[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cardio resolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: elevation-training-mask-2-0.jpg (409KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
elevation-training-mask-2-0.jpg
409KB, 960x1280px
Whats the point in cardio if you can wear this while weight training and during the day to make ur cardio improve passively? Before the haters come in, the science is there. Fight it with some logic will ya?
>>
>>40935190
V02 max is VERY different than what those masks do to you. V02 Max is the efficiency with which a running can use large amounts of oxygen to oxygenate their blood and muscles during sustain high output effort.

Literally all those meme masks do is depriving your brain and muscle of oxygen. They do not make your V02 Max go up, if anything they just make you weaker and dumber.
>>
>>40935190
Tell me about retard. Why does he wear the mask?
>>
The following is a list of Olympic medalists from endurance sports that train with this mask:
>>
>>40935223
what is v zero two max?
and by depriving you of oxygen, the masks will make your body adjust to low-oxygen and as such it will absorb oxygen more effectively.
>>
>>40936403

To stimulate your capacity to take in oxygen, you need to be able to take in progressively deeper breaths throughout training. The max limits the amount of air you can physically breathe in. In essence, it mimics doing a sprint or big lift while taking a small breath rather than a big one. This doesn't increase anaerobic capacity, it just lowers your blood oxygen levels for no reason.
>>
>Before the haters come in, the science is there.
I don't see any science here.
>>
>>40936403
V02 Max has to do with the rate at which your body makes use of oxygen during respiration. V = volume, O2 = oxygen
The highest recorded V02 Max was on a Finnish (?) cross-country skier. Olympic marathon runners and other distance athletes fill out the rest of the top ten chart
>broscience above combined with half-forgotten science from a running book
>>
>>40936558
O =/= 0
>>
>>40936582
You right
From Wikipedia
>VO2 max (also maximal oxygen consumption, maximal oxygen uptake, peak oxygen uptake or maximal aerobic capacity) is the maximum rate of oxygen consumption as measured during incremental exercise, most typically on a motorized treadmill.[1][2] Maximal oxygen consumption reflects the aerobic physical fitness of the individual, and is an important determinant of their endurance capacity during prolonged, sub-maximal exercise. The name is derived from V - volume, O2 - oxygen, max - maximum.
>>
>>40936403
Everyone is wrong, they don't deprive you of oxygen at all. It doesn't change the air composition or anything.

I want to get a cheap portable oxygen concentrator to mess about with altitude training. That said, altitude training has very specific effects, it helps if you're going to do shit at altitude or if you want anaerobic muscle fibres (I believe that's the understanding of why it gives you bigger muscles).
>>
>>40936650
>It doesn't change the air composition or anything.
The composition of air isn't changed at high altitude either. It's still 21 % oxygen. There is just less air, which in turn leads to you getting less oxygen. So your body has to react by absorbing the oxygen more efficiently.
>>
>>40935190
I live in Breckenridge Colorado. We're about 9k feet above sea level. These masks just make it harder to breathe, it does not simulate high altitude. I repeat.
>THESE MASKS DO NOT SIMULATE HIGH ALTITUDE
>>
>>40936682
Because the pressure changes the partial pressure of oxygen also changes. These are obviously not changing air pressure, so partial pressure is unchanged.
>>
>>40936870
>These are obviously not changing air pressure
It's not that obvious to me. You have to breathe harder to get in air. What does breathing in harder actually achieve? You are lowering the pressure inside the mask until the pressure difference is enough for the air to pass the resistance of whatever is inside the mask blocking the air. And air will stop flowing in when the pressure difference isn't big enough anymore. But that does not mean that there is no pressure difference.
So I believe it is safe to assume, that these masks actually DO lower the air pressure.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.