[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you bench more without hurting your wrists?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: bench.jpg (28KB, 1188x1028px) Image search: [Google]
bench.jpg
28KB, 1188x1028px
How do you bench more without hurting your wrists?
>>
>>40892684
Wrist straps. But in your case probably proper form and deload. Keep training that weight till it's nothing to you.
>>
>>40892684
Hold the bar properly.
>>
>>40892684

Well, it's a good start to have somewhere to rack the bar. This man is clearly about to discover his mistake and get seriously injured.
>>
>>40892684
If you're doing barbell then switch to dumbbell.
If you're doing dumbbell then do barbell.
Switch the free weights to confuse the wrists, right babe?
>>
>>40892705
>wrist straps

I've only ever seen two types of people that wear these in the average gym.

Fuccbois doing lmao1plate or less while their spotter has their hands on the bar the entire time.

And the middle aged guy that does 3 reps of 225 a set and acts like that is at all impressive.
>>
File: Bench-press-form-5[1].jpg (43KB, 610x310px) Image search: [Google]
Bench-press-form-5[1].jpg
43KB, 610x310px
>>40892684
If your wrists hurt then you're holding the bar wrong. The bar should be directly above your wrist joint.

pic related: do right
>>
>>40892684
Learn to hold the bar correctly.
>>
>>40892740
This. Try and keep your wrists as vertical as possible and rest the bar on the balls of your thumbs.
>>
>>40892684
Same problem here. I feel like I make no progress (relative beginner) because my wrists always hurt when I benchpress and my muscles don't feel sore at all since I can't add weight due to my wrists.
>>
>>40894559
>rest the bar on the balls of your thumbs
That's a sure way of making keeping them straight pretty much impossible as the bar goes down.

The trick is to twist your hands so that they end up perfectly straight when the bar is at its lowest point. The bar should rest on the outmost side of your hands, not the inner.
>>
>>40892747
>benching 60kg
>seriouslu injured
DYEL spotted
>>
>>40892747

>not using your neck as a rack for neck gains
>not gonna make it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.