[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have experiences with intermittent fasting? Does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 123.png (785KB, 675x559px) Image search: [Google]
123.png
785KB, 675x559px
Does anyone have experiences with intermittent fasting? Does it make sense even if I just do it for a couple of days a month or do I have to do it all the same to get a decent effect out of it?
>>
Once or twice a month 16 hour fast should give you all the benefits of fasting. No reason to do it more often
>>
>>40949045
>skipping two breakfasts a month should give you all the benefits of fasting

"no"

basically, the more the better. if you're already pretty lean then you don't need to do much though.
>>
>>40949052

That sounds reasonable. I'm just wondering whether it's worth the effort at all if I'm just doing it between 2 and 6 days a month or if it's useless if you don't do it all the time.
>>
>>40949100
it's better than nothing. also it depends on how long you'd fast for. 2-6 24 hour fasts every month would work very well.
>>
>>40947661
How to make Dhalsim-mode?
>>
>>40949124
>it's better than nothing. also it depends on how long you'd fast for. 2-6 24 hour fasts every month would work very well.

Well. I've never tried this before, so I guess I'll try 16 hours for a start, eating beween 11am and 7 pm.
>>
>>40949266
that's sensible. good luck.
>>
>>40949266
>Well. I've never tried this before, so I guess I'll try 16 hours for a start, eating beween 11am and 7 pm.

Is it better to fit three meals and possibly snacks into the 8.hour windows or should you rather have two big meals?
>>
>>40949375
seeing as you're incorporating a 16 hour fast, i'd say it doesn't really matter how frequently you eat in the eating window. i would start with two big meals (and no snacks) and adjust if you dislike that.
>>
>>40949402

Well my goal is to lose some body fat and just see if I feel better overall. I don't want to lose weight in general, so I wouldn't necessarily reduce my calory intake. Wouldn't that mean that my meals would have to be huge if I only have two? And wouldn't I feel stuffed all the time during the 8 hour window even if I have three meals?
>>
>>40947661
You can do it once a week. Once every 2 weeks. The more you do it though the better.

The main concern is compliance, you want to have a plan you can stick to.
>>
>>40949508
No, just eat until satiated. Your body will adapt. You might be hungry later in the day but don't eat again until your break-fast comes back around. Your body will adapt. The first couple days are the toughest. Once you're acclimated its fucking easy though.
>>
>>40949508
depends on your diet i think. i find it quite easy to eat 1000-1500 calories in one meal if it's LCHF.
>>
>>40947661
IF veteran here, do it daily. The biggest advantage is how you time your days to start with lunch, and dont eat shit for breakfast or snacks in the evening. additional advantage is that during your 8 hour eating window youre literally stuffing food down even though you arent that hungry and feel very satisfied with 2k calories a day
>>
I fucking hate Dhalsim shitters.
>>
>>40949670
So what are the benefits to IF? Faster weight lose if you're working out 3-4x a week?
>>
Intermittent fasting seems like the polyphasic sleep of dieting.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.