[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about lifting while fasting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1487665625205.jpg (98KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1487665625205.jpg
98KB, 750x750px
What do you think about lifting while fasting?
>>
I think it's dynamite. Last week I did a full day fast on Wednesday and started IF on Thursday so I hit the gym twice totally fasted. Did 10 sets of 10 reps zercher squats on Wednesday and don't remember what I did on Thursday but everything turned out OK.
>>
I'm doing daily IF eating 6-8 and i work out 4x a week lifting as heavy as i can plus cardio afterwards on non leg days before dinner and i've never had an easier cut
>>
>>40884317
she is gorgeous...
>>
>>40884317
Top shelf, my homie.
>>
>>40884317
working out on empty fuel reserves is a bad idea. any "gains" you get from going in "fasted" aren't made up for by the fact that you would've worked harder if you were better fueled anyway
>>
>>40884764
So is working out in the morning before eating anything a bad idea? I was thinking of changing my routine to that over the summer and don't want to sabotage myself. But if I eat anything after waking up and then go to the gym I'll have to stop midworkout to poop, and I don't want to be that guy
>>
File: 1487073586874.jpg (100KB, 415x340px) Image search: [Google]
1487073586874.jpg
100KB, 415x340px
>>40884764
Let me guess, you probably use ore-workout powder too?
>>
>>40884783

I worked out fasted last year, and will continue to do so this year. I'm not entirely sure if you have the focus to work out as hard when not just having a meal, but I didn't have any issues so long as I ate well the night before.

Intensity and frequency wise, there wasn't a difference for me whether I was fasted or not.
>>
File: reeeeee.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeee.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
How do I get a gf like that in OP's pic? Which boss do I have to slay?
>>
>>40884833
>gf
>>
>>40884833
The final boss, anon.

The manifestation of your own shame and personal failures. Once he lies broken at your feet, the princess is yours.
>>
>>40884833
when u find out... share the wealth.
>>
>>40884317
closest to hell you can get
>>
During IF it should be fine but if youre fasting for multiple days you will probably just exert all of your energy
>>
>>40884317
i workout at about 8am and my eating window is 12am-5pm

been doing so for the past 2 years and haven't really noticed a difference in my energy levels or shit like that
>>
I IF 7 days a week lift 4

>eat a 3-400 calorie lunch at 2pm
>eat a 13-1500 calorie dinner at 730

I do not ever feel hungry. I am also still cutting at 3-500 below my TDEE.
>>
>>40884874
maybe complete fasting, but IF isnt too bad
>>
I work out fasted pretty much always, usually after not eating for approximately 16-18h and I don't notice any particular difference between this and exercising shortly after a meal. Note that I'm used to it and your body may take some time to adjust.
>>
>>40884792
>powder

If you're not crunching down on that tasty iron ore straight from the vein then wtf are you doin???
>>
Decreases your performance, pump and recovery. Just don't do it.
>>
I've been doing IF and lifting 3x weekly. So one of those days falls on a weekend afternoon when I'm completely fasted. IMO I perform the best on this day and actually look forward to going to the gym the most on this day.

I do drink BCAAs (ON Gold Standard) during my workouts. I feel like this helps. The "broscience" explanation being: Your body won't break down muscle while working out fasted, because you'll already have the broken down proteins (aka BCAAs) in your system. And just by looking in the mirror, I think that a small amount of muscle growth actually happens during this time.
>>
It's what I do, feels great. First thing in the morning, you hit the iron full intensity, and then some LISS.
The "clear mind" effect is nice.
>>
>not eating for a period shorter than 24 hours
>calling it fasting
>pretending it makes a difference

Try actually fasting, for 3+ days and try lifting. You'll see how shit you will feel
>>
>>40884833
Bf% is final boss
>>
>>40885974

Clearly you've never heard of IF or LeanGains. Read up and then come back to this thread when you actually have something useful to say.
>>
>>40886083
I know precisely what IF is, I just don't consider it actual fasting. It's more like a normal diet. Man was never supposed to eat more than once or twice a day
>>
>>40884317
10/10, perfect.
>>
>>40884846
anon, you are so wise and hit deep can you please write more soothing words?
>>
>>40884764

That's where you're wrong friendo. Lifting fasted is totally fine depending on your goals (probably not so much for power lifting).
>>
food is a meme not joking btw
>>
>>40884846
>>40886186
blease resbond
>>
I don't like lifting fasted because it fucks with my off the floor pulls especially the Deadlift
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.