[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you actually need rest days or is that just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Do you actually need rest days or is that just a meme?
>>
>>40892763
You can get something productive and lengthy done on a rest day so it's pretty nice.
Likewise you can play vidya all day and recover in comfort.
>>
>>40892763
it's a meme as far as /fit/ goes. At the minimum you should be doing cardio on your rest days. Really you should just lift everyday and do cardio.
>>
>>40892763
If someone told you to add 30 pounds to your max squat in 2 weeks or they'll kill you would you take rest days or train everyday?
>>
>>40893022
I'd bounce m8
They can't kill me if they can't find me
>>
>>40893030
They've implanted a trigger denoted explosive deep within your brain that works off satellite. Once pressed it will continue sending a signal until it reaches the implant.
>>
>>40893022
Thats different.

If they said:

>Add 40 to your dead, 30 to your squat, 20 to your bench and 10 to your OHP

Do you think training all of these every day would be effective?
>>
>>40893058
fugg
I guess I'd blast as much hormones and roids as I can and hope for the best in 2 weeks
probably gonna die anyway so might as well try to break the natty limiter
>>
>>40893073
Well depending which you do first will fatigue the next lift. Deadlifting or squatting first will effect each other. Benching or OHP first may cause a slight fatigue to one another. But if you do let's say PPLPPLPPLPPL and so one you should be good. Eventually I believe you may injure yourself but maybe not.
>>
Okay
Let's say a man comes up to you at the gym from behind during late night lift session and knocks you out
He puts a mask on you, binds you and drives you to a shack in an undisclosed location
You wake up bound to a chair next to a power cage with more than 800lbs of weights
The man emerges from the darkness in a mask so you can't see his face. He says "I've been observing you anon. I've seen your best lifts, every PR you've hit, and now it's time to push it farther. I'm giving you one chance. Only one. You have 4 weeks to add 50lbs to your dead, 40 to your squat, 30 to your bench, and 20 to your press. I will provide you with whatever nutrients you need + a single gallon of milk per day. You may use whatever routine you want. I have planted a device in your body that will detonate deep inside you under three conditions. 1: if I am killed, 2: if you leave this area, and 3: if you fail to meet the deadline. I also have 3 suitcases labeled A, B and C. In one suitcase is enough Tren to get through the month, and in the other two are a poison that slow your progress down by 10%. If you elect to choose a suitcase you must use the contents on the schedule provided."
The man leaves and now you are on your own. How do you make it through this ordeal?
>>
>>40893195
SS + GOMAD
>>
is overtraining a meme? no, so fuck off

sage
>>
>>40893195
wow
>>
>>40894486
My question is based on me not resting since last week. I've found that my performance has actually improved.
>>
>>40892763
It depends.
On your age/genetics, how accustomed you are to your training, how hard you're training, if you're eating and sleeping right.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.