[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skellytier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: ayn rand .jpg (61KB, 360x600px) Image search: [Google]
ayn rand .jpg
61KB, 360x600px
I'm 5'9" and 120 pounds and I've been looking to get into the 130-140 zone by the summer so I at least can be skinnyfit.

So, I read through the sticky and I just have a few questions about dieting.

1. Nuts
I have an allergy to nuts. Are there any good quick on the go protein snacks you guys would recommend? I've been trying to fit eggs into my diet, especially at breakfast, and have been substituting bologna/proscioutto with turkey in my midday sandwiches.

2. Loss of appetite

How should I deal with this? Often times I'll get a good diet going, but there will come a point, especially when I try and eat lunch, that I just don't have an appetite and can't eat. Do you guys have any recommendations for getting around these?

3. Starting Strength

Is it a meme?
>>
Milk and fast food with starting strength senpai. You're a goddamn skelly and need all the calories you can get.
>>
>>40930210
Drinking pure milk often upsets my stomach (but for some reason cheese and yogurt don't). Can I get around this by just using cheese and yogurt or is milk really imperative? Does soymilk also work?
>>
Can't help you with the nuts thing but when it comes to eating more there are 3 rules I followed to bulk after being stuck at the same weight for years:

>Eat as much as you can as fast as you can at every meal
>Eat at least something every 2 hours
>If you can't finish your meal, wait at most 30 minutes before going back and finishing it

I followed those 3 rules and went from 175 to 205 pretty quickly.
>>
whole milk and cottage cheese have been game changers for me, went from 145 to 160 since January, squat gone up 60 pounds, bench up 40. I'm doing ICF 5x5 and it takes me around 2+ hours to do the whole thing, I squat at the beginning of every workout but I also bench and curl every workout but I'm still a little bottom heavy

As far as eating think of it just like going to the gym, some days you don't want to do it but you must do it, it requires the same discipline to make yourself eat enough when you don't want to.
>>
>>40930324
That usually should help. I can try and snag in a snack every two hours which should be easy and I normally get hungry in the mornings and in the evenings, when i can pour in as much food as possible to accumulate for any shortcomings during the rest of the day.

>>40930456
Is it fine if I drink whole milk with other things like tea or coffee?
>>
>>40930474
I drink a half a gallon a day, how much tea/coffee would that be and would you be interested in doing that? Wouldn't hurt the milk but might not be practical.
>>
>>40930284
Lactose free milk
>>
>>40930188
1) Don't go hardcore, just alter your habits. Nuts are expensive, What you should do is buy protein powder, a lot of chicken breasts, rice and broccoli. Also buy tupperware containers. Stop buying processed meats, stop eating bread, stop drinking alcohol, soda and fruit juices. Too much sugar. If you can, drink only water and protein shakes.

2) Eat anyways, at least eat what you can. Yeah you might not be hungry, but gotta eat big to get big.

3) Yes and no. You will get bigger, but you might as well figure out a long term goal and stick to it

Deadlifts and squats are not a meme and some of the best muscle building excercises if you want to get bigger/weigh more. Break your workouts into four different days, Arms, Back, Chest and Legs. I would recommend mixing cardio into arms days but not until you hit your 130-140 goal.

>>40930284
Yogurt would be better than cheese because it will cultivate your gut flora, but don't overdo it with the dairy, everything in moderation. I like soymilk for the taste but barely ever drink it.

>>40930474
Veggies are good snacks, or chicken cut into cubes. No processed shit, you need real food with lots of nutrients to gain mass. Caffeine speeds up your metabolism and also acts as an appetite suppressant. Now and again is fine but for your specific case, not every day. Tea is generally good, black teas contain caffeine and drinking warm liquids is a more effective way of staying hydrated than cold liquids. As for milk, just do you man, drink as much as your normally do.
>>
>>40930652
Went from 236lbs to 153 to 184

Hope some part of my advice helps
>>
>>40930284
>Drinking pure milk often upsets my stomach (but for some reason cheese and yogurt don't). Can I get around this by just using cheese and yogurt or is milk really imperative? Does soymilk also work?

you lactose intolerant nigga
>>
>>40930652
best advice in the thread imo.

Protein shakes/ mass gainers are good for fitting in mid day if meal timing is tough, solid food is always better though. Ive gotten in the habit of smoking weed a little before bed because it gives me an appetite and helps me sleep. (If you smoke)

Starting strength is a really well established routine and easy enough to pick up, but frankly most bro-splits will do you just fine as long as you balance your bodyparts and give your bench/squat/deadlifts priority
>>
File: my routine.png (35KB, 700x875px) Image search: [Google]
my routine.png
35KB, 700x875px
>>40930188
Legumes? Green grams/dahls are excellent. So is nonfat yoghurt.

Make one of your meals a shake. Or make two of your meals shakes. As long as they're thinned out enough with water or milk or w.e, they're an extremely easy way of downing large amounts of calories.

Don't do SS, do SL with some extra assistance work and c25k if you care about cardio on the off days.

pic related is my routine.
>>
File: my routine.png (36KB, 587x958px) Image search: [Google]
my routine.png
36KB, 587x958px
>>40931986
fucked up the formatting, here's a clearer version
>>
File: 1480539453273.jpg (68KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1480539453273.jpg
68KB, 640x640px
>>40930284
are you me? hoe is it that cheese and yogurt dont hurt us?

Someone explain this shit
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.