[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys know any good basketball workout routines? Season

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: MNTworkout800.jpg (150KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MNTworkout800.jpg
150KB, 800x600px
Do you guys know any good basketball workout routines? Season is ending and I want to start practicing. I'm looking for an intensive conditioning routine for 2/3 months, something that has me busy on summer and also helps me with my handling and post moves.
I've tried looking on the internet, but the only things I can find are 30 minute exercices or questionable gym routines
>>
>>40920645
Nigger-ups 3xF
>>
unironically ss + gomad
>>
>professional athlete doing unweighted lunges

I hope that's like a warmup or came at the end of a tough leg day.
>>
>>40920772
He's Probably Jumping
>>
>>40920772
No anon, that's his whole routine. Just bodyweight lunges for time.
>>
>>40920645
Practice breaking into houses or whatever it is you people do
>>
>>40920645
Get some Jewtubes of good dribbling/ball-handling. Learn this shit. Every cross over you can find. All the between the legs and behind the back niggery you can imagine. Learn it. Do it. But make sure at no point you are palming, doubling, or travelling. Be stricter on yourself than the refs are ever going to be.

Mark a circle on a wall. Pass the ball into the circle in as many different ways you can think of. Behind back, bounce, left hand, no look etc. keep at it until 10/10 attempts each pass type. Then draw a smaller circle and repeat.

Mark a myriad of points on the court with a piece of tape or chalk. Take shots from every spot. Nothing but net, off the backboard, free throw, fade-away jumper. Hell, even off-hand shooting. And sky hook!

Free throws. All day. Get it down. Eyes closed. Wrong handed. On one foot. You want that 100% from the line.

Then for conditioning, you want to run. 6 lap run test once a week. Make yourself improve.

Do a day of 400m fartlek/windsprints.
Do a day of 800m work.
Most days though you want to do 100m work. Full sprint. And some footwork drills, lateral movement and backwards etc

Do starting strength. 3 months of ss will be fine. Be strict as fuck on form. Get someone to film you.

So you will be
>gym
Mon, wed, fri
>run
Tues, thurs, sat

Basketball skills every fucking day.
Head up. You need to be watching the players and not the ball.

If your off hand dribble is weak, be autiste and dribble a ball (offhand only) as you walk everywhere you go. The footpath won't be as perfect a surface as the gym floor, so you will have to git real gud.

Basketball is easy. It is ostensibly non-contact. And there is no goalie.
If you get your skills up to a high level you can go a long long way. If you are tall.
>>
Generally for sports, you want both general strength and something more specific to the movements you want to improve. You could either do the main strength lifts and then do specific stuff afterwards where you would do accessories, or split it up by days like PHAT or PHUL, replacing the hypertrophy with sport specific stuff. You don't need to find a whole routine online, just specific exercises that target something you want to improve and have a component you can overload easily and consistently by adding weight/reps or decreasing time.

IDK much about training for basketball specifically, but I imagine you want to train lower body power, jumping, and explosiveness. Besides the core strength compounds, consider including stuff like power cleans, squat jumps, broad jumps, box jumps etc along with agility and balance drills.

If you want upper body power stuff too try different medicine ball throws, push press, or just doing other upper body stuff explosively.

For conditioning do lots of sprints, and try out circuits with strength exercises and sprints/jumps/jumprope in between.

Generally, other then building general strength with the core compounds, you'll be better off the more basketball-specific your workout is, keeping in mind that regardless of the exercise you always want to be making progress somehow.
>>
Find a good gym and get a physical trainer that can help you make a sport specific program, if you want to have the best possible results. Also get out to the local courts and play pickup againsts the best players in your town
>>
>>40920772
i dunno but i do know curry trap bar deadlifts lol4plate
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.