[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pls help fit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

Hey Fit,

I'd like to get your help in assessing my needs. Although I know it's the interwebs and you guys can't accurately do that, I feel that your guess is better than mine.

Background: I'm 5'7, 21. I used to be 70kg and deadlift 140, squat 115, bench 85 and OHP 60. That was 6 months ago.

Recently I broke up with the girlfriend (of three years) 2 months ago. It's been hard: I didn't have friends outside the relationship; substance abuse; and a suicide attempt later, I'm here and I want to improve on myself again.

Right now I'm 65kg and a higher bodyfat. I cannot work out any lower body due to an injured lower back;- which will take another 2-3 months to fix.

What do you recommend I do;- bulk or cut? I don't like being skinner because my clothes don't fit as well, but at the same time if I bulk up again, I'll become even fatter (which I don't like).

I have attached a picture for your opinions. Excuse the background.

Thanks.

-Anon
>>
>>40915066
For further reference, I also attach another picture of myself. Excuse the cringeworthy caption and pose, that was me 6 months ago (albeit, I was happier with myself).

My current routine is:
5/3/1 for upper body (on 2 days a week I do bench press/OHP, other 2 days I do cardio and stretches). I don't think that's enough given my situation, may need to establish a different routine & a different diet.
>>
>>40915066
That sucks
I'm not a fit guru or anything but If I were you id stick to upper body and work in lower when it fixes. seems like you've got weight on you, id say cut, but dont starve yourself.
>>
>>40915381
Should I reduce calories or increase calories?

I'm in a very difficult situation at the moment, pls advise. Thx
>>
File: 1490590432847.jpg (63KB, 668x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490590432847.jpg
63KB, 668x720px
>>40915066
Try and maintain what you have. How badly fucked up is your back? If you cut, and don't work out, you will certainly lose strength and muscle. Unless you're on the roids. If you're back isn't too fucked up, perhaps you can do leg press? Just a suggestion. If you have any lagging upper body parts, now would be a good time to hit them hard as well. I suggest you try to maintain leg strength if possible (you can still work out calves right?) and eat at a very slight surplus.
>>
>>40915936
>you're
grammar error. your*
>>
>>40915936
Thanks. I've been losing weight because of depression and substance abuse, and I'm on a road to recovery now.

I would like somebody to suggest a different workout plan/generic template for me to undertake for upper body. I don't work any biceps or traps.

My lower back is very fucked up. I can't pick up shit to save my life (more than 20kg). It's been like this for around 10 months.
>>
File: 1490036465186.png (168KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
1490036465186.png
168KB, 511x511px
>>40915950
Here are a variety of exercises for biceps:
chin ups, preacher curls, concentration curls, dumbbell curls, hammer curls, barbell curls, cable curls. Choose whatever you like. I suggest starting off with 3x10 just to begin, then do more or less depending what works for you. Personally, I like 6x12 with short break times of less than 30 seconds.
Traps: Shrugs. Since your back is messed up, db rows and barbell rows are out of the question. Do a lot of them, and isometrically hold them for a greater duration of tension on the muscle. Whatever works best for you tho. Personally, when I do shrugs, I always try 6x15 with breaks of less than 30 seconds.
>>
>>40915066
First things first: get a gym membership and start lifting heavy weights
>>
>>40916013
At the moment, I'm going to the gym 4x a week. I can OHP 50x3, and Bench 75x10. I'm on a program as I mentioned previously.

The most frustrating thing is that I'm still going to the gym and I don't look like it. People ask me 'so how come you quit the gym?', which is very frustrating
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.