[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smart Scales / Macro Tracking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 57580-oxo-good-grips6.jpg (16KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
57580-oxo-good-grips6.jpg
16KB, 350x350px
Thinking of launching a product. Need your feedback fit.

Would you buy a smart scale that detects what you're weighing and automatically logs it to Myfitnesspal on your phone?

Max you'd pay for it? Any must-have features?

Pretend you're someone who already uses MFP.
>>
>>40926391
I mean, pic related is ugly. But I can see people with too much money buying that. Even though I don't use myfitnesspal because its crap for keto.
>>
>>40926391
Em. If it`s the same price as a regular macro scare i would not see why not.
>>
>>40926406
It would definitely cost more because because it would connect and log everything to MFP automatically.

I'd like one because it's annoying to be punching things into MFP when I'm cooking and my hands are greasy. Sometimes I'm too tired to even be bothered to log.
>>
>>40926391
How the fuck would that even work?
>>
>>40926403
Why is it bad for keto?
>>
>>40926391
how would the metal scale top know the difference?
>>
File: IMG_0764.png (62KB, 533x895px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0764.png
62KB, 533x895px
How would it know what you are putting on it? This sounds like some pretty groundbreaking technology. Automatically updating MyFitnessPal is the easy part. The only way you're getting this working is if Google or something already has a service for this, or maybe you've already got it figured out and I'm just talking out of my ass.
>>
>>40926559
>>40926622
>>40926606

Have a barcode / QR scanner right there on the scale, plus I'd like to incorporate RFID tags.

So you associate an NFC/RFID tag with your 2% milky and then slap it on the bottom of the carton.

Put the carton on the scale, pour some out, put it back the scale calculates how much milk you just poured out and automatically logs it to your MFP app on the phone.

There is technology coming out to detect food by laser spectroalchemy but it's not on the market yet but it's also something that could be incorporated later.
>>
>>40926569
i don't know.
>>
if you could get it working with your spectrum analysis them it would be great.

Question - if you have the barcode - why need the scales?
>>
>>40927165
scratch that - just saw the previous post. not eating the whole pack / drinking the whole carton never even occurred to me. God damn no wonder I'm a fat fuck!
>>
File: Bruleforyourhealth.jpg (34KB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
Bruleforyourhealth.jpg
34KB, 320x218px
>>40926527
Log it before or after you cook ya dingus
>>
>>40927203
I like to improvise when cooking so I don't always know what how much of what I'll be using.

Either way, this is not a necessary item but people pay for convenience all the item.

I like my electric toothbrush.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.