[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to recover quickly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: reee.jpg (8KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
reee.jpg
8KB, 325x325px
I fucked up fit. I came home for the holidays and was so pumped to work out (the only decent gym at uni is £50/month). I got excited and went too heavy on my deadlifts yesterday and it fucked me up, I had to stop squatting today because of the pain. I want to make the most of my time at this gym, so how do I recover the fastest?
>>
Off yourself
>>
Roids
>>
>>40900252
Don't squat the day after heavy deadlifting you dumbbass.
>>
>>40900297
Sounds like you've got some internalised issues, anon.
>>
>>40900305
Why not? I've not had any problems doing that before, it's just that I tried to lift my old working weight before I was ready to
>>
>>40900252
Depends what the pain was.

Generic advice: couple of Ibuprofen can't hurt, along with ice as they'll reduce inflammation.

But figure out what it is first, and don't do anything stupid in the meantime.
>>
>>40900304
Would if I could afford them
>>
>>40900337
I've taken Ibuprofen and a hot shower, probably should have mentioned that.
It's like a twinge if I bend down too far in my very lower back
I couldn't even manage leg extensions
>>
>>40900337
Obviously back day is off the cards for a few days at least, just want to reduce my waiting time
If only I had enough in-gym currency to remove pain immediately
>>
>>40900355
Well, really if you want to make the most of gym time then you need to see a professional to figure out what it is. If you're lucky, it will right itself after a day or two of rest and icing. But you won't know for sure until you try lifting, and you'll obviously have to be cautious if you do, so unfortunately you will have to accept some lost gym time. But I suspect you already knew that.

So basically: Ice/rest,cautiously test back, go and see someone if you're desperate. I suspect it's a muscle strain but obviously there's no way I can actually know.
>>
>>40900252
While that would work, I don't want to die a skelly
>>
>>40900436
Thanks for the help anon :)
>>
>>40900252

There's no way to recover quickly.

You have to rest.

That's really all there is to say.
>>
>>40900252
Sounds like me doing ABS.

Did them monday still hurts like a bitch today.
Get your BROTEIN and drink shittons of water. Works for me... usually...
>>
>>40900476
No problem sir, best of luck. Most of us have been there, one way or another.
>>
>>40900483
The truth hurts
Been so long since I made some gains
>>40900516
Do you strain your ABS that often? This isn't soreness that I have
>>
>>40900318
K
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.