[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does vitamin d deficiency cause tendonitis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: vitamin-D.jpg (948KB, 3200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
vitamin-D.jpg
948KB, 3200x2400px
Hello fit, bit of a story but looking for help. Ive had what my doctor suspects to be tendonitis in my left elbow for 5 months. Im going insane not working out. whenever I do, my left forearm or brachioradiallus swells and i cant hold anything. Not due to pain but i just lose strength and lose rom in the arm. I've done weighted pullups for years and fear it was the cause of this. i only weigh 160 but would sometimes use a 45 pound plate.

I had some blood tests done because the ortho thought at my age (25) the amount of joint issues i had were uncommon. (cracking and achy wrists, tendonitis of my right knee, etc) The blood tests came back and i supposedly have a vitamind d level in my blood of 15 ng/ml. He said this is usually only seen in older women.

My question for you is if that could be the cause of this? Looking online it seems that a vitamin d deficiency would impede or prevent the absorbtion of calcium and would hinder the regeneration of muscles and tendons?

im really going insane guys. If anyone here has had tendonitis and can rec me any supplements or approaches to this i would be in your debt. Ive worked out for 10 years and basically have sat on my ass for close to half a year unable to do anything and am watching my body waste away.
>>
>>40892352
>dear anon
>It's me, body
>brain says you haven't been in the sun much
>must be done reproducing, females don't live in caves anymore and offspring play outside
>I'm going to kill us now
You have the sun in pill form and here you are still being retarded
>>
Yes, get more vitamin D. Actually learned a bit about the skeletal system today in MA class. You can take vitamins, eat foods high in vitamin D or....

>>40892633
Go outside.

Also look rheumatoid arthritis. My new fear.
>>
>>40892633
op here youre funny. i could probably get some more sun and will try, but i work and am a college student am usually only free at night. the thing is though even in people with low amounts of sun exposure i dont think readings this low are normal. could be wrong.

>>40892698
i got a blood test for that and it was supposedly negative, but things like that are rarely 100% accurate. it would make sense if it ended up being the cause. i have a rheumatologist apointment tuesday.

i was given a vitamin d2 pill to take twice a week, at a dose of 50,000 ui, but have been reading it can take months to balance out and d2 is somehow a shitty form of d3.
>>
>>40892851
Could be they just want to double check with a rheumatologist. Where did they test exactly? Like your marrow or arteries/veins? Are all your joints being affected by this? You said about your wrists and knee, what's the rest? Just interested.

Yea, it takes time for your body to work everything out. Ask your doctor if they'd recommend a nother vitamin or a multivitamin, they probably have some god tier prescription multivitamins.
>>
>>40893364
Firstly thanks for the response and sorry that I didnt notice this sooner.

They just took a blood test, i think they were looking for something in the blood associated with inflammation if i recall, something that would be present in high amounts if rheumatoid (sp?) arthritis was the issue. They said I had a slightly high amount but within normal parameters. They said if its early onset it might be detectable in time.

Right now my left and right wrists are cracking and aching constantly, my right knee has hurt for the last few years and an mri revealed "jumpers knee" which is a tendonitis of one of the knees tendons.

my shoulders click and pop during workouts but nothing painful as of yet. the elbow is only the left one, and that im getting an mri on soon to try and figure out the source of inflammation during activity.

If I have sex with my girlfriend and even grip her too hard during it my arm will be stiff and i will lose 5 or 10% rom bending it for 10 or 15 minutes after. I stopped workout out altogether when i noticed i couldnt extend my arm fully after pullup sets months back.
>>
>>40892352
I had an allergic reaction to rocephin in my teens and spent 2 weeks in an isolated ward because my white bloods cell count dropped to nil and all my skin peeled off. I was in a coma the entire time so it was a breeze for me though.

This was over a decade ago and my skin looks normal now but I am slightly more pale and have had 2 skin cancer scares since. I also produce very little vitamin D whether I get enough sun or not. I had joint problems and super duper depression when it was discovered.

Take 5000 iu of vitamin D3 in the morning and 100mg of magnesium glycinate before bed. Problem solved.
>>
>>40893507
ive been looking into the difference between d2 and d3 and am trying to figure out what to tell a doctor to covince them to switch my perscription to the latter. i want to heal asap and even using my thimbs to type this is difficult atm.

im glad to hear youve made what sounds to be a recovery anon. what i will say is having weird body issues has made me appreciate the smaller things in life more and think about my future.

i think i had heard magnesium is also recomended for tendonitis, what did they perscribe it to you for? did they explain the mechanism behind how it would help you?
>>
>>40893507
my mistake i initially read that as them perscribing you that list for your joints. was the coma medically induced or a result of shock?
>>
>>40893545
d3 is over the counter medication you dont need a presecription to buy it.
>>
Word of advice, if you've been very deficient in vitamin D for a long period of time and start taking supplements, your bones are going to hurt like a bitch anywhere from a few weeks to six months.

t. someone who's vitamin D number was 7
>>
>>40893585
Do you think I should just stop taking the d2 mega dose they gave me and switch to the d3? Ive been on the fence about it.

>>40893688
I was at 15 which was twice your level. There seems to be a lot of discrpency over what constitutes a seriously bad level. anything sub 10 is a big deal though.Do you have any medical problems other than that?
>>
I started taking 2500IU vitamin D (liquid drops) with every meal, 3 times a day for a total of 7500UI because of shin splints. My pain went away my joints stopped cracking. I'd use to have wrist pain after benching heavy but not anymore. This shit is like magic, even my lifts and endurance went up. Vitamin D also helps with the absorption of calcium and magnesium.

Get Vitamin D3 in liquid drops form and take no more than 10 000 IU a day. When your problems go away, take 5000 IU a day. Dont believe the recommended dosage of 1000 IU that's written everywhere. You need to consume between 10 000 and 40 000 IU a day for 3 months to notice toxicity.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.