[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some people think strength = aesthetics is a meme? Isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1489536011287.jpg (2MB, 1250x2029px) Image search: [Google]
1489536011287.jpg
2MB, 1250x2029px
Why do some people think strength = aesthetics is a meme? Isn't it basic logic? The reason why I bring this up is because I made a post last night related to this subject, and many people were responding that I fell for the strength = aesthetics meme.

We know the main impetus to muscle growth is progressive overload (more volume over time). If I'm benching 135 for 5x5, I'll make some gains until I stall. I could bump it up to 5x10 for 135, and make more gains, but there comes a point where I'll be working out in the gym 3 hours a day to get in enough volume this way.

If I can increase my 1 RM to, say, 185, then 5x5 will get me more gains. Then rinse and repeat.
>>
File: 13.jpg (126KB, 570x767px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
126KB, 570x767px
sage

aesthetics is very objective - look like a greek god

strength can be to impress your grandma, or lift the heaviest weight a human has ever lifted.

And the latter do not look aesthetic.
>>
>>40914546

You're just repeating the same thing I'm shooting down without explaining why you're right and I'm wrong.
>>
File: 1490630542727.jpg (91KB, 734x729px) Image search: [Google]
1490630542727.jpg
91KB, 734x729px
>>40914564
>>
Because some people lift more yet look way worse than people who lift less, simply because the latter use isolation and other muscle building techniques.

I've got a friend who lifts around 50kg more than me in all the compounds, yet have way less muscle mass. 3cm less circumference around arms, small pecs, no abs, etc....
>>
> Isn't it basic logic?

no, it isn't retard

strength comes from your CNS. Hypertrophy requires a certain amount of tension for the muscle tissue to repair stronger. This makes your muscles bigger and makes you lift a tiny bit more, but the amount of force and strength your brain tells you to give your muscles is controlled by your CNS

They are not one and the same. If you train with low volume you will struggle and your CNS will adapt by giving you more strength. If you train with high time under tension your muscle fibers will tear and rebuild, bigger. Both are worked in both training routines, but one more so
>>
>>40914725

This

Someone post that candito pic
>>
So according to you guys you wont put on any size doing phraks greyskull. Even though /fit/ calls it the best muscle building fullbody beginner Routine?
>>
File: BBZXmRBCMAAoPfE.jpg (43KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
BBZXmRBCMAAoPfE.jpg
43KB, 600x400px
>>40914771
?
>>
>>40914725
>>40914771
>What are outliers?
For most people this sint true. Candito doesnt even look bad. He deosnt look like zyzz sure but you cant say he looks bad.
>>
>>40914767
where did you learn that? i learned in college that strength is determined by cross sectional area of the muscle. if you lift heavy you'll add more parallel sarcomeres AKA hypertrophy. strength isn't "given to the muscles by the CNS", it's a physical property of the muscle. you can create a maximal contraction by recruiting more muscle fibers with your nervous system but that's called working to failure and AFAIK it's pretty much required in every session in order to adapt and grow more sarcomeres
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.