[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it acceptable to wear weightlifting shoes if I only squat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Is it acceptable to wear weightlifting shoes if I only squat 154lbs? Tried a few sessions with my friend's pair on and felt so fucking good and even fixed my knee pain.

Pic related what i'm thinking of copping

pls advise
>>
>acceptable
no, the Imperial Weightlifting Police will execute you on the spot for wearing them

Why do you give a shit? Wear what feels good.
>>
>>40894288
if they truly help you reach depth or avoid pain then go for it, i mean one would assume people go to the gym to train THEMSELVES, not to worry about being judged by others
>>
>>40894294
fpbp
>>
File: m21865-web2.jpg (100KB, 1000x532px) Image search: [Google]
m21865-web2.jpg
100KB, 1000x532px
>>40894288

It's not about the weight, weightlifting shoes give you super stability in you stance, and also allow you to squat lower easier due to the small heel.

Essential for any serious squatter, OLY lifter imo. But don't do the same mistake I did, buy nice or buy twice, I started out with Powerlifts 2.0 and a year later i got the Adipowers.

Get the Adipowers just from the get go
>>
>>40894308
Are they really that much better? Adipowers are like $130 more than Power Perfect 2s.
>>
unless theyre bright neon color or have flashing lights on them only a girl or a fag would even notice them anyway and prolly wouldnt even know that they are specifically weightlifting shoes
>>
>>40894328
I got em on sale for $130 you can find deals on em very often. And yes in the long run they're much better, the sole is stiff, unlike your power perfects. They'll stay solid untill they fall apart and the heel is a bit higher, which is a bit more beneficial
>>
>>40894288

I was the same as you man and wasted heaps of times lifting in flat soled shoes and as soon as I went to Romaleos my squat form improved heaps and bench as well a bit.

do it
>>
>>40894288
Do whatever makes your perform best anon
Only bench 135? Who cares if you use wrist wraps if it helps.
>>
>>40894578
theyll also last forever, unless you do sprints in them in which case plz send vid
>>
>>40894288
you can wear whatever you want but beware what you said about them fixing your knee pain. they didn't fix anything, and will only mask it while the source goes unchecked. if you keep that up you'll be in a world of hurt when it catches up to you. this has happened to me so don't let them become a crutch! they have to be something that enhances whats there, not makes up for something missing
>>
>>40894308
there is literally nothing wrong with PL2s. Im pretty sure dan green has squat WRs is them

jesse norris has done 700lb+ in a pair or VS athletics, another "cheap" wl shoe

do-win also make cheap/high quality wl shoes
>>
>>40894578
where did you buy them from i looked on amazon and its like 200$$$
>>
>>40894288
you're missing the point. shoes let you lift with better/correct mechanics and there's no weight where that is "unacceptable". people should ideally get shoes from day 1.
>>
>>40894578
You're mixing up PLs and PPs, and for most people there's nothing wrong with PLs either assuming they prefer that heel height.
>>
>>40894288
Nobody cares what you wear in the gym you bitch.
>>
If you actually do ss youll be doing 315 in like six months so who cares anyways. You may look like a noob for a little but people will respect your progress.
>>
They help some people, i got a pair of weight lifting shoes and decided i prefer flat sole shoes, like wresting shoes or chucks if your a fag.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.