[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 278
Thread images: 20

Old thread reached the limit.

Is pic related a good routine?

I can hit the gym 3 days/week tops, many times will be only 2 days/week, but usually I get at least 1h30-2h able to lift. So I want to make the best of it.
>>
File: Texas Method.png (11KB, 422x343px) Image search: [Google]
Texas Method.png
11KB, 422x343px
on the subject of routine check, any testimonies on the texas method?
>>
is there anything wrong with just doing a lot of accessory movements after you've completed your initial strength compound movement?
there are times where i can spend up to two hours in the gym, just doing a bunch of variations and accessories
but nearing the end, the weight i can lift is obviously much less than if i had a fuller tank

is this not sustainable in long run?

what if my goals are purely aesthetics
volume is most important, right?
>>
Im a scrub lifter starting on the Stronglifts 5x5 routine. Will i miss out on gains if i work on different muscles in between days of the routine? Or should i just rest?
>>
>>40891048
>is there anything wrong with just doing a lot of accessory movements after you've completed your initial strength compound movement?
Not at all. The one thing you don't want to, tho, is to *struggle* for reps when doing accessory lifts. Instead, focus on getting all reps done using manageable weights. One strategy good for that purpose is starting at 4x8, for example, and building weekly to 4x12, then adding 1-2kg and starting over again.

> volume is most important, right?
As beginner, the most important is strength. You won't get to look good before you get reasonable weights (intermediate lvl) on main compounds. But volume and frequency are always very important for hypertrophy nonetheless.
>>
Anons, I can't seem to do pushups or any type of heavy lifting. Every time I lift or anything above normal books, bags, etc, my left arm feels like it's gonna snap. The pain is around the bicep area. What could be the issue?
>>
>>40891033
have done it before, works well

monday workouts are hell tho, only time I don't look forward to the gym
>>
Is there any alternative to bb/db incline presses? I'm so shit at them and my form is so awkward. Can I just do chest flyes instead?
>>
>>40891005
good program
>>
I just cant get olympic lifts right, give me some tips for the power snatch and clean
>>
Best way to fix uneven pecs? I've been lifting for about 2 years and only now has this become an issue. Visually looks awkward with my shirt off
>>
>>40891005
13-17 sets of biceps every day and 11 sets of triceps could be fine for 2 days a week, but 3 times is going a bit far. 20 sets per muscle group per week is approximately the most you can recover from. You might be able to do more, but I would use that as a baseline. Biceps triceps and delts are a bit higher 23-25. Using this there is also way too little work for the pecs at 8-13 sets, and lats at 0-5, quads 0-5 and glutes 3-5. Too much of the program is spent on arm isolation. Replace most of the arm isolations with pushing and pulling movements.
>>
Work 5 days a week, lift for 3 and am lazy af. What are some quick and easy snack foods/ meals which can help me bulk
>>
Whats expected weight gain for a newbie doing SS on a bulk? Ive gained about 3kg in just over a month
>>
>>40891005
I'm gonna ask this one last time, Is there anyone here at all who got a malalignent duck feet tibial rotation fixed?
>>
Hey fit!

Doing a PPLPPLX routine, with 3 Power days, and 3 hypertrophy days. What is the optimal order to allow better recuperation and soreness (I mean between power and hypertrophy)
>>
>>40892235
Depends on what micro/macro/calories/budget you're looking for. PB is great. Fruits are great. Homemade protein bar are great. Depends if you need "raw" calories, just a filler snack, or some "balanced" snack.

>>40891583
You won't use the same muscles with flyes. Work on your form with lower weights. In the meantime if you want real volume for chest, you can indeed do flyes, or add a set of BP...

>>40892333
According to Scooby, this http://scoobysworkshop.com/expectations/
It's pure muscle though, you'll put on some fat, and prolly will gain some water and shit too.

>>40891318
Are you a time traveler Auschwitz prisoner?
>>
File: 1490814164125.jpg (176KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1490814164125.jpg
176KB, 1632x1224px
>>40892568
Bbjmpt
>>
How much chicken breast should I eat per day?
I'm 92kgs, 184cm, currently losing weight and just started going to the gym.
I'm currently doing TDEE -300 and it's been great so far. I've lost 30kgs already.
>>
>>40893025
What's the longest your weight can stay without varying provided you're doing things well on a 1kg per week cut.

I mean sure, you're suppose to be losing 1kg of fat per week, but still is it possible that 1 week passes and even tough you lost a kg of fat you just happen to have a kg more of water that day?
>>
>>40892568
nigga, protip, when your malformity has more than 2 words you have to see a doctor.

This is what you sound like:
HEY ANONS, QUICK, ANY EXPERIENCE WITH SEVERE TWISTING RETRO ANTERIOR LUMBAR DORSOSPINAL DISALIGNMENT SYNDROME
>>
I think I can power clean 2 plates. That was on a high power shrug so I think I could.

Problem is I have no idea how to power clean. Is it even worth it to learn proper form when I'm doing power shrugs at double the weight, or is 2 plates even good enough to learn the exercise for?
>>
>>40891583
I stopped doing incline bench and ohp in favor of landmine presses and one armed shoulder presses.

No idea if it will make my normal lifts go up but it definitely hits the same areas pretty hard.
>>
does anyone know about "HDx" and "HDr" barbells? the crunch gym i go to has these but I cant find anything about them on the internet.
>>
>>40891005

>3x8 for triceps
>8x6 for biceps

If one of those set/rep choices is optimal, why not use it for both exercises?
>>
>>40893140
idiot
>>
>>40893108
nvm i found it. They're from XF fitness
>>
>>40893148

pls explain
>>
>>40893053
I've seen fucking 4 doctors and they all say it's fine. But I'm in extreme pain. I know it's a malformation due to he fact I had a Mri done and it's shown its twisted but no one will do anything. I'm asking if anyone got it done. Fuck off
>>
>>40893210
hey dont get mad
>>
>>40891005
I never had much success doing upper and lower body on the same day. Lower took all my gains. Had to keep em' separated.
>>
>>40892756
I used to lift and do pushups, but I couldn't do either for the last few weeks.
>>
>>40893040
It's weird. I'd say one or two weeks, depending on if you log your weight daily or not. Depending on what you eat, how much you drink, the weight on the scale can vary quite a bit, even though your body is burning fat.
1Kg per week is a lot though, that's about a 1300 cals deficit per days, you might have damaged your metabolism, your body stops burning fats and work on a slower level...
>>
How big is too big for a woman? My shoulders and arms are getting way bigger lately and I'm worried about dipping out of the 'attractive' range.
>>
>>40893595
You will get a bunch of different answers do whatever you are most comfortable with
>>
Guys, I have a few questions.

I've read each muscle needs about 8-10 sets per workout, is this correct? I was always under the impression 3 or so is enough.

Also, which is better: 6 sets of 5, or 5 sets of 6, or example?
>>
Hi everyone.
How long does it generally take girls to see differences in their body from weight lifting? Like muscle definition?

How many months would you say?

Thanks
>>
>>40893798
Depends
Were you fat?
Were you skinny?
How much do you eat?
If you were skinny and try to bulk up the change is noticeable instantly.
If you were/are fat it all depends on your body fat and your current caloric intake.
>>
>>40893671
>h is better: 6 sets of 5, or 5 sets of 6, or example?
Incorrect.
Also 3 sets of 5 is optimal.
>>
>>40893819
I'm just average I guess
143 pounds and 5 foot 7
I eat around 2000 calories
I go gym 4-5 days a week

I've been training for a while, but only seriously training and eating well for almost 3 months now.

I can notice a little bit of change, but just wondering if I should be seeing more now or later.

Because if maybe if my progress is bad I should reconsider my routine and stuff
>>
>>40893671
Depends on intensity, goal and training level
>>
>>40893821
>>h is better: 6 sets of 5, or 5 sets of 6, or example?
>Incorrect.
So neither are correct? I just don't have heavy enough weights to feel tired after 5 reps.
>>
>>40893595

Tho it is subjective a good rule of thumb is if your arms and shoulders are bigger than 50% of the guys in the gym it's unattractive. There is no limit for legs and glutes tho. If you train upper body once a week and lower body all other days you should be fineee, given you're not taking Var
>>
I won't be able to go to the gym till early august.
What can I do to not lose this time?
I plan on doing couch to 5k, 50 pushups and learning chinups/pullups, maybe swimming if water in the lake gets warmer
>>
My weight hasn't gone down in a week but I just started my period. Should I wait until after it's over to see if I need fewer calories?
>>
>>40893873
>>40879468
>>
>>40893835
Eat 3k a day holy shit only 2000?
>>
>>40893894
wait why 3k a day?
>>
Hello, /fit/,
I have a 10kg dumbbell. Is it possible to make even some noob gains to my arms with that? If so, with what routine?

Thanks.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.jpg (147KB, 1149x647px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.jpg
147KB, 1149x647px
>>40891005
>>
Good 3 day a week hypertrophy focused routine?
>>
>>40893905
Simple answer?

You exercise a lot.
>>
>>40893911
That a shit load of stuff to do daily. You Juicing?
>>
>>40891165
Just rest, at a really heavy weight, just doing the compound is tiring enough. If you workout on rest days you're only accumulating fatigue
>>
>>40893931
I know you have to eat a caloric surplus to gain muscle but how do you work that out?

Last year I was eating much bigger portions and I gained a lot of weight, and since last year ive dropped about 5 kg
>>
How long should I be in the gym?

I'm doing strong lifts + assorted isolation and I usually wind up clocking in around 40 minutes, but I feel like I should be spending more time there.
>>
>>40893941
Are you fucking stupid? Eat more to gain more. You're eating less and losing weight. God.
>>
>>40893919

Push, Pull, Legs-abs

Work all rep ranges in your workouts. 3-5, 8-12, 15-20. Volume is key for hypertrophy, no you won't over train, use light weight beby for the volume.
>>
>>40893948
After about an hour your body stops producing testosterone so I aim for that.
>>
>>40894013
False.
>>
File: Sample Routine.png (14KB, 715x321px) Image search: [Google]
Sample Routine.png
14KB, 715x321px
Hows this for a routine? Any recommended adjustments or exercise replacements?
Have trained on and off for about 12 months and am currently eating a +200 cal surplus
>>
>>40894003
But isn't only working a muscle group once a week not recommended?
>>
rate routine

A1xB1xA2xxB2xA3xB3xx

A1 / A2 / A3
5x3 / 5x8 / 5x5 - Squat
5x8 / 5x5 / 5x3 - Press
5x5 / 5x3 / 5x8 - Deadlift

B1 / B2 / B3
5x8 / 5x5 / 5x3 - Front Squat
5x5 / 5x3 / 5x8 - Bench Press
5x3 / 5x8 / 5x5 - Row

5x3 = 80-85-90-80-80 %
5x5 = 70-75-80-70-70 %
5x8 = 60-65-70-60-60 %

Percentages like 531, i.e. based off Training Max, increase by 5-10lbs every cycle (2 weeks in this case).
Every workout also includes some chinups/pullups, Calf raises and abs/obliques
>>
>>40894033
PPL is done twice a week.
>>
>>40893941
Do you want to gain or lose fat?

Either eat less or eat more calories but make sure your protein intake is sufficient which is about 115grams/a day in your case.
>>
>>40894040
I want to gain muscle

I do eat around that protein intake

Do i need to eat more calories? how much

Sorry
>>
>>40894053
Post your routine.
>>
>>40894039
My issue is that i can only get in the gym 3 days a week due to UNI, work and other commitments
>>
>>40894037
Squat + deadlift In the same workout might suck. Why not put bench and row in A, and ohp and DL in B?
>>
>>40894063
i just train
chest/tris
legs
back/bis
shoulder
legs2
>>
>>40894064
You're gym likely opens at 6am and closes at 12. You can go more if you set your mind to it.
>>
>>40894033

If you use some sort of progression, and do enough Volume using all rep ranges you will be fine.

Alternative is full body training 3 times a week but it will be a lot harder to balance out imo
>>
>>40893911
I'm trying gain muscle 6ft 190lb this will work yes?
>>
>>40894072
Yep. Eat more calories.

Go for 3k and see if you've gained or lose weight. If the latter, just eat more and if the former, just eat less. Simple as that.
>>
>>40894095
I feel like im just going to get fat like i did earlier
but thank you for answer
>>
>>40894033
If you can/want to train 3 times per week, a fullbody is your best option.
something like this (for exercise selection) >>40894037
Every day 1 Squat, 1 Press and 1 Pull - preferably a Barbell Compound or a variation thereof. Or weighted chins/dips for pull/press.
If doing only that is too little or too boring, the next type of exercises to add would be Dumbbell variations and bodyweight stuff (though not weighted, just for many reps) - bulgarian split squat, dumbbell bench, dumbbell row, ...
And only if you have actual obvious imbalances, you can do some isolation exercises.

It's not so much Volume (setsxreps) that's most important for hypertrophy but *number of sets*.
3x10 (30 total reps) is inferior to 5x5 (25 total reps).
And "a set" in this case is with at most 1-3 reps left in the tank.
Higher rep ranges are good for hypertrophy because you can go close to failure more easily and safely.
>>
>>40893911
>core ery day
Is this good? I give my core rest days too.
>>
I have this ''fatburner'' called ''GRENADE'', said to help with weight loss for fatties. To be taken in at least some time before or after training. Is it worth filling to cup of water to drink the pill with? Also, it contains caffeine, something i'm trying to cut down since i have insomnia.

What i want to know it; does it really help? I'm a fatty that wants to lose weight. I also have orlistate or whatever it's called, but it seems to only block fat from being absorved, which isn't healthy at all.
>>
>>40894108
Assuming you're doing high volume, you won't gain as much fat.
>>
>>40894137
you got memed my friend. supplements like that are bullshit and do basically nothing.
eat less + move more is all you need (and can) do to lose fat.
>>
>>40894138
i cant lift super heavy because im weak
i try really hard but i dont want to go too heavy becuase then i wont be able to do many reps or proper form :/

anyway im just a failure and i will be a loser forever but thank you for answering
>>
>>40894037
>no OHP
>deads and squats on the same day
>squats every workout
this looks even more t-rex mode than SS
>>
>>40894131
>most important for hypertrophy but *number of sets*
>Higher rep ranges are good for hypertrophy
Is it not low reps but heavier weights? Lifting a weight you can do 10 sets of 10 with is surely inferior to a weight you can only do half as many reps with, or am I mistaken?
>>
>>40894164
I'm quoting a fucking wikipedia article but it isn't wrong.

Strength training typically produces a combination of the two different types of hypertrophy: contraction against 80 to 90% of the one-repetition maximum for 2–6 repetitions (reps) causes myofibrillated hypertrophy to dominate[citation needed] (as in powerlifters, Olympic lifters and strength athletes), whereas several repetitions (generally 8–12 for bodybuilding or 12 or more for muscular endurance) against a submaximal load facilitates mainly sarcoplasmic hypertrophy[citation needed] (professional bodybuilders and endurance athletes).[2]

Progressive overload is one method of training used in muscle hypertrophy. Early muscle growth has been studied and has some association with the implementation of a muscle resistance training program.[3]
>>
>>40894186
Sorry for being dumb, but can you actually gain by progressing the number of sets rather than the weight you're lifting then?
>>
>>40894225
workload = weight x reps x sets
you can increase any of the three to increase workload
>>
>>40894153
Press = OHP you fucking retard
>>
>>40894225
Yes, but it's a fucking hassle if you're try to add more workload by only increasing the number of sets/reps instead of weight.

>DB Press 10x15 at 25lbs
>>
>>40894244
>>40894265
Thanks guys. I don't have any weights bigger than what I'm using already so I'll add an extra rep and set each week.
>>
>>40894244
Sorry but thats not quite right

Volume = time x reps x sets x weight

The study that proved the 3x12 method did it at a speed of 45 seconds per set. Important point not to forget.
>>
>>40892679
bumping this
>>
>>40894144
Thank you, friend.
>>
>>40892679
What exercises were you going to do in each workout?
>>
I'm 21, was a super late bloomer, and my facial hair is only starting to fill out now

If I use finasteride, will my beard fill out quicker? I'm at that awkward stage where if I grow it out I'll look like that retard frog from PLG
>>
>>40892679
PPLxPPLx would be better if ur doing intensity/volume periodization
>>
>>40893937
yah lol
>>
>>40894605
>Push power
Barbell bench 3x5
Incline DB bench 3x6
OHP 3X5
Skullcrusher 3x6
Weighted dips 3x6

>Pull (p)
Bent over row 3x5
Lat pulldown 3x6
BB curl 3x6
Shrugs 3x12~16

>Leg (p)
Squat 3x5
DL 3x5
Leg press 3x10
Leg curl 3x6
Calf raise 3x10

>Push (hypertrophy)
Incline BB bench 4x12
DB flys 4x12
DB lateral raise; 4x12
Triceps pulldown (cable) 4x12
Push up elevated 4x12

>Pull (h)
Cable row 4x12
DB row 4x12
Incline DB curl 4x12
Pull up 4x12

>Leg (h)
Front squat 4x12
BB lunge 4x12
Leg extension 4x15
Leg curl 4x15
Calf raise 4x12

Plus, I try to add abs work 3 times a week, and cardio 3 times a week.
>>
>>40894651
I know it would, but going to the gym on sunday is to much of a mess. Either I have to wake up super early, or the gym is way too crowded, hence the sunday as a fixed rest day...
>>
>>40894683
I would just run them in the order you have written it down. In my opinion you have too much volume in your power workouts but you do you.
>>
Is sodium bloat actually noticeable if you're above like 10% BF? I keep hearing anecdotes like "poor diet can give you a gut even if you're skinny" but I'm sceptical. Besides sodium I don't know what else could here constitute as "poor diet" unless if you had something like Crohn's or IBS.
>>
Do you guys have any tips for sleeping better?
It's many nights that I have trouble getting asleep, regardless of how much or how little physical exercise I do during the day.
>>
>>40894950
Go on a cut, you won't be able to stay awake
>>
>>40894937
Idk to be honest, I salt a lot of my meals and drink a lot of water but I'm never super bloated
>>
How much can y'all actually OHP? I always hear y'all talk about your lmao1pl8 bench presses or your 2pl8 squats and 3 pl8 diddy lifts. but i never hear you talk about your OHP.
>>
>>40895114
I did 100lbs for 3 sets of 10 yesterday morning.

Back in my prime I could get lmao 1pl8 for 3x5 but I never did much more
>>
>>40894950
Valerian tea.
>>
>>40894950
Maybe there is something that keeps you awake? I had a nagging girlfriend who kept bitching and complaining. It made me angry and i couldn't sleep out of frustration. Once i broke up with her, i slept like a rock every night.
>>
>>40891005
why is it 1/2/3/4 instead of in terms relative to bodyweight like .75bw press/ 1.5 bw bench/ 2bw squat/ 2.5bw didley?
those numbers may have to get adjusted but that seems a better system
>>
So I haven't slept in over 24 hours.
Happens, as usual. I'm tired, but I know I won't be able to sleep, so I want to go to the gym.
Is it ok to get preworkout?
No sleep affects gains, I know that, but what about lifting twice without sleeping (i lifted yesterday)
>>
>>40891318
This is a doctor question
>>
>>40894983
Exactly - I don't want to reduce my sodium any further b/c I like the taste of my food damnit. But if it really dfoes add an appreciable amount to one's midsection then it may be worth it. I just doubt that it does.
>>
Is this a good bedroom routine?

pushups 2 x 15
decline pushups 2 x 15
plank 3 x 30s
curls 2 x 20
front curls 2 x 15
pull ups 2 x 10
squats 2 x 15
dips 2 x 10
rows 2 x 15
burpees 2 x 15
>>
>>40894133
Having a lot over lowerback pain lately. Signs of a lagging core.
>>
I have trouble doing regular (pendlay) rows, because my legs are kinda long and I have to bend too deep to have the bar in the bottom position, or have my knees in the way when pulling it up, even with the widest plates on the bar.
Is it okay to substitute them with bent over rows?
>>
>>40895698
Yes, or do chin ups.
>>
what's a good routine for abs
>>
File: capture 115.png (519B, 63x85px) Image search: [Google]
capture 115.png
519B, 63x85px
Could somebody give me some feedback on my routine?

Monday: Chest
>4x10 cable flies
>4x10 chest press (10 normal width pushups between sets)
>3x10 incline bench press
>3x10 upward cable flies
>Abs

Tuesday: back and bis
>3x10 pullups
>2x10 chin ups
>3x10 wide grip pulldown
>3x10 close grip pulldown
>4x10 corner rows
>3x10 seated cable rows
>3x10 bicep curls (each arm)
>3x10 hammer curls (each arm)
>Abs

Thursday: shoulders and Tris
>4x10 dumbbell ohp
>3x10 lateral raises
>3x10 upright barbell row
>3x10 shrugs
>3x10 dips
>3x10 tricep pulldowns
>3x10 overhead tricep cable pulls
>Abs

Friday: legs
>4x10 squats
>3x10 hamstring curls
>3x10 weighted lunges
>3x10 weighted calf raises (each leg)
>Abs
>>
>>40894856
Too much volume? What would you cut out?
Basically this is PHUL but on a 6 day basis. I haded only one exercise on the 4 upper days because I felt rear delts and traps were lacking, and because I like dips and push ups...
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2439x3084px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2439x3084px
Will my beard ever fill out /fit/

>pls
>cannot be manlet & beardlet
>>
Just started on stronglifts a month ago, everything progressing (DL:60kg, Bench:32.5kg, Squat 45kg, Row:42.5kg)

But my overhead press has stalled on 25kg three times, now I've deloaded.

How shit am I for deloading this early on in the programme? And what accessory exercises can I add to make my OHP less shit?
>>
>>40896085
Are you doing standing or sitting OHP? It could be form or maybe you aren't eating and sleeping enough.

OHP is a compound movement, you'll use biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest, will power during this movement
>>
I'm coming off SS in a few weeks, is this a good routine to follow? Main goal is hypertrophy. Thanks

Monday
Hyperextensions 3x10 (one minute breaks)
A1. Standing barbell military press 5x5
A2. Barbell bent-over row 5x5
Take two-minute breaks in between each set of A1 and A2. Go back and forth until all of the sets have been completed.
Barbell squat 5x5 (three minute breaks in between each set)

Wednesday
A1. Weighted dip 5x5
A2. Weighted pull-up 5x5
Take two-minute breaks in between each set of A1 and A2. Repeat until all of the sets have been completed.
Barbell deadlift 5x5 (three minute breaks in between each set)

Friday
A1. Incline barbell press 5x5
A2. Dumbbell renegade row 5x5
Take two-minute breaks in between each set of A1 and A2. Repeat until all of the sets have been completed.
Barbell squat 5x5 (three minute breaks in between each set)
>>
>>40896118
Standing.

Maybe sleeping, as am eating plenty (exam time = stress eating)

I'll try and work on form with lower weights for now, feel like I'm not involving biceps and chest at all, so will take the advice. Thanks!
>>
>>40891005
>Is pic related a good routine?

No
>>
>>40896014
You're packing a hell lotta volume on your chest, back and triceps, but I wouldn't be able to say if it's too much.
About the abs though, how do you run the program? Because doing them two days in a row seems a bit extrem to me.
>>
>>40896125
what

>>40896137
sleep is arguably the most important factor for strength and muscle building

PSA: if you're not getting 8 hours of sleep you are not maximising gains

>>40895297
body won't have recovered so possibly more chance to snap your shit up

>>40895114
185 for 5
>>
>>40891033
>>40891381
this
changed because was getting tired of it.
i rather have max effort on heavy days
>>
Do you niggas do deadlifts in lifting shoes? I started to and me knees felt weird, but maybe my form is off
>>
>>40896211
do deadlifts bare footed, thank me later
>>
>>40896176
You OHP my bench lol
>>
>>40896211
I always do it barefooted. Can't seem to get my balance right when I'm wearing something.
>>
>>40896221
That's what I started doing, but I felt more stable in my lifting shoes
>>
>>40896221
I literally do deads and squats in combat boots cause I have autism
>>
>>40896269
how's your ankle mobility?

>>40896281
well barefoot I guess is just as stable, but combat boots have like an inch sole? so you're doing mini deficit deadlifts
>>
Any recommendations for good dip/pull up belt for adding weight?

The one at my gym is old and keeps breaking so probably going to get my own.
>>
>>40896211
>>40896227
Chucks, or similar shoes, are my way to go. The sole is flat so good balance, and there's no heel.
>>
>>40896328
>goodbye sternum
>>
File: 1490280545909.jpg (48KB, 375x289px) Image search: [Google]
1490280545909.jpg
48KB, 375x289px
Do I need a fucking PhD for deadlifting? Why is it so complicated to do correctly?
>>
>>40896148
Monday and Thursday is mostly body weight stuff with higher reps
Tuesday and Friday more weighted exercises like cable crunches/weighed incline situps

Would you say there is a good balance between compounds and isolation exercises?
>>
>>40896485
nigga u just like stand up haha, just like pick up the weight and dont bend ur back haha
>>
>>40896340
Nigga answer the question or fuck off.
>>
>>40896585
I did, you should tell your sternum goodbye before it inevitably snaps
>>
>>40896500
I honestly wouldn't know... Try to compare it with proven routines to give you an idea...
Two biceps exercises are good though. 3 triceps might be too much, but all in all it depends on how you feel. If your dips aren't weighted or to much triceps emphisased, it should be ok.
But these are just my two cents...

>>40896485
Go with low weight to get the form right. Not no weight, since you need to feel your hamstrings and glutes, but not heavy ass big. Then, increase the weight
>>
>>40896485
Have you watched how Chris Duffin cues it? He has got it down to five points, super simple stuff.
https://youtu.be/r_9GnlsEADE
>>
>>40891005
After a huge weigth loss how can be burned the fat excess remaining in the loose skin areas
>>
>>40896609
you're a bitch

>>40896328
no recommendation but just buy whatever, also don't worry about your sternum
>>
Wrists crack when doing pushups & hurt when doing decline pushups, knees crack when doing squats

what's going on?
>>
>>40891005
>eat at a high deficit (more than 500 cals deficit )
>body retains the fat becouse it feels its starving
how do i reset this shit and continue to loose fat
>>
What are some good exercises to improve my sex perf? just core strength and cardio?
>>
>>40896634
Yeah, because sternum injuries are not impossible from weighted dips.

>That is literally one of the only ways to injure your sternum in the gym, doing heavy weighted dips

There are much better movements to build your chest iirc
>>
>>40896683
he didnt ask for a better movement, shut up
>>
>>40896706
Listen here nigger, sure he didn't ask for that but I'm going to tell him anyway because the movement he is doing is inferior to most chest building movements.

Keep doing dips I don't give a shit in particular, but I'm just stating the fact that they ARE NOT as efficient as other movements he could be doing because they are sternum injury prone.
>>
Can someone advise me on long term consuption of canned tuna? Is mercury poisoning a real threat? Let's say I eat 80g (56g without water) everyday, will I fuck my shit up? I'm on a budget so it's important.
>>
anyone got link to new 600 lbs life episode?
>>
>>40896779
I wouldn't do it for months on end, but it's more than likely fine.

>everything in moderation
>>
Im 19 yo/180 cm-67 kg and im doing a PPL routine but i was thinking about doing Stronglifts,what do you guys think ?
>>
>>40896788
>Links you to your own webcam
>>
>>40896779
how is mackerel price compared to tuna where you live?
>>
>>40896792
5 days a week should be fine then?>>40896812
About 30% more pricy but I can fit in. Ia there a huge difference? I could fit it in the other 2 days or do 4/2.
>>
>>40896660
>>40896660
>>
>>40896866
I've eaten 6oz of tuna 5 days a week for months on end and had no problem. I didn't even think twice about it, but mercury poisoning is real, and I know someone who has gotten it before and the docs blamed it on tuna. Who knows if thats true, but just fyi
>>
>>40896634
Thanks anon
>>40896683
I figure there is injury risk in everything. I do them slow and controlled,not fast and using momentum. Only do 1 real heavy set anyways. But I guess thanks for the concern anyways faggot.
>>
File: plan.png (99KB, 1317x744px) Image search: [Google]
plan.png
99KB, 1317x744px
Skinnyfat here, 145@ 5'11". I've never lifted before, but I did skim starting strength and watched some mark rippetoe videos. I used some online calculator to generate this workout plan. Is it basically OK?
>>
File: Snapchat-1069423084.jpg (643KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1069423084.jpg
643KB, 1440x2560px
Can someone eyeball my bodyfat %?

5'9 at 155

Feeling twinky as fuck for going that low but I still look fat, cut or bulk?
>>
>>40897056
There is nothing twinky about you. 20% probably, not a lot there to cut to but it's up to you
>>
>>40897056
bout 20% i'd say, definetly cut
>>
So, does fapping impact gains or not? Also, does fapping during sex count?
>>
>>40897209
No studies show that fapping/ejaculating lowers test, or impact gains.
>>
>>40896738
only if you do them incorrectly you stupid retard
if you do ANY movement incorrectly you are more injury prone
>>
>>40897620
No, just heavy weighted dips done with perfect form still have a large risk of injury.
>>
>>40894950
You need to have a set routine that you do every night before sleeping, so your body starts to realize it's time to sleep when you start doing it. Also avoid bright light including computer screens

>>40894969
I literally can't sleep when cutting, probably only get 4-5 hours
>>
>>40896968
From my experience, most of the people who experience cracked sternums from weighted dips are in the 2 plate rage.
>>
>>40897417
Then why are so many people on this board hung up on nofap?
>>
>>40897642
Dyels and fatasses looking for an excuse
>>
>>40897664
Aight, thanks anon.
>>
>>40897625
once again: if you dont have the necessary scapulohumeral mobility of course you will snap your shit up
>>
>>40897642
Plus, masturbation is a social taboo in most parts of the world, and if you have a religious upbringing it's looked upon as "bad" too a degree.
>>
If I don't lose my man boobs after I cut to atleast 12% bf, what's your opinion on taking AI+PCT to get rid of it?

Like say running Letrozole for 2-4 weeks then Nolvadex after that for 2-4 weeks?

How long can I run either until it's very unsafe?
>>
My quads went from 23 to 24 inches and my calves from 15.5 to 16 inches (don't train calves) in the span of six weeks. Is this normal? This seems like too fast growth.
>>
>>40897904

cutting to 8%
>>
When using the lat pull down machine, my machine says that the weight indicated is for a single handle.

Does that mean when I'm doing a pulldown I'm actually pulling 240 instead of the 120 it says? I'm confused.

Also it feels like no matter how many pulldowns I do I can't get one pull up and that's all I want to do.
>>
>>40899060
Put your own weight there and try doing a chinup and see
>>
>>40899079
It didn't move whatsoever. I hung from the bar
>>
How do I survive on a caloric deficit when running Texas Method?
I just want to maintain my lifts while losing weight lads
>>
I think I'm turning gay, first trap porn turned me on and now feminine dudes in wigs are become more attractive.

Wat do?
>>
>>40899353
Get /fit/ and get yourself a well-adjusted, handsome man
>>
for a beginner, is it feasible to gain muscle/make gains while on a calorie deficit?
i'm 6'1", 75kg(165lbs). I'm trying to lose my belly fat while also trying to increase my weights every week.

possible?
>>
I know spot reduction is a myth, but will my gut / love handles look better if I do more core work? my arms, chest, back, and legs all look a lot better after a year of training, so logically, won't my core look "better" too?
>>
>>40899060
it's probably 120, especially if you can't do a pull up. I weight about 170 and couldn't do a pull up until I could lat pull down about that same weight
>>
How do I raise testosterone levels naturally?
>>
>>40896638
bump lads, considering stopping working out because of it
>>
Is there a /fit/ discord or irc?
>>
>>40896638
don't do them as much. I haven't done a push up since high school, and just do squats less often
>>
>>40899726
should I not build them up I went from 0 to 15 should I just do 5 instead?
>>
File: 1487269593691.jpg (72KB, 774x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487269593691.jpg
72KB, 774x1024px
>>40891005
Is there maybe an archve of trappy chans fitsticky site? All the screens of the programms would be really helpful for me and others.
So has someone saved the whole content of the site?
>>
>>40891005
>pls help
How do I learn to control my anger. I've been losing my shit for the past 2 days and I feel like im getting depressed. What do I do to stop myself from yelling at people who piss me off?
>>
>>40899742
Hold a weight in front of you when doing squats so you can keep your knees back more, it should stop the cracking
Try more pushup positions and do whatever is the most comfortable
>>
>>40899742
literally don't do push ups if they're hurting you. there's tons of other better chest exercises that don't fuck with your wrists
>>
whenever i run i get bad pains in my shins, calves, ankles and knees. I'm not very heavy. Is this a form issue or is it possible to be a structural integrity thing because i never work calves
>>
is there a minimum number of exercises required for muscle growth? I did leg day today and hit big PRs with squats and lunges (my first two exercises) and I was totally beat. I did one more exercises (shittily) then gave up and left. my legs are still weak and I know I'll be sore tomorrow, but it's weird because I only did two hard exercises (about 3 sets of 8)
>>
What is the best way to increase bench press strength/weight.
>>
>>40900000
>>
>>40891005
been cutting for so lojng and im almost at 10-11%bf, really close but im also that close to a mental breakdown, my libido is almost dead, im always tired and just want to sleep/do nothing

will a 2 week maintenance(or even small bulk) do good for me so I can put out another month and half of cutting?
>>
File: IMG_2059[1].jpg (177KB, 750x673px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2059[1].jpg
177KB, 750x673px
how the fuck do i respond to this lads?
>>
>>40900073
Is english her first language?
>>
>>40900073
I kekd really hard. She's a keeper
>>
>>40900087
yes
>>
>>40900087
>>40900091
What do you reckon lads: move on to the next line, tell her it's a meme line, or some other suitably memetic response?
>>
>>40900108
"no like an erection from looking at your pics"
>>
>>40900133
kek
>>
>>40900133
pls do this
>>
File: IMG_1825.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1825.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>pic related

I have this bump from my vein and it kinda hurts when i touch it

Wat do?
>>
>>40891033
Or double up on 5/3/1 or 8/6/3 if no t rex mode and proportional upper body strength and size is your want
>>
>>40900262
Try asking strangers on the internet.
>>
>>40899868
shin pain can be alleviated by calf stretching. I used to do it daily after showering back when i still ran frequently, completely eliminated shin splints.
>>
So today I worked out and multiple girls were crowding around me. Every station I went to, at least one girl would follow and lurk nearby. One stood by me at the weight rack while I was doing curls, waited until I started lifting to lift herself, and stopped lifting when I stopped. She did this for like 4 sets. I was avoiding eye contact the whole time. When I was about to make eye contact to figure out what she was doing, she knew somehow and turned away from me. Then she kept copying me until I went to the water fountain and she left. What was she doing? And what do I even say to them in that situation
>>
Am i supposed to train with slight tendon pain? I've been having pain in a tendon in my left arm (from fucking up pullups), and in my right groin area (squats 3x week, deads every other workout). How do i know when i should wait and let it heal, how much pain is too much? The pain is reduced later in the workout when i'm more warmed up, but i still feel it.

I've understood that at higher levels, lifters are permanently injured but keep lifting anyway, but i'm only on my 3rd week.
>>
>>40898969
pls respond
>>
I used to do 46 pushups in one go, but now I can do only 36 with tiny pauses on between. Do pushups dramaticly decrease once you stop doing them? Please respond, and how long will it take for me to get them back?
>>
>>40891005
I got 2 Gold Standard 5lbs bottles for 62.99cad each and didnt pay taxes after talking the at GNC down. Did I do good, /fit/? First time buying gold standard and i dont know if thats a good deal or not
>>
>>40901551
Just do one or two more every 2 days until youre back up to your old amount
>>
Would it be okay if I worked on my pushups and sit ups on back to back days if I'm not sore in those areas? Pushups assuming I'm not doing push on the next day. I've come to the conclusion that I know my body better than anybody else and I feel as though I can do it. Is there anything I should take into account?
>>
>>40901101
Just apply lotion so you don't get stretch marks
>>
>>40900466
The gym isn't the place to pick up girls. Let them mire and use it to fuel your workout.
>>
>>40891884
Thanks for the reply. The reason pushing and pulling movements are on basic LP lvl of volume is that I'm trying to get my numbers up, even tho it has to be slower than a LP would be. The arms sets are there bc until now I never isolated bis tris and delts at all, so number going consistently up even with high volume (by small increments, tho).
>>
I've had a sore throat for like the last month but it's not scratchy. It's on the left side of the back of my throat. I was sick about a month ago with a sore throat but it went away and as soon as I lost the sickness only the sore throat came back.

It's been weeks now and I still have this unscratchy sore throat, tongue included. What's going on?
>>
File: 4aDUHWX.jpg (279KB, 852x1136px) Image search: [Google]
4aDUHWX.jpg
279KB, 852x1136px
>>40891005
I need to lose 5 pounds in water weight for a weight in tomorrow morning. I'm confined to a hotel room. How to do this /fit/? *bonus I don't have a scale.
>>
>>40902100
It could be a few things. By your description, it sounds a lot like diphtheria to me, which is more serious disease than a sore throat. Do yourself a favor and go see a doctor.

t. med student
>>
>>40902162
i-i can't afford health insurance at the moment
>>
>>40900567
Either lessen your squat frequency to one time a week or squat at a lower weight until your pain is gone.
>>
>>40902129
You must be one fat fuck if you have 5 pounds of loseable water in you.

Nonetheless, try your hotel sauna or put on a ton of clothes and go for a 15km run
>>
>>40902290
Sorry to hear that.

Get someone to look up your throat (tonsils). If there's a white plaque on it or near it, go see a doctor nonetheless.
>>
>>40902310
Fighters lose 10-20 pounds all the time for weightins.
>>
>>40899596
This depends on people. You'll probably look better or your tummy will bulge out even more, assuming you're on a high bf (15+).
>>
>>40902326
>>40902162
Holy fuck adding onto this, I just looked up diphtheria and some of the symptons sound familiar. I have this cough that I just can't get rid of with deep mucus, sometimes bloody. I always thought it was just leftover mucus from when I was sick last month. I've also had a fever lately that's prevented me from getting good night sleeps. I do have difficultly swallowing sometimes because of the mucus buildup at the back of my throat and the underside of my jaw and upper part of my neck is a little puffy looking lately which I just noticed the other day.

However, I do live in a 1st world country where it's usually unheard of.

Fuck me
>>
I lost 10 pounds in 11 days with serious cardio, 1000-1500 calorie deficit daily and maintenance lifting.

Went from 240 to 230. Im 6"4 and lifted seriously for about a year but didnt watch what i was eating so i got fat.

Is this sustainable/healthy? Im liking the results but i dont wanna hurt myself.

I tend to cheat on the weekends but during the week its all meal prep and countinf calories
>>
>>40902388
>fever lately
>upper part of my neck is a little puffy
>However, I do live in a 1st world country
It might be mononucleosis syndrome too, more usually found, lighter, but I strongly recommend that you go see a physician either way; especially if you do see a white plaque on your throat.
>>
Ok /fit so week or so ago I got a cold and failed all my lifts that day. I waited about 5 days and picked up where I left off. I repeated all my lifts and success. Next session today I failed squats and deloaded. Failed bench and everything. Went backwards alot.Yea I am cutting too. Is this normal. Only been doing as about month too. Got up to 180lb squat and could barely rep 155 today. Should I deload everything?
Tldr. Got sick, lost some strength, after a day back with no lost strength
>>
>>40902384
Hmmmm mine bulges even more. Shit sucks. But my top ab the only one that shows looks nice after I do some ab work. For awhile. Must be a ab pump
>>
>>40902545
Do stomach vacuums, my man.
>>
>>40894137
D N P
N
P
>>
I have high insulin resistance. According to my doctor, I need to eat a very low carb diet in order to lose weight. Is it really more than calories in/calories out for me? Do additional rules apply with insulin problems?
>>
File: foodscale.jpg (304KB, 1415x1500px) Image search: [Google]
foodscale.jpg
304KB, 1415x1500px
>>40891005
does anyone have a recommendation for a particular food scale to get? i was thinking of getting this one off of amazon, don't care about the brand just want it to be accurate and fairly cheap
>>
>>40891005
Where did you get this routine from? It's pretty decent but probably best putting face pulls on Day A too, try and keep your pull to push on a 2:1 ratio for shoulder health. I also would say put chin ups on Day A and replace curls, 3x8 chin ups day A. You don't need to be doing chin ups and 2x biceps per week, chin ups with overload will get bigger arms. If you can't ab wheel, try planks instead 3xf.
>>
>>40893851
Get heavier weights for progressive overload or you're gonna stall period. Do higher rep work with higher sets but youre not gonna progress unless you get more weights. do AMRAP sets to.
>>
>>40894033
Full body 3x per week. If you can squat 140kg, bench press 100kg and deadlift 180kg for sets, you won't be small. I recommend Greyskull LP with plugins, Fierce 5 or Starting Strength with plugins.
>>
>>40894026
deadlifts 3x5 isn't wise for progressive overload, 1x5 is more than enough with working up to working weight. Do AMRAP on that working set and if you get 10+ reps then double your progression on the lift the next time you deadlift until you get sub 10, then just go to normal progression. You should really jump on Greyskull LP with plugins, Fierce 5 or Starting Strength with plugins before using other routines if you don't know what exercises to pick. Routines are popular for a reason.
>>
>>40896125
I'd almost put money on it you aren't ready to finish on SS.

Can you bench 100kg, squat 140 and deadlift 180? If you could you certainly wouldn't be asking if a routine is good. You should know what to do next.
>>
>>40896485
Watch Alan Thrall deadlifting
>>
>>40903752
>Where did you get this routine from? It's pretty decent but probably best putting face pulls on Day A too, try and keep your pull to push on a 2:1 ratio for shoulder health.
I've put it up myself, somewhat based on what I've read on PPST/internet. I'm also doing some chin-ups everyday at home/work, so I'm not doing much pulling at gym. I'm focusing on getting bigger arms bc I have completely ignored arms and delts isos til now.
>>
>>40891005
How do I stop from swinging a little when doing pull ups?
>>
>>40903863
That's easy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfYuXu-6Y4s
>>
>>40903850
Fair enough but I think you'd be better off just focusing on chins with 2/3x10 biceps exercise like incline dumbbell curls or EZ bar curls.
>>
>>40903850
I also don't agree with BTN work especially on the overhead press if you're planning on getting big shoulders, just do conventional OHP and work on overload not some behind the neck shit putting you at more risk. Lat raises are decent too, I'm part of the narrow shoulder gang but I think just getting a meaty OHP will make your shoulders blow up, like a solid 80kg overhead press.
>>
>>40903976
>just do conventional OHP and work on overload
That's what I'm doing, baby steps, tho. I don't feel like adding weight to my OHP more than once I week would be good, so I'm doing assistance lifts to increase volume. Every time I actually OHP, there's an small increment over previous session lifts.

>behind the neck shit putting you at more risk
This will depend on your coracoacromion configuration. Pic related. Type I and likely type 2 will be able to press BTN without compressing the supraspinatus tendon against the acromion. I don't really feel my lateral delts when doing OHP high reps/low intensity, however clearly YMMV.
>>
File: acromions.jpg (23KB, 525x225px) Image search: [Google]
acromions.jpg
23KB, 525x225px
>>40904292
Forgot pic, lol...
>>
How should someone approach working out after 1.5 years ot lifting without eating enough to gain weight? Strength has gone up but very little physical change. Finally changed the diet and gained 15 lbs over 5 months but still look the same. Very discouraging
>>
>>40904434
More volume is key in your case. Do either phul, candito lp or even coolcidada ppl and enjoy your bulking gains.
>>
>>40891005

3 months lifting, SS with rows because my uni gym doesn't allow oly.

lifts (5 RM in lbs, including the bar):

Deadlift: 225
Squat: 205
Bench: 125
Row: 115
OHP: 85

I'm starting to see my novice gains dwindling. Tell me, are these shit?
>>
>>40904560
When do you think I would start noticing physical changes? 5'10 181 lbs btw
>>
>>40904608
Your OHP is on track, but your other lifts seem to be lagging
I personally am only 2 months into lifting, and my bench is farther along than yours
>>
File: ?.jpg (12KB, 219x231px) Image search: [Google]
?.jpg
12KB, 219x231px
Is 5/3/1 legit? I tried it today centered around deadlifts..... only 3 sets @ 65,75,85% of a fraction of my 1RM plus some accessories? I was done in no time and didnt feel as exhausted as i usually do leaving the gym?

Can someone with 5/3/1 experience enlighten me? just want to get stronger
>>
>>40904674
What can I do about that? More accessory? Try more volume?
>>
>>40904608
>>40904732

I guess Its because of my routine, I only go to the gym 2 days a week, and rock climb on Fridays instead...
>>
>>40904677
If you do beyond 5/3/1 with first set last and joker sets, your 1rm is pretty accurate it's a good program.
>>
the fucking road collapsed on the way to my gym today. traffic tomorrow is gonna be so fucked up. what am i gonna do
>>
>>40903368
Not sure you need it to be accurate to the tenth of a gram anyway... If ever you doubt your scale, weight one liter of water, and you'll know if it's off or not!

>>40902465
Not sustainable, not healthy. You prolly lost a lot of water and ATP, too. Not 10lbs of fat...

>>40902129
Don't drink water, sweat a lot, buy laxatives.
>>
>>40906808
>lost atp

Went for a run yesterday. Maybe 3 miles but i did terrible because i was exhausted
>>
File: IMG_20170331_140329.jpg (114KB, 569x760px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170331_140329.jpg
114KB, 569x760px
Hey, this is my deadlift starting position. Is it correct?
>>
>>40907402
It is good, but it looks like could be improved by getting your hips a bit higher.
>>
>>40905758
Walk faggot
>>
How much fat can you expect to lose per month on a 500 calories cut if you're almost otter.

I can just see my abs, want to make it more defined in three months
>>
The only kind of curls that don't cause me forearm or wrist pain are hammer curls, even after obsessive form checking. Are they enough? I don't even care about arms that much I just don't want noodle arms.
>>
How much strength can I expect to lose while sick? I'm almost over a cold (3rd this year, wtf) and tried to do some light work, just a few pull ups and push ups, and could do about half of what I normally can do
>>
>>40907768
I got sick, didn't eat for a week and lost about 10lbs on all my lifts. It'll vary from person to person but it'll come back quickly don't worry.
>>
>>40907784
ok, thanks. I googled my situation and read that it's good to wait a while even when you think you're healthy. Did you jump right back in when you felt better, or did you wait a while?
>>
>>40907916
I jumped right in but I have a history of working out while feeling shitty.
>>
What time of day should you train if doing a 16/8 IF?

I like to train in the morning, but it seems that would be in the middle of the fasting period.
Thread posts: 278
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.