[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Snappitysnap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4954.jpg (106KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4954.jpg
106KB, 750x1334px
So I've decided to quit back squats and deadlifts. As a full time wage cuck, my hamstrings are forever tight. This fucks up my backsquat when going heavy.

I'm switching to front squats twice a week now. What else should I do in absence of back squats and deadlifts. I basically want to have the cleanest healthiest lower back possible as literally bending over hurts my back at the moment.

Two things I already do are Bulgarian split squats and lunges. Both feel amazing.
>>
Need sauce.
>>
Don't know about the lifts op, besides Romanian dead lifts (stiff legged) stretch the fuck out of my hams. But I highly recommend a good chiropractor. I've had lower back pain since 12 due non stop gaming and it's mostly fixed thanks to a competent chiro.
>>
>>40884815
What did the chiro do? I've only ever heard either bad things about chiros or they just give you general stretches to do
>>
In a similar boat, BTFO my lower back last year and have had to work around it since. Staring off light and going for the greatest range of motion has improved my hip and hamstring mobility a lot. If you haven't tried these before give them a shot:

Goblet Squats
Front Squat
RDLs
Leg Curls

Lighter weight (positive failure @20 reps) really lets you focus on form and still stimulate some growth. For any squat or deadlift variant don't go lower than you're able to keep your back flat (not arched, rounded, or tucking your but under).

Once my range of motion and strength improved I moved to higher weight and failure @6 reps. Been working well for me, hope it helps.
>>
>>40885345
Thanks dude. I've done goblet squats previously which felt great too. I think I might add those into a super set with the split squats and lunges.
>>
Similar here, recently took up wagecucking and my hammies and hips were way too tight to DL, it hurt every time.

Squats were getting bad too, but I've taken up yoga and it's had immediate effects to help my hips for them.
>>
>>40884768
>As a full time wage cuck, my hamstrings are forever tight. This fucks up my backsquat when going heavy.
>I'm switching to front squats twice a week now.

based on what youve said there's zero chance you were back squatting anywhere near parallel, let alone full depth.
>>
>>40885763
I can confirm I was squating below parallel. The issue was my tight hams were exposing my lower back to the full weight.
>>
>>40886212
>I can confirm I was squating below parallel. The issue was my tight hams were exposing my lower back to the full weight.

that's not mechanically possible, at the bottom of the squat the hamstrings are contracted not in an extended or stretched position.

So ... you're either mistaken about your depth (it happens no big deal) OR what you're doing is a low bar / good morning hybrid with the telltale hips rising solo out of the hole...

this is almost always the case when someone complains of lower back pain from back squatting.

tldr; work hip mobility and switch to high bar squat whilst strength imbalance is adjusted.
>>
>>40886481
Again. It's 100% not depth. Had multiple gym bros confirm it. I also did high bar.

I think because of tightness and being a tallfag I would end up good morning the weight slightly and putting the load on my exposed lower back.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.