[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy crap I just ran for the first time in a long time (done

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Holy crap I just ran for the first time in a long time (done some other cardio in between) and I feel fucking fantastic. How did I leave this out. I love lifting, but running especially with no music is so free, and feels so good.

Why don't you run, /fit/?
>>
rowing > running
>>
Shin splints.
>>
I have these things called "gains" which i plan on keeping
>>
>>40901950
The "cardio kills gains" meme takes another victim. Well, actually, heart disease will
>>
>>40901896
Motherfucking this. I jog 2 miles and my heart is perfectly fine, barely worked up a sweat, but my shins kill me.
>>
>>40901950
enjoy your blocked arteries and death at 60 fatty
>>
>>40903073
If you can make it 2 miles, it's not shin splints.
>>
>>40901837
It's boring af.
>>
5am starts an hour in the gym, then 2 mile run at ever dropping rate (currently 6:40min/mile), 1 mile walk to cool down before shower and head off to work at 7am.
>>
>>40903145
I just power through the pain. I start feeling them around 0.5 miles in. After 2 miles I can't even stand because of the pain.
>>
>>40903220
retard you're doing damage to your body. cut down on running and do some other cardio
>>
>>40903232
But I really like running. What can I do to prevent shin splints from happening.
>>
>>40903220
Sounds like that's a bad idea... Ever tried working your way up? Like run till it hurts then stop, and see if you can build up resistance? Idfk how shin splints work, so that might be retarded.
>>
>>40901896
I used to have them too but lifting regularly got rid of them entirely for some reason
>>
>>40903256
run less.i cut my running in half and feel way better now. instead ill do kbell swings or bike on cardio days. you will fuck your shit up from running too much. when your body hurts it doesnt mean power through the pain it means stop
>>
If the only thing I want to do is lose my chubby cheeks (I have a normal sized body), is cardio okay?
>>
>>40903220
Sorry I find it hard to believe it's shin splints. There's no powering through that for 2 miles, no fucking way. Even the fact that you make it .5 miles without it kicking it says it's something else. I have shin splints but only happens on treadmills. I can go about 10 steps at a jogging pace on one before my ankle completely seizes up.
>>
>>40903256
Your form is shitty. Watch videos on proper form and practice before you go all out
>>
>>40903256
are you fat
>>
>>40903615
cardio is just a meme
>>
>>40903073
you have to work into the speed, don't start running at a fast pace. Do slower runs, get comfortable and allow your body to adapt, and then get faster
>>
>>40901837
Welcome to the cardio side bro. I run and swim too so i just feed off of the endorphins.
>>
File: 1489362674741.jpg (31KB, 428x376px) Image search: [Google]
1489362674741.jpg
31KB, 428x376px
>>40901837
>In navy
>stationed in Japan
>running the hills and cozy mountain side cities and towns
>cardio+exploration=life is amazing

probably the best years of fitness in my life. Running released endorphins and the adventure of running randomly in any direction and always finding new restaurants, bars, stores,etc was so liberating
>>
>>40901837
I thought I loved running and I convinced myself that for a good 4 months then one day, seriously like it just all of a sudden happened one day, I got really sharp back pain. I woke up the day after a run and my back was just feeling fucked. I started experiencing that pain back in late November and I still have that pain, and I run half as much as I did back then. I don't know what the hell I did wrong but my back is fucked. The strange thing is it doesn't really hurt my when I'm actually running, I don't think it affects my running. But it's omnipresent in my daily life. Doesn't help that I'm 30 lbs overweight either..
>>
>>40905477
Same happened to me. What I realized was I needed a good 2 weeks of legit stretching, especially hamstrings and lower back. Not just stretching for a few minutes, but like dedicating to actually going further and further in flexability each session. After a good 2 weeks of legit "jean claude van damme" style stretching, shit was back to normal yo. give it a try
>>
>>40905514
What stretches do you do? Touch your toes and back rotations?
>>
File: 1468292619269.jpg (48KB, 466x601px) Image search: [Google]
1468292619269.jpg
48KB, 466x601px
>>40902609
>people actually believe the "cardio kills gains" meme
I don't think you guys understand the importance of not running specifically as an exercise. Rest days are extremely important
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.