[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegetarianism, Fitness and Diet.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Became a vegetarian in my mid-teens and kept it up solid for about 9 years with the exception of a couple of slips (i.e. sweets with gelatine etc). I started because I just saw animals as harmless creatures going about their business. I also thought that our teeth indicated what our diet should consist of. Meat-eating animals have sharp teeth and herbivorous have square teeth like ours to grind up plants. I was also sold on the idea that having a vegetarian diet is more efficient because it leaves the digestive system sooner and it's easier to burn off calories and all that.
I've been doing various types of fitness for a year now, trying to get my fat ass into shape after the horror my body went through at college, sitting around writing essays, getting drunk, eating pasta, smoking my own body-weight in dope every day which was, as I mentioned, substantial at the time.
I took up Kenpo Karate a year ago and loved it, took it seriously and did kettle-bell workouts, weight circuits, cardio and isometric weight-lifting more recently. I tried to compensate for the lack of protein by eating fake chicken and drinking protein shakes which definitely works for me on the day, but the rest of the time, I'm walking around like an old man trying to recover before the next session. I couldn't take it and some animalistic voice told me that I needed something's flesh and I gave in. Since then, my training improved and my memory seems to be better as well.
So anyway, enough of the blog post let's get down to brass tacs. All hippy BS aside, are we supposed to eat meat? If so, how much? Does it affect our mind? Evidence? Thanks.
>>
Well, your ancestors discovered fire. They also discovered that cooking meat in fire made it taste better, AND it had better nutritional value. Allowing for more growth and development of the brain over time. Which is the reason people can now have thought, and make those choices.

>Teeth

We have canine teeth, made for shredding meat specifically. We are omnivores, built to eat everything. We are the apex predator of this planet, so eating other animals makes sense. We were so fucking intelligent that we bred animals to produce the best milk, meat, etc. Humans are amazing creatures, and it would be a waste to not take advantage of what our ancestors have given us. That alone is reason enough to eat meat. Let alone the fact that it tastes great. And of course your lifts are better now. You probably were miscalculating your macros and were protein deficient, hence feeling like an old man.
>>
Ignoring the shitty bait that is most of the OP, I'll answer the last question for anyone actually interested.

We don't technically "need" meat in that a meticulously developed nutrition plan can encompass everything needed. That being said, to come up with and sustain such a plan is often unreasonable for about 99% of the population that has to work for a living. Unless you're able to spend a lot of money to have enough food and have your intake monitored, as well as enough time to eat everything needed, a vegan diet is going to lead to nutritional deficiencies
>>
>>40897366
No one cares that youre vaginatarian. I can tell you why youre a vaginatarian. You just want attention. Heres your ( ( you ) ).
>>
>>40897366
>I took up Kenpo Karate a year ago and loved it, took it seriously and did kettle-bell workouts, weight circuits, cardio and isometric weight-lifting more recently. I tried to compensate for the lack of protein by eating fake chicken and drinking protein shakes which definitely works for me on the day, but the rest of the time, I'm walking around like an old man trying to recover before the next session. I couldn't take it and some animalistic voice told me that I needed something's flesh and I gave in. Since then, my training improved and my memory seems to be better as well.
The feeling of thinking better si probably because you had a really shitty diet before, now it's marginally better. Creatine could also be a reason, but lack of creatine doesn't make you dumb, it just makes you in effect more sensitive to it. Vegetarians are not on average dumber than meat eaters, but they do outperform them when supplementing creatine.

I've happily done every day training as a veggie, but I have a good diet with lots of protein and fruit and vegetables, not lots of pasta all the time. I also have the genetics for it. You seem to have had a sedentary life style, so you neither are prepared for physical culture, nor are you aware if you are capable of intense training. Never mind that you haven't been eating right.

That said most of your reasons for vegetarianism are bullshit so w/e.
>>
>>40897487
>That being said, to come up with and sustain such a plan is often unreasonable for about 99% of the population that has to work for a living. Unless you're able to spend a lot of money to have enough food and have your intake monitored, as well as enough time to eat everything needed, a vegan diet is going to lead to nutritional deficiencies
Eat plenty of fruit and veg and get your macros, you're fine. That said 99% of the developed world seem to be shit at eating/diet with no restrictions, so likely accurate.
>>
File: 05_humans_are_frugivores_750.jpg (155KB, 756x576px) Image search: [Google]
05_humans_are_frugivores_750.jpg
155KB, 756x576px
>>40897485
>>
>>40897619
>canines for defense
kek no
>>
>>40897619
Neato. Have fun with your gains goblin diet and denial of evolution, master b8r. Srsly good b8 tho
>>
I just take a multivitamin and an extra dose of D3, and melatonin
>>
>>40897619
that ugly chimp in your pic has no problem tearing into smaller monkeys 24/7 and basically your fucking stupid
>>
>>40897488
I'm no kike m8 and I'm no longer a vegetarian.
>>
>>40897366
Plant based>Vegetarianism>Omnivorous

Simple as that. ''b-but muh canines!'' The animal with the largest canines is the hippo.. there are deers with canines.. doesn't prove shit you degenerates..

There is no scientific proven data that eating meat caused our brains to grow either. Believe your broscience if you want, but that doesn't make it objectively correct.

You eat meat because of religion, culture, convenience and subjective taste. That's it. No studie so far has been able to prove that consuming animal based products has more benefits than it is in fact doing us much more harm.
>>
Humans eating meat is no different to carnivorous animals eating meat. Why is it cruel that we eat them but not cruel that other animals eat them? We just industrialised the hunt
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.