd be happy if you proved me wrong though. Keep it up.
>>
>>40950212
really i actually wanted to be kept updated on fit stories.

>>40949635
You're only going to make it if you lift for the motherland and your people.
>>
>>40949635
You're gonna make it bro. Just keep up the good work. Good luck!
>>
>>40949635
Start lifting brah your gonna make it
>>
File: Deadlift_315_converted.webm (920KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Deadlift_315_converted.webm
920KB, 1280x720px
OP, greatness is in your genes. You just have to stop letting that bitch nigga you call your "self" and others from holding it back. There's a fucking VEGETA in us all.

>when they say you can't do the weight
>>
>>40949635
>>notice a big change in how i feel, no longer feel slugging and like death each day.

This is because you when you use your muscles near to exhaustion, they tell your circulatory system to bulk 'em up with chemical energy. Im not even kidding, your muscles are like,"hey we're fucking empty in here, get us some fuel" and your blood's like "OK MATE" and the next thing (tomorrow) you know, everything seems easier to lift, less heavy -- because you literally hvae more energy stored in your muscles.

Of course you gotta keep using that energy, otherwise your body's just gonna be like, "eh, why bother filling it up, he never uses it anyway".
>>
>>40950212

Lets hope i prove you wrong!

>>40950263

Thanks for the inspiration my man

>>40950350

Thanks for the kind words

>>40950359

I'm not sure how I would even start getting into this, I feel enough shame about my body when I run so i run at night, i feel like i'd die of anxiety walking into a gym.

>>40950404
>>40950437

Thanks my dudes for the kind words
>>
>>40950470
If going to the gym is so scary then get a home gym off of Craigslist for cheap, or shell out the 500$ or so for a new rack, bench and weights.
The gym is great though, you don't need to worry about judgement. If people see you in there struggling and busting ass they'll only respect it, and there's a pretty good chance you'll find people there who will help you with your form.
There's nothing that warms a gymbros cold dead heart more than seeing a fatty get their shit together.
>>
>>40949635

>am i going to make it?
>19

lol. you're fine.

Come back when you're 30, like me....
>>
>>40950404
>all that for a 3 pl8 dl
Why are black people so fucking stupid
>>
the only way to make it is by leaving humanity behind COME ON
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.