[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>discover that my bike seat is adjustable >raise seat height

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: bike-map-large.jpg (81KB, 860x529px) Image search: [Google]
bike-map-large.jpg
81KB, 860x529px
>discover that my bike seat is adjustable
>raise seat height
>cycling is suddenly piss easy

It's literally like I'm sitting in a recliner watching a cycling simulation. Is this the end of my leg/ass gains?
>>
Why don't you just lower your seat again, then...?
>>
>>40907555

Too autistic to intentionally make something harder than it has to be.
My bike seat has functionality, therefore it should be used to increase my efficiency.
>>
Pedal harder you stupid cunt.
>>
>>40907574

I already max out the highest gear.
>>
>>40907539
>>discover that my bike seat is adjustable
How did you not know this?
>>40907562
>therefore it should be used to increase my efficiency.
If your goal is leg/ass gains then you are clearly decreasing your efficiency
>>
>>40907581
You don't win at cycling just by selecting the highest gear and going forward.
Pedal harder. If you 'max out the highest gear' your stroke sucks and you're pedalling squares.
>>
>>40907664

>your stroke sucks and you're pedalling squares

Please rephrase this and/or further explain what you mean. I'm new to cycling and don't quite understand what you just said but think I might have experienced it.
>>
>>40907668
You lack the motor coordination to drive the pedal of the bicycle in a circular range of motion; thus you're emphasizing the pushing and pulling in the up and down-axis of the stroke. This leads in rocking of the hips in higher speeds and inability to further accelerate. Pretty much everyone that cycles exclusively for commuting or recreation does this, eg. normies.
What you need to do is practice your stroke. Drive with the ball of your foot and 'claw out' at the bottom. Do uphills at high gears deliberately and focus on the movement. Once you can do it slow, you'll be able to do it faster with time.
>>
>>40907765

Pretty sure if I drive with the ball of my foot then my toes will scrap the ground at the bottom desu
>>
>>40907951
The ball of your foot is the front, not the heel.
>>
>>40907765
I do this naturally. Feels good.

>>40907539
>discover that my bike seat is adjustable
Idiot. Check the handlebars.
>>
>>40907539
dude you are retarded, also adjust the handle bars, go pay 50 bucks and have someone measure that shit for your body and your riding will be way better
>>
>>40907668
Not him, but I'll chime in.

Most beginners' cadence (rev / min) is too low. Aim for 60-100/min. If you're a runner, that's per foot.

If you're pedalling fast AND are still maxing out, maybe it's time to discover that you can change gears, too?

In general, cycling is the most efficient mode of transport yet discovered, which means that from a training perspective, it's hard to make hard. Ride fast, ride uphill, go for a very long ride -- mix it up, that makes it more interesting as well. Also, you get to discover the area you live in, or at the very least, you get to see it from a new perspective.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.