[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Behind the neck press snap city?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Behind-the-Neck-Press-Arnold.jpg (78KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Behind-the-Neck-Press-Arnold.jpg
78KB, 620x349px
Behind the neck press snap city?
>>
>>40923790
You need to have really good shoulder mobility to do them safely (or so I'm told...) I sometimes do them with a snatch grip, and even then I don't let the bar descend fully each rep.
>>
They're a decent accessory to Olympic weightlifting. I do them every now and then to improve overhead strength and stability. Great to combine with snatch balance.
>>
>>40924809
shoulder mobility is necessary to do them properly, but it is never safe. you won't immediately blow your shoulders out, but years of impinging your shoulder and causing this grinding on your bursa will weaken it for sure. This makes you more prone to injury, and while you may be fine while you're weightlifting, it could be when you're an old man lifting something and boom, it fails. Of course, some people CAN actually snap their shit just from doing the exercise. There are better alternatives that let your shoulder move in a range of motion it was designed to. The BTN press will get you strong as fuck tho
>>
>>40924809
Why do you not go with full ROM?
>>
>>40924809
lower the bar to earlobe level and you'll be fine
>>
>>40925503

If you have shoulder impingment you'll feel it instantly. It's not something you gradually do over time.
>>
>>40923790
this excercise doesn't hurt my shoulders, but incline bench is raping my left one, what to do ?
>>
>>40925606

Stop doing incline bench.

Or see a physical therapist and diagnose your problem.
>>
>>40925569
sorry for the layman description, but im sure you understand what im saying. you are putting your shoulder into a position that sets it up for impingement down the road, and for some people, it can happen very quickly.
>>
>>40925630

I was under the impression that if there's no pain = no impingement? As long as you properly warm up your shoulders before doing the exercise there isn't any risk of impinging your shoulders, right?
>>
>>40925645
there is always a risk. listen, when you do BTN press, you are constantly grinding and shearing the bursa, which is basically the tissue seperating your shoulder clavicle from your humorous bone. your shoulder was never meant to move in that plane with a heavy weight. people like to shit on athlean x for clickbait, but his video on BTN explains it perfectly. BTN press for your shoulders is like what butt wink is for squats, or a rounded back for deadlifting. all of these cause shearing and grinding on sensitive areas
>>
>>40925728
Oh okay that makes sense.
>>
>>40925750
keep in mind tho, it is still an excellent mass builder, but you have to decide between results in the short term ,versus the ability to push your shoulders hard when you get older as well. people like to use klokov as the excuse for why they do them but you have to take into account these things:
>his genetics are god-tier
>he uses drugs that boost his bodies ability to recover well past the normal limit
>his career depends on him being extremely strong NOW, and athletes that dedicate their lives aren't going to be worried about their old age as much (think muhammad ali) so long as they give it their all in their prime
>olympic weightlifters still get injuries all the time, and people in strength related sports often have problems when theyre older
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.