[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

squat form!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: squatform.jpg (64KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
squatform.jpg
64KB, 612x612px
what's the best way to proper squat form? i'm really trying lol
>>
if you have the chance try a squat machine it will give you the form
>>
File: happy.jpg (129KB, 516x1548px) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
129KB, 516x1548px
>>40913114
what is a squat machine? do you mean the smith machine thing?
>>
Do zercher squats. Its almost impossible to mess up the form on those due to the weight placement. Plus they're comfy on your back.
>>
Squats are retarded and a waste of time.

Just do hill sprints, and/or run with a weighted vest (if it's not on a decline) and kick heavy bags.
>>
>>40912962
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5zrloYWwxw

is a good place to start

Basically:

>Situate the bar on your back either on top of your rear delts or on your traps
>Take a big breath into your belly and hold it
>Flex your abs
>Unrack the bar and take two steps back setting your feet just outside shoulder width
>Twist the floor apart with your feet and sit down
>Stand back up
>>
File: healthy.jpg (12KB, 338x338px) Image search: [Google]
healthy.jpg
12KB, 338x338px
>>40913226
>>Twist the floor apart with your feet
wtf am i? she-hulk? xD

but no this video is great. i'm watching it and taking notes lol

thanks! <3
>>
So my gf is trying to squat.
When she starts the movement about halfway down her ankles roll in. She said it doesn't hurt but it looks like it could lead to injury eventually.
The second thing is that her right knee kind of caves in on the upward part. She has to concentrate on the knee. Is it a mobility issue or just a mental thing?
The last is how do I get her to stop her knees going past her toes? Thanks
>>
>>40913354
Put a box or chair or something behind her and tell her to tap her butt on the surface before coming up to finish the rep.
Good squat form is basically just sitting in a chair without actually sitting
>>
>>40913354
her stance is not wide enough and she is not pushing her knees outward. I used to have the same problem.
>>
>>40913373
Ok. When we squat I usually go past that position till my ass is basically resting on my calves, she gets that low too. Will this help with the ankle and knee thing?
>>
>>40913378
With the wide stance would her toes point out like at a 30-45 degree angle? And have her knees follow the direction of her toes?
>>
>>40913492
that's a bit too wide, just make toes point naturally where they will essentially with a wider stance. NOT straight forward just a little off to the side. There is no one correct angle, she will need to figure out which angle gives her the most stability.
>>
File: anxiety.jpg (247KB, 450x563px) Image search: [Google]
anxiety.jpg
247KB, 450x563px
does it really matter if your knees go past your toes? i've heard it both ways; that it doesn't matter at all and that it's important,
>>
>>40913524
For highbar it's going to happen.

With lowbar it's apparently bad (I don't lowbar so I don't want to make a definitive statement)
>>
>>40913180
lololololokek
>>
>>40913319
>xD
><3

Ugh.
>>
>>40913114
Kys.

>>40912962
Look up form in Starting Strength. Then check out the tips in Deadlift Dynamite on squat form. I find goblet squats as a little warmup helps.

Don't worry about about knees going past toes or going below parallel. You probs ought to do both. Ideally as low as possible, you can also do box squats if you're real bad at getting out the hole.

Good cues are pulling the bar into your back and pushing up through that, pulling your ass up like something is pulling your tailbone, rotating your quads outwards (right leg clockwise, left anticlockwise).
>>
>>40912962
>vegan trap
do you have a feminine benis?
>>
>>40913319
>wtf am i? she-hulk? xD
certainly not considering you're neither hulk nor a woman

kys
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.