[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does more strenght always = more muscle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Let's assume we have 2 clones with objectively identical body proportions,diet, and lifestyles.
One of them has 10% less physical muscle mass per cubic centimeter.
Will the one with more muscle mass always be stronger (heavier lifts) then the one with less?
All external variables being equal, are there any circumstances where the one with less could perform stronger lifts?
>>
no idiot
>>
Lifting heavy has to do with muscle mass, however id say otnhas more to do with your CNS. This is why the biggest guy isnt always the strongest guy
>>
Yes but only if its real muscle, not creatin muscle
>>
Think about it this way who do you think has a bigger chest someone with a 8RM of 2pl8 or someone with a 5RM of 3pl8s
>>
https://youtu.be/m8wZNGL4iA4?t=50
>>
>>40879437
In your example the guy with more muscle has the potential for more strength. The more muscle you have, the more your CNS can recruit for maximal attempts.

He will perform worse than the guy wit less muscle if his CNS hasn't been trained for max attempts.
>>
File: 1479371760136.jpg (77KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479371760136.jpg
77KB, 768x1024px
>>40879437
stress
recovery
adaptation

greater stress
greater recovery
greater adaptation

stress happens in both weight and reps, so it's a blend of both
BUT
linear progression on sets of 5 are proven to work flawlessly in constituting an ever increasing stress whereas increasing the number of reps at the same weight is not

in short: you want big muscles? get your lifts up first, see where it takes you, worry about reps later
>>
>>40879565
This. My brother looks pretty small in clothes but can pull 3x bw. He's been lifting for years and is trying to be as strong and efficient as possible while not being heavy and huge.
>>
strength is a function of both the size of the muscle fibers and intensity of the contractions. both are improved with training. it's true that all else being equal, bigger muscles equal more strength.
>>
>>40881569
Your brother is a fag do you put your peepee in his butt
>>
>>40881656
Shut up or I'll come over and suck your dick, faggot. I'm not gay
>>
>>40879437
CNS adaptation.

That said, the reason ur brain sends out the commands to build muscle is increasing strength demands while in caloric surplus.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.