[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High blood pressure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0370.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0370.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Anyone here have high blood pressure? Mines always been kind of high but never to the point it was an issue. I was getting mine checked this morning because we're about to go on a training op (im military) and all the corpsman started freaking out and called the medical officer to take a look at me because mine was like 150/80 or something, which I get is really high. I told him it was just because I worked out this morning and I dip sometimes. I hadn't even had any caffeine or tobacco at that point today though so it didn't explain why my blood pressure was high. I'm also not a very big drinker anymore.

The thing is I am in fantastic physical condition. I can run a marathon at the drop of a hat, I can hike, swim, row, etc long distances with no problem so I don't understand why my blood pressure is high or why it's such a big deal.

Any medfags can comment or anybody in a similar situation? I've already been cutting caffeine out of my diet (independent of the whole blood pressure thing) but now I guess I'll quit tobacco as well, although I don't think it will make a huge difference. Im 6ft 200lbs if that helps.
>>
you may just be pre disposed of. This is nothing to play with anon. Get it taken care of by a DR.
>>
>>40902149
Yeah I know it runs in my family but I don't get why it's a big deal. I have a healthy diet and exercise routine so what more can I be doing
>>
>>40902125
Lmao holy shit 150/80? I would probably shit myself if one of my marines came in and I got those vitals.

Do you have any family history of high blood pressure?
>>
>>40902125
Disregard >>40902219 , I didn't see that you already answered.

What did doc tell you about the whole situation?
>>
>>40902125
Drink more water and pop a baby aspirin? There could be all sorts of reasons for it, see a cardiologist m8.
>>
Dip
Caffeine
Stress
White coat blood pressure

Could be anything. One thing I learned was that once they took me back into the exam room, I would make them wait at least 10 minutes before they took mine (they usually try and jump straight to bp check) and I always make them take it manually (not on the machines)
>>
>>40902286
You're kind of a dick if you make your doc wait like that just because.

The only reason why I would wait to take vitals if one of the guys came in right after a pt session or just got done working out, and I would make them wait 15 minutes before taking vitals so they can be at a resting heart rate.

Manual bp cuff is the way to go tho
>>
>>40902242
They called in the MO and he asked me basically the same questions and they ended up still clearing me for training. They didn't use the manual pump bc they couldn't find it lol

Basically said to take it easy and quit dipping and caffeine. Gonna take their advice and see if it helps. I think they're gonna follow up on it.
>>
>>40902506
Those electronic machines aren't very accurate anon lmao, what's your bpm?
>>
>>40902537
Mine was in the mid 60s when they measured it.
>>
>>40902324
Doc never takes it. A nurse always does.
And the Dr never has to wait. They usually put you in a room and make you wait 10-15 minutes anyway before the Dr is free.

P.S. I can be a dick because I pay him aylot
>>
>>40903387
Yeah except we're talking about navy corpsmen aka "docs" which are probably the furthest thing from actual doctors
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.