[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fat/ - Weight Loss General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 39

File: fattt.png (131KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
fattt.png
131KB, 800x800px
Ginger tea is still based edition

Old thread at 300lbs >>40872426

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of /fit/ who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
https://tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/
>>
>>40878551

So /fat/ - When did you go from being a fatty to just being fat?

Being a fatty means you think there's nothing wrong with you, continuing down the path of self destruction, eating the shit, not working out - basically being in denial.

Being fat is the acceptance and change stage. Once you are in this stage, you're on your way to becoming /fit/

So, when did you change?
>>
>>40878575

3 weeks ago. So far, so good.
>>
>>40878551
Posted this in prior thread but

>wanted to lose weight bc disgusted with self
>go for runs
>make playlist that fits my run perfectly
>get back from run, hella sweaty and breathing like a fucking horse
>sleep well knowing I'm on a good path
>wake up and charge my phone for run later that night
>check music for the fuck of it
>realize playlist consists of 4 songs, only making it out to 10 minutes of cardio

The path I run even comes out to match the length of the playlist. Should I just double the length and run the path again?
Really disappointed.
>>
>>40878646

If you can then yeah run it again. If not, just add a song a week and run until it ends, soon you'll be up to 30 mins.
>>
>>40878575
When i meet a 8/10 qt3.14 playing some vidya, and i wanted to be /fit for her, but things didnt work as expected (atleast got some nudes) , now im losing weight for myself, im feeling better than ever, i can run 3 miles or more when 3 months ago even the staircase was something hard for me. Im at 88kg from 106kg in 3-4 months. And i hope i can reach 70kg this year.
Dont let anyone say you are a failure.

We're all gonna make it bros
>>
/fat/ here, 200lbs, recently started push-ups but my crotch hits the ground before im able to go fully down. Any advice?
>>
You posted the priest wojak which is used for confession anon pls remember for next time.
>>
>>40878646
>realize playlist consists of 4 songs, only making it out to 10 minutes of cardio

Holy shit that's funny
>>
went to the corner store since my friend wanted to, almost bought a cheetoh bag but I decided against it because of /fat/

you better fucking (You) me
>>
File: 1490758244666.png (103KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490758244666.png
103KB, 800x800px
>>40878694
Not a problem, familia.

Time to confess your cheatmeals.
>>
>>40878694

I know, I realized I used to wrong file when it was already too late

Pls forgive me priest wojak
>>
>>40878665
Nah I'm usually gasping for air, but yeah I'll try adding a song here and there
>>
>>40878722
>cheetos
I just got done jogging my shitty mile at a snails pace(13 min) and got offered mcdicks with soda. My cousin said she could do a 7 min mile. That was enough for me to decline
>>
>>40878757

Forgive me father for I have sinned. I went to the movies and drank a large soda and ate candy while on keto.
>>
>>40878757
You are but a snake in the grass for that file contains the devils TRIPS.
>>40878760
Your forgiven famalamsenpai
>>
>>40878691
dig a little hole in the dirt
have fun
>>
>>40878784
RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE
Bishop here
That's 2 weeks no bread. And no tea for a week
>>
>>40878575
I've been in a constant state of "Oh I need to lose weight" for years, but like depending on food for comfort and generally not caring about myself kept me from doing anything about it.

I think I wanted to change after I realized I was almost 20, halfway through college, and my life is so stagnant and limited. I wanted to feel confident about myself and be able to express my passions, interests, etc. without using my weight as an excuse to just stay comfortable hiding myself.

Sorry for the blog.
>>
>>40878699
T-thanks
>>
>>40878691
I just saw the infrographic for it, i wasn't clenching my asscheeks and my arms were too far apart.
>>
>>40878691
Stop doing push ups?
>>
>already ate 1700 calories
>still hungry
>i have chips

stop
>>
>>40878691
Check out scoobs vid here.
https://youtu.be/cW0lK3b7zhA
>>
>>40878722
I love you for respecting /fat/
>>
>>40878840
Thanks senpai
>>
We're all gonna make it, even if your shit is fucked life isn't over yet. Good on you who have disciplined themselves and did it. Feels good man.
>>
>>40878757
nothing yet. for 2 days now, i've kept under a thousand calories and im doing good with exercise. for once in my life im not failing. but idk if i can say the same in just few months time
>>
Protein flavor that doesn't taste like shit with water?
>>
File: Capture.png (31KB, 1220x250px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
31KB, 1220x250px
>>40878757
Looking forward to tomorrow.
Going to have a half gallon of ice cream and make a giant frito pie.
>>
>>40879101
>eating jello like that one retarded woman on My 600-lb Life who became malnourished and had to have surgery again to fix her shit

I found it hard to believe people would be that stupid, but here you are. Do you know what "empty calorie" means?
>>
>>40878772
nice

>>40878841
l-love you too
>>
File: 1483302261611.jpg (36KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1483302261611.jpg
36KB, 657x527px
>>40879101
pls be bait
>>
>>40879126
A bullshit term. Calories themselves have value.
Also I find it really helps control my hunger which is not bad for 80 calories for 2 lbs. of jello.
>>
Daily reminder that only lazy faggots don't do cardio. Enough of the >muh knees bullshit.
>>
>>40878757
I like pizza.
How do I lash myself for falling for such weight gains
>>
If I just eat peanuts and stuff when I'm getting a craving and cut soda, that should generally be enough right?

Also not getting fast food anymore

wish me luck lads
>>
>>40879220
Eating to replace something is a slippery slope , measure and count when in doubt
>>
>>40879240
I know, I'm going gradual with this stuff though. I don't eat a whole lot, and I'm not too overweight as it is, but a lot of the stuff I eat is just unhealthy
>>
>>40879206
change the type of pizza you order. i know my mom loves turning to pizza for food when she hasn't gone shopping so the first thing i did when i started calorie counting was find the lowest calorie pizza servings so i could eat that.
it's usually 3 slices of ham and pineapple thin crust pizza.
>>
>>40879220
>gonna eat the highest calorie "health food" I can find whenever I get cravings. probably consume more calories this way than pigging out on potato chips
wish me luck lads

You'd be better off eating two more slices of bread each day. Not even joking, eating extra bread, especially whole wheat bread, can help you lose weight by satiating you.
>>
File: everything_happens_for_a_reason.jpg (46KB, 720x451px) Image search: [Google]
everything_happens_for_a_reason.jpg
46KB, 720x451px
>Tfw work a graveyard shift at a convinience store

Lord keep me from temptation because all these chips and candies i can take for free.

Side question: should I be eating at all overnight? Should i find a healthy snack or grab a more meal-sized portion? Life is rough.
>>
Fatty here. Looked in the mirror shirtless for the first time in a longtime, saw my short torso and was disgusted at my muffin top and slight manboobs.

Gonna start working out on Friday. Which type of Cardio is best? Just straight running or those creative cardio excersies?

Do you have to get on a diet? I probably should considering all I've been eating is just fast food at my Student Union.
>>
>>40879460
>sticky
Just run. and run for as long as you can. Get lifting. eat better
>>
>>40879460
For starting I would suggest start cutting out sugary drinks and switching to water as your main beverage. Also start eating smaller portions when you have a meal.

If you're a fatty you don't have to kill yourself by running right at the beginning. You can start off with walking for a period and then move on to jogging. Or you can start running if you're really motivated that's up to you.
>>
>>40879040
strawberry
vanilla with coffee mixed in
>>
>>40879040
chocolate. Make sure you mix it in hot water.
>>
>>40879332
I know that feel 100%, I work at a grocery store and it's incredible hard to not grab shit.
>>
File: 1490700121740.png (189KB, 952x714px) Image search: [Google]
1490700121740.png
189KB, 952x714px
/g/ here, I'm trying to replicate the scientific finding described within the picture here.
I'm wondering what's the highest fiber thing I can get on woolworths.com.au/Shop
Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>40879555
https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Psyllium-500mg-Vcaps/dp/B0013OW2KS/ref=zg_bs_3762131_5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YJ4JPG5FGQWMT0A5Q6E8

Taste like garbage. Will fill you up. Just mix with water.
>>
>>40879555

Psyllium husks/metamucil.

Barely anyone gets their required 30g of fibre each day, this shit will change your life.
>>
>>40879555
All-Bran or Fiber One cereal is great for breakfast.
>>
>>40879263
Well peanuts are good at suppressing hunger. High fat and protein especially. One small packet of the fuckers keeps me 'full' for several hours
>>
File: 1458738507053.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1458738507053.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
How much calories are bogger, nails and dead skin.

I think i am overerating calories because of them.
>>
>>40879628
>30g of fibre each day
It's 38g for men.

I never get below 40g a day as a vegan. I shit every day with ease.
>>
trying intermittent fasting
I had a few swigs of vodka. how bad did I fuck up?

>>40878575
I've always know I had a problem but didn't care until I went out in public which was rarely. I'm working on it but fuck there's temptation everywhere.
>>
>>40879655
You're not so shitfaced you can't post on 4chan, so I'd say you dun fucked up.
>>
>>40879636
>tfw massive problem of picking nose clean and immediate spitting the fuckers out as loogies
I think my body is overproducing phlegm. If I don't do either of my throat starts to get all fucky. Coughing all the time
>>
>>40879665
I've literally never been that shitfaced. I drink like a champ, which is the problem. the drink was within my eating window but I'm worried about the calories.
>>
>>40878575
I never liked being fat. I always felt fat and have yo-yo dieted at least since highschool. I lost the will to maintain sustained loss and just stopped logging foods and regressed each time.
>>
>>40879683
>eating window
Yeah, that's not a good way to fast. It encourages overeating and expands your stomach.

You should do 0-400 calorie restriction days and just ad libitum the rest of the time WITHOUT BINGING.
>>
>Work at Jimmy John's as a driver usually eat a sandwich after work for a cheap dinner
>Most of the sandwiches are 700+ calories
>Whole bunch of fast food places around work
>Starting to diet
This is gonna be hard as dicks. I need to find a snack that would stop mid-shift cravings, which I get a lot. Would just a low calorie snack work like peanut butter crackers or something?
>>
>>40879573
Will check it out, thanks anon
>>40879628
I was thinking of replacing my entire diet with fibre, I take it if I just got enough in the first place I wouldn't need to.
>>40879632
Thanks anon, I'll pick some up
>>
File: 1445083969588.jpg (128KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1445083969588.jpg
128KB, 960x640px
I have a trip now. Lots of myths floating around here. I've picked up a few things, tricks, and knowledge that would be useful to y'all.

1) Do your fucking cardio.
>muh knees
That's why you're fat.

2)If you're obese. Don't worry about IF or keto. It's a technique for the skinnier lads who need to drop the last few pounds. Not worth the mental energy thinking about.

3)If you're really obese 100+lbs overweight, you can cut pretty deeply without many side effects. You can boost the time frame a ton. But can only be done when you're seriously obese. You will need to sup fiber, or you'll become constipated for over a month and have to get a tube shoved up your ass and fill up two toilets of shit in the ER.

4)Lift.

5)Do what you can to enjoy living a healthier lifestyle. Don't do exercises you fucking hate. Change up your routines when you get bored. You will have to do this for the rest of your fucking life you better like it.

6) Learn to cook, and cook a lot. Pick up a good cookbook. I'd recommend Anabolic Cooking. Make up your meals during the weekend, you can know the macros in each meal, so it takes the guesswork, and the annoying chore of logging every fucking thing you eat.

7) Read some books. brush up on your microbiology, and pick up some Lyle McDonald books. Torrent them, not too hard to find.
I'd recommend:
The Stubborn Fat Solution
The Ultimate Diet 2.0
The Protein Book
And some helpful longreads from him: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss
>>
File: 0329170007.png (1MB, 1224x689px) Image search: [Google]
0329170007.png
1MB, 1224x689px
hi fat

this is my dinner

rate and thanks
>>
Tips for reducing cravings? Also how do I go from 250 to 200 as fast as possible? Is chocolate Soy Milk healthy? Is pork on a bun healthy? Help!
>>
cant sleep

sup /fat/
>>
>>40879889
This is my lunch, minus the Brocoli and maybe with some Tahini.
>>
>>40878830
MARTIN'S KETTLE COOKED

Sorry, but I'm going through that exact fucking struggle. Didn't even eat a healthy 1700 calorie intake either fml
>>
>>40879101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgwJfbeCeU
>>
>>40878575
Last July I had a gout attack. I knew I had let myself go but the pain was surreal and the doctor said this shit was going to keep happening. Up to that point in my life I had thought for years just how much better the world would be if I had just killed myself and I think letting myself get that fat was the quiet slow way of me trying to do just that.

That was 60 pounds ago and I plan to keep going. I have my weight loss goal now and I want to save up enough so in three or so years I can go see Japan. Then maybe I'll go back to the consider suicide option but I think making some goals and working toward them are giving me a reason to live again. Going to be fun working two jobs.
>>
>>40879898
>Tips for reducing cravings?
Black coffee, but only if you dont' have a problem with stimulants
Water
Veggies
Giving into the cravings and having a small bit of something.
Will power, if you have enough of it to overcome the cravings.

>Also how do I go from 250 to 200 as fast as possible?
PSMF as described by lyle mcdonald, yohimbe and fasted morning cardio. Upping your daily activity levels.
Anything outside of that will more then likely ruin your endocrine system and shorten your life by a few years.

>Is chocolate Soy Milk healthy?
No, not at all. But it's not horrible for you and is better then most of the trash people drink. So if you keep things in order and track your calories and macros you can drink it.

>Is pork on a bun healthy
Not really. But healthy is less important then getting the weight off if you are seriously overweight. If you are really looking to be as healthy as possible then eat clean veggies clean meats with moderate amounts of fats, olive oyl, some fruits, some nuts. Drink naught but water.
>>
>>40878575

When I realized I was tired of being an unproductive stoner who just ate and smoked constantly and wasn't truly happy and tired of having a gross looking belly with stretchmarks and a big gut.

I'm 5'11 and 260. Been trying to swim and jog as much as I can and eat better. It's tough at times, and hard since I quit weed because of anxiety but damn it I try.
>>
>>40879961

Coffee is a no-go since it just makes me jittery. Will try and drink more water and eat more veggies. Also will have limitee amounts of soy milk and meat. Thanks.

Also, if I were to drink any type of milk...which is the best? I have also heard almond is better.
>>
>>40879977
I've been using almond milk as a replacement mixed with my oatmeal and honestly I can't tell a difference from two percent milk or whatever. But that could just be me and my shitty taste buds. ymmv
>>
>>40879977
drink full fat
>>
File: 9842439.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
9842439.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>like lifting
>really hate cardio

Never gonna make it.
>>
>>40879977
I started being an almondfag, it actually tastes hella good.
>>
>>40880055
Zyzz never did cardio. He made it.

He also fucking died from roiding so
>>
>>40880055
Same here bro. Fuck that feeling when you're out of breath and you're sweating everywhere. I hate it especailly when your shirt sticks your back, and you go sit in your car and your wet shirt touches the seat.
>>
>tfw losinng weight
>tfw always tired naturally
>tfw i am now starting to oversleep
Why doesnt my body accept 9h of sleep in one go and wake up once at 30m then each 5h or so?
Should i start chugging somniphers?
>>
>>40880121
You may be cutting too much. Body is finding ways to save on energy.

>Why doesnt my body accept 9h of sleep in one go and wake up once at 30m then each 5h or so?
No fucking clue.
>>
>>40879847

Disagree heavily with number 2. I'm obese and do both IF and keto. IF is great because I only get hungry once I've had my first meal, and if that's around lunch, that's a whole lot less time to deal with it. Keto is great because eating any carbs causes me to crave them.
>>
No longer fat but pretty sure I ACTUALLY have a thyroid problem now.

>Always cold
>exhausted physically and mentally
>Shit quality sleep and not enough of it
>>
>>40880179
How long since dieting?
>>
>>40879847
You're dead wrong on #2. IF is shown to cause problems in normal weight individuals and is a safe alternative to CER for overweight and obese.
>>
>>40879889
bland george foreman/10

>>40880070
>not showering off at the gym
Not gonna make it.
>>
>>40880217
18 months @1500 kcal
I was very fat.
My weight loss slowed WAY down around November though.
>>
>>40880271
did you refeed during this?
>>
>>40880271
same dude
first 3 months was unbelievable
the last 3 have been a slog
>>
>>40880276
Never a cheat day a failure or a re-feed.
1500 was my hard limit my average was probably around 1420.
I'm done now though and am hoping some of these problems clear up.
>>
File: 1439231751273.jpg (760KB, 1280x1656px) Image search: [Google]
1439231751273.jpg
760KB, 1280x1656px
How to correctly refeed ?
3 weeks dieting and its the fiest time i heard about refeeding
>>
>>40879206
Get it thin crust, get chicken as your meat topping if you want a meat topping, maybe even less cheese.
>>
>>40880320
don't get sucked into that nonsense
just keep on doing what you're doing
>>
Went off the rails for 3 days, gained 7lbs but i've been back on the diet for a week now. I will always struggle with binge eating. I'm down 120lbs, have 40 more to go.
>>
Does lower back pain coincide with your weight?

For example I would be mopping pretty quickly and I would start to get sharp pains in my lower back that would last until after I'm finished working for a bit. It would also happen when I'm standing for long periods of time but that's rare.

I'm not horribly overweight but I have a bit of a muffintop and starting to grow moobs.
>>
>>40880173
>>40880250
If keto and IF works for you, that's great. Bodies are different and experimenting and finding what works for you is what is most important.

I don't recommend IF or keto because of the limits it places on your diet. I've tried both, sometimes together.

IF encourages binging, and bad habits. With IF it's harder to get proper nutrition before lifting or cardio. Doing cardio fasted fucking sucks, and so does lifting. You can get used to it, but the effectiveness is diminished. If you can find a schedule that works for you, and you're making sure you are handling the fasting segments correctly (not simple) then sure.

With keto the limits on what food you can buy and eat can lead to a situation where you're not eating good nutrition. Which leads you to feeling hungry, depressed, sleepy, a piece of shit. If you've done it for a while, know what types of food to buy and make, sure. But it's an unnecessary technique for weight loss and can be a hurdle.
>>
>>40880413
Binging in a small window is a hell of a lot better then eating 24/7 and constantly snacking.

And fasted cardio isn't supposed to be fucking easy and simple. It's to help your fat ass drop the pounds. But if you're not using the fact that it sucks as an excuse to not do it then who gives a shit.

Lastly just eat a small pre-workout meal during your feasting hours then eat your meals after that. Your body will fucking devour the calories and send everything exactly where it needs to go.
>>
>>40879898
Diet pills
>>
>>40879898
eat filling foods

someone here has an infographic about food satiety
>>
>>40879898
caffeine or less calorie dense foods
>>
>>40880515
Like oatmeal?
>>
>>40880542

>oats
>peanut butter
>milk

under 400kcal and keeps my hunger away easily for 8 hours.
>>
>>40880553
Nice. I'll keep this in mind when I'm about to go to work. I would usually get fast food to satiate cravings while on deliveries.
>>
>just realised I've been drinking 330cal alcoholic beverages
>I have 3 on sat and 3 on Sunday
Wtf....holy shit I'm a fucking retard.
>>
I'm on a fairly hard cut. I noticed my eyes and lips are dry. Fish Oil caps seem to help but only if i'm taking 4 a day which is above the recommended dosage. Is it ok to keep taking it while i'm on my cut? Anything else I should take for eye health in general? Dry eyes is what's really killing me
>>
i can't find a reason to try to lose weight

>don't really enjoy anything
>don't care about relationship/whatever
>don't plan on living that much longer

is there a point
>>
>>40880643
Cheaper/smaller casket
Better looking open casket funeral
Better fitting suit for your corpse
Have people give stirring eulogies about how motivated and great you were in your final days
[spoiler]overcomming your problems and falling in love with being fit and going on to live a long and happy life with a beautiul girl who teaches you to love again[/spoiler]
>>
>>40880655
i don't even want to be in a relationship with anyone

i don't like girls or guys
>>
>>40880643
I didn't want to die fat

I've found more reasons since then though
>>
>>40880589
You need to drink more.

>>40880568
Alcohol is free calories. Ask anyone.

>>40880643
You just gave 3 reasons to lose weight. Losing weight solves all those.
>>
>>40880708
i really don't think it does

nothing in life is a magic "cures every problem you have"
>>
whats a good source of fiber?
its been 2 days since my last shit and i feel bloated as fuck
>>
>>40880400

Lower back pain absolutely does have a hook up with weight. It's not 1-1 but basically your lower back muscles are an important support structure for your body. The heavier you are the more pressure you put on them. Think about it this way, your lower back muscles keep you from bending over forward. You've added a big weight onto your stomach that pulls you that way, thus straining them and putting extra pressure on them.
>>
>>40880708
I'm drinking tons, my pee is always clear
>>
>>40880708
Yea I'm an idiot. But shit, 330cal for a single beverage? I knew alcohol was bad but I thought made 100cal a pop.

What should I drink alcohol wise that's low calorie?
>>
>>40880743
330 cal for one drink can be quite a bit. Is it like the size a soda can or something? Most sodas are around 160-180 cal.
>>
Any of you taking supplements or protein shakes alongside working out? I am overweight and looking to get back down to normal levels and maybe gain a little muscle while I am at it, is this a waste of time?
>>
>>40880589

I read somewhere that low carb can dry you out, especially your eyes, try eating a carb.
>>
>>40880743

Light beer.
>>
>>40880743
>What should I drink alcohol wise that's low calorie?
Spirits, and diet mixer. I usually drink gin and tonic or whisky
>>
>>40880767
That's like telling a junkie to just take 1 percocet. It's gonna end with me on a street corner sucking dick for big mac money
>>
>>40880751
It's 500ml cider. Admittedly I shouldn't be drinking 3L of alcohol every week....
>>40880774
Gotcha. Next time I'm gonna scan a few up when I'm at the bottle-o.
>>40880775
Whisky good? I usually drink whisky but changed to cider. Will proba switch back.
>>
>>40880808
Unfortunately cider is one of the most calorie dense alcoholic drinks, I would stay away from it. Whisky is pretty "good" for cutting, about 100 calories in 50ml. I like it because you can sip on it so it lasts a lot longer and i end up drinking less.
>>
>>40880808
>drinking 3L of sugar+alcohol
>woaw who would have known it has so many calories :DDDDDDDD
>doing this every week
you are never going to make it. Even if you stop drinking cold turkey
>>
File: Capture2.png (769KB, 1348x865px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
769KB, 1348x865px
>>40879573
>https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Psyllium-500mg-Vcaps/dp/B0013OW2KS/ref=zg_bs_3762131_5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YJ4JPG5FGQWMT0A5Q6E8
The comments are gold,
>>
File: ss (2017-03-16 at 05.49.11).jpg (140KB, 506x898px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-03-16 at 05.49.11).jpg
140KB, 506x898px
http://www.vox.com/2016/4/28/11518804/weight-loss-exercise-myth-burn-calories

What do you guys think about this? I mean It's pretty disheartening to hear when you work your ass off and eat right 5-6 days a week..

One thing I don't understand from this article is how the fuck do professional athletes like Phelps burn so much then?

According to this article the amount of cardio I do isn't mounting to much benefit in burning even when I'm eating at or under maintenance.
>>
>>40880974
it's correct. diet is way more important than exercise for weight loss.

>One thing I don't understand from this article is how the fuck do professional athletes like Phelps burn so much then?
uh, because they're professional athletes. why is this even a question?
>>
File: Capture3.png (75KB, 771x303px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
75KB, 771x303px
>>40880974
>http://www.vox.com/2016/4/28/11518804/weight-loss-exercise-myth-burn-calories
Pic related is the author, nuff said.
>>
>>40880766

No it's a good plan. Your body can easily do both. Protein shakes are good to get extra protein at a low calorie cost. That's all. It's a very good calorie efficiency source of protein. So you can go low cal but still get the protein you need.

Ok think about it this way: your body stores >energy< as fat. It doesn't store nutrients or anything else. So when you're losing weight, what you need to do is get all your nutrients, at the lowest possible amount of energy intake you can get, so that your body has more of a difference to make up. That's the ideal formula for weight loss.

You figure out what your nutrient requirements are, like ok I need x grams of protein, and I need about 30 grams of carbs a day, and I need some healthy fats, and some micronutrients...

Then you figure out how to get those at a low calorie amount. Protein shakes are a good tool to get the necessary proteins.
>>
>>40881015

Yea but the article was full of science studies and stuff..

>>40881014

Did you read the fucking article? It basically says your body can't burn that many calories like phelps does.
>>
>>40881043
>Did you read the fucking article?
not every word, no.
>It basically says your body can't burn that many calories like phelps does.
where does it say that? I just skimmed it, but at least I found this: "it’s only around 10 to 30 percent [of total energy expenditure] depending on the person (and excluding professional athletes that workout as a job)."
>>
>>40881043

Aight so if you do half an hour to an hour of cardio a day, you're burning... I have no idea but let's say 300 calories. I seem to remember that being about right. The thing is, it's not just time, it's intensity. Phelps does it way more intensely than you physically could, for significantly longer. So in that same half hour he'd burn 500. But he does it for 6 hours. That shit adds up.
>>
>>40878575
When I had to buy another suit for grandpa's funeral because I wouldn't fit into any of my old ones.
Also I was 97kg and I realized you can't really be 100+ and not be fat, no matter how you justify it before yourself.
>>
>>40880827
Thanks man. I'll switch back to whisky.
>>40880862
I've lost 35kg so far, I'm making it just not as fast as I could've.
>>
>>40881104

Wow, I'm op. Feels bad man, my goal weight is 110kgs. I am 6'9 though
>>
>>40879155
>Calories themselves have value

I agree. But you are taking a multivitamin, right? There's no way you're getting adequate amounts of all micronutrients on your posted diet.
>>
>>40881104

Zyzz weighed over 100kg near the end and he was natty and shredded.
>>
>>40879220
A handful of peanuts is like 1500 calories.
Even processed wheat crackers are unironically better since they're so puffed up that a large pack is only like 80 grams.
>>
File: DistributionCurve_zps22076ea5.jpg (28KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
DistributionCurve_zps22076ea5.jpg
28KB, 300x167px
>>40881225
>>40881255
>NUH UH BUT GIRAFFES AND BODYBUILDERS

You people have autism. An average height dude with no mountains of roid muscle on him will be fat at 100 kg.
>>
>>40878757
An entire bag of little Caesars crazy bread ;_;
Two days in a row
>>
>>40881322

I'm in the 99.997th percentile for my height, around 4 SDs so fuck you and your chart.
>>
>>40880055
Cardioshould not be a workout, something you go do at the gym to get it over with.
Find something you actually enjoy that requires a level of physical activity. Bam, cardio.
Swim, ride a bike, play basketball or tennis, skate, play drums. Anything.
>>
>>40880121
>Why doesnt my body accept 9h of sleep in one go and wake up once at 30m then each 5h or so?

That's normal. Most adults wake up at least once during sleep. Nothing to worry about.
>>
so any ausfags here know how many calories are in a super 7/11 latte? also is low fat milk significantly lower in calories than regular milk
>>
How do you guys deal with night time/going to sleep hunger? I've been doing this for a few months now but I've never gotten hunger pangs like I did last night even though I ate my usual deficit. I feel like I was dangerously close to going out and hitting up any fast food joint that was still open. Any advice?
>>
>>40878646
just run the path twice or find a longer route, and about music search for more
>>
>>40881432
Do you have no internet? Did you send in this post by mail?
>>
>>40879527
doesn't protein powder flock up in heated liquid?
>>
>>40881447
theres only information for the $2 coffee
>>
>>40881322

Hafthor Bjornsson is 190kg
>>
File: 1488321106665.png (271KB, 452x446px) Image search: [Google]
1488321106665.png
271KB, 452x446px
>>40879684
I feel you, I am the same. I look at fat people with disgust because I myself am fat. Feels bad.jpeg
>>
>>40881467
And he's fat, your point?
>>
File: 146465126486.jpg (141KB, 658x892px) Image search: [Google]
146465126486.jpg
141KB, 658x892px
reminder that no matter how little weight you lose, its still fat off your body. Keep pushing forward and never give up, no matter how many times you fail
>>
>>40881472

haha oh jesus
>>
>>40881458
Just stick to the $2 coffee. Also, skim milk is a meme and you only lose about 20cal or so, at least get the protein normal milk gives. Either way, if you're having a 7/11 white coffee might as well enjoy the taste. I have one every day as my treat on the way to working.

If you must have the $3 one, 220cal according to 16oz flat white.
>>
You know what helped me loose tons of weight? Moving away from my parents. That place is always full of good shit. I have next to zero will power so it helped alot
>>
>>40879332
>>40879536
My brethren. Gas station worker here. I take a protein shake and use the coffee machine to make black coffee throughout my shift.
>>40879716
Make homemade protein balls. Scooby had an awesome recipe.
>>
Just about went past my 20 pound loss mark. Are ya proud?
>>
>>40881522
okay thank you anon, ill stick to the $2 from now on, itll save me a dollar anyhow
>>
>>40880974
>One thing I don't understand from this article is how the fuck do professional athletes like Phelps burn so much then?

Being able to burn lots of calories is an ability developed through training. They don't specifically aim to increase that ability but it occurs as a result of them doing everything they can to train harder and get better. Untrained people would just collapse in exhaustion before managing to spend double or triple their normal energy expenditure.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9243495
>19±1yo female swimmers
>1840±130kcal on non-training days
>5500±500kcal on high-volume training days
>>
>>40881482
why does 5 and 10lbs looks almost the same, just that the 5lbs looks taller and the 10lbs looks wider?
>>
Are there any anons here who were extremely obese (300+ lbs) and have lost the weight? How do you deal with people being interested in you when no one realizes that you have loose skin all over? I have no idea how to handle this.
>>
>>40881434
Concentrate a larger portion of your daily calories in the hours before sleep or even right before going to bed. You can get used to sleeping right after eating in a few weeks.
>>
>>40881664
I lost 20 pounds since 307 and have no loose skin
>>
>>40881878
That's because you've only lost 20 lbs and still have a lot to lose unless you're 6'10.
>>
>tfw 48 hour fasting my way to quick shreddedness

leaving you TDEE-500 calories a day losers in the dust LUL
>>
>>40881730
I will try this today, thanks.
>>
>>40881942
>Fasting
So if I take up a 20:4 or similar IF, would I eat my TDEE-500 calories all in those 4 hours? or would I stick to less as to what would be average for a meal?
>>
File: 1489584843951.jpg (69KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489584843951.jpg
69KB, 768x960px
hey

just wanted to remind you that summer is almost here, and you are all still fat, don't fool yourselves

still, you are all gonna make it
I love you
keep it up
>>
>>40881942
Losing muscle on the days you eat zero protein isn't good though.
>>
>>40882024
>muh gains

https://www.reddit.com/r/leangains/comments/356gyl/results_with_pics_of_my_accelerated_lean_gains_cut/
>>
>>40882021
>still, you are all gonna make it
>I love you
>keep it up

T-thanks anon
>>
>>40878551
Lost five pounds /fit/!

Only 50 more to go :)
>>
when do i stop hating myself?
>>
>40lbs away from being officially overweight instead of obese
I can feeeeeel it
>>
>>40882247
today, by eating healthy and working out.
>>
>just ate 3 oranges
I'm not gonna make it am I?
>>
>>40881878
118 since 308 and my arms are kinda droopy
belly seems fine, but I still have a huge gut
>>
>>40882285
Weigh your motherfucking food before you eat it
>>
>>40882293
The stomach fat always seems to be the last thing to go.
>>
>>40882264
i'm at 244 right now. to get a "normal" bmi i'll have to get down to 184. we're all gonna make it
>>
I have a major problem. I cooked up all of my chicken breasts, planning on doing my meal prep for the next week after dinner last night. I've been eating dinner late because I can't fall asleep if I'm hungry. But, I fell asleep in my chair right after I ate last night, before putting my chicken away. Is it ruined, or can it be saved?
>>
>>40880398
How the hell do you gain 7lbs in 3 days?
>>
>>40878575
>When did you go from being a fatty to just being fat?
if you're fat, you're a fatty
>>
>>40879460
>Which type of Cardio is best?
swimming, walking, stairs, running

in that order
>>
>>40879889
5/10 doesn't look amazing but it looks good
>>
>>40882433
I leave shit out all the time and eat it without a problem. If it was raw, I'd throw it out, but if it's cooked, I don't give it a second thought and eat it.
However, I would change your plans keeping it for the week unless you freeze some. Normally, cooked chicken is safe to eat for 3-4 days and that's if you put it in the fridge an hour or two after it's made.
>>
>>40881607
they are the same
it's a metaphor man
>>
File: QTbeef5.gif (918KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
QTbeef5.gif
918KB, 320x240px
>>40882021
>>
are tortillas healthy?

above all, I like my food easy to prepare
slapping some chicken and veggies in one of these sounds easy
>>
>>40882558
not particularly. but they're not cancerous.
>>
>>40882558
Go for whole-wheat tortillas
>>
>>40882558
not as bad as bread
>>
>tfw been losing weight for a while
>first date ever this weekend

thanks for keeping me going lads, although i still have a long way to go
>>
File: body-fat-percentage-men.jpg (650KB, 900x1215px) Image search: [Google]
body-fat-percentage-men.jpg
650KB, 900x1215px
post stats friends
>>
File: body-fat-percentage-women.jpg (704KB, 900x1215px) Image search: [Google]
body-fat-percentage-women.jpg
704KB, 900x1215px
>>40882624
>>
>>40882558
Like everyone said, not really. I do buy these great spinach and herb wraps because they're convenient and taste good anyway.
>>
>>40879126
Are you talking about the one who went to the ER and got a feeding tube without telling Dr Now and undid her gastric bypass? She wasn't malnourished, the ER docs probably heard "dizzy" and "massive weight loss" and drew that conclusion
>>
>>40882624
I'm just below 30%, def above 25. 6 feet, 97 kg.
>>
File: image.png (79KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
79KB, 640x1136px
starting the day off with a good shoulders & back workout, then a 100 calorie muscle milk.

>cutting is no bueno
>still have to go run later
>kill me
>>
File: fit.jpg (211KB, 1230x947px) Image search: [Google]
fit.jpg
211KB, 1230x947px
>>40882624
See the issue with charts like these is that they don't take into account how much muscle you have
>>
File: image.png (5KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5KB, 205x246px
>>40882624
I'm DEFINITELY 27.5%

>tfw built fat
>tfw you've NEVER cut down enough to see abs

Hold me /fit/
>DNP is in my future cause I'm a fucking loser
>>
>>40882630
My body shape is so weird that it's hard to tell, but I think it's 35%
>>
>>40882624
probably 25 ish
it's hard to tell, my doctor believes i have muscle because I weigh a lot more than i look. I look overweight, 200ish but i weigh 230, then again my doctor is puerto rican
>>
>>40882669
B2 is my goal. A2 is my dream goal
>>
>>40882630
>30% women
>still hot as fuck
>30% men
>disgusting fat pig
wew
>>
>>40882669
B4 is cutest.
>>
File: IMG_20170329_164013363.jpg (126KB, 1077x808px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170329_164013363.jpg
126KB, 1077x808px
Have a snack /fat/
>you've earned it :^)
>>
>>40880974
>http://www.vox.com/2016/4/28/11518804/weight-loss-exercise-myth-burn-calories
>The researchers behind the study found that people who have had success losing weight share a few things in common: They weigh themselves at least once a week. They restrict their calorie intake, stay away from high-fat foods, and watch their portion sizes. They also exercise regularly.
So... what everyone here should be doing
>>
>>40882731
Too much sugar. And why do you need snack for, that shit isn't productive.
>>
>>40882723
Women and men put on fat differently. Men get it distributed evenly while women dont and also women need more fat than men
>>
>>40882731
Yesterday I overate by around 100 calories worth of cherry tomatoes. I also ran a 5k. I don't give a fuck
>>
>>40882723
>wow genetics are different that's so craaaazy

20 - 30% body fat is peak healthy levels for women.
>>
>>40882739
This. Coffee is a good "snack" because it's more wholesome than just water and it curbs apetite.
>>
>>40882744
5k will burn 250-350ish calories depending on speed
>>
>>40882731
That's a pretty large snack. I'd just eat a slightly bigger serving of cashews.
>>
>>40882749
EC stack is better snack
>>
>>40882731
i'd either eat the cashews or grapes and nothing else
>>
File: 1490786011.jpg (183KB, 1200x859px) Image search: [Google]
1490786011.jpg
183KB, 1200x859px
Did some meal prep for the first time yesterday.

Since I fucking love just plain brown rice, chicken, and broccoli, I decided to do four meal and eat one every next day at work. Also drinking a protein&banana&espresso smoothie. Calories tell me everything's great, didn't touch any shitty stuff today.

If I can keep this kind of diet going for the next few weeks, maybe sometimes changing the type of vegetables or getting some sweet potatos instead of rice, I think I'll be good.

Anyone else here has some tips on meal prep? Is it possible to prep stuff for 5 days and it won't go bad in the fridge? I keep my rice, broccoli, and meat in seperate containers and mix them up in the morning as needed.
>>
>>40882763
So is death
>>
>>40882725
that's not A2
>>
>>40882669
I'm between 1D and 2D. I want to work my way into bear mode territory.
>>
>>40882785
Did you steam the broccoli? Will it be any good microwaved? I usually prep for almost a week and haven't died yet. Still steam my veggies everytime, atleast microwaved carrots are disgusting
>>
>>40882800
You must be underage.
>>
>>40882785
Chicken breast meal prep'd turns into a rubber tire after 1 day in the fridge
>>
>>40882731
>kiwi with skin

The roof of my mouth itches just looking at it.
>>
>>40882840
Put baby carrots in the oven on 450 for around 40 minutes to 1 hour. Lightly salt and pepper, it's good as fuck
>>
>>40882899
>Put baby carrots in your mouth, it's good as fuck

fify
>>
File: 1488486719082.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488486719082.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>40881595
>5500±500kcal on high-volume training days
it's not fair.
>>
File: phelps.jpg (182KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
phelps.jpg
182KB, 1280x720px
>>40882962
You can do it too if you swim for hours and hours every day
>>
>>40882984
MIKE eats HOT DOGS and WINS GOLD MEDALS while you eat KALE and manage your DEFICIT
>>
>>40883001
gotta eat big to swim fast man.
>>
is having normal milk in coffee bad
>>
>>40883094
if you count it in your calories and don't go over it's fine.
>>
>>40882630
>33%
>body doesn't look that good
Man fat distribution sure is weird. Can't wait to not be overweight for the first time in my life though
>>
>>40883146
>>33%
>>body doesn't look that good
probably more than 33% with zero muscles.
>>
>>40882247
Is only partly related to weight loss, you gotta, like, do other stuff
>>
>>40882264
>tfw 12 lbs away from being overweight instead of obese

I can TASTE it
>>
>>40882307
Does any one know why this is, I would love to know the science behind it so I don't wanna kill myself waiting for my stomach to go bye bye
>>
>>40882606
Wow good on you, keep us updated on how it goes!
>>
>>40882630
Closest one is 40% tbqh
>>
>>40883224
It's the area with highest fat percentage in most male bodies. It remains so as you lose total body fat. Consequently, abs are the last thing to get definition.
>>
>>40882731
>the amount of cream in that coffee

Gross anon
>>
>>40881346
not gonna make it fatty
>>
>>40882751
Still puts me at a ~600 calorie deficit for the day. Every calculator I've used sets me at 300-350 calories for my run
>>
File: tastesgoodman.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
tastesgoodman.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
What is /fat/ having for lunch?

Pic related, its my lunch.
>>
>>40883447
10 oz Beef roast with 100 cal of teriyaki sauce
>>
>>40878551
Can I still post if I'm not fat? Used to be overweight, dropped 25 pounds, and I've been struggling for the past 6 months to lose the final ten pounds and get a body that looks like it works out as much as I actually do.

Two weeks ago I realized I had been lying to MFP, not reporting some things, not measuring, figuring a cheat meal that turned into a cheat weekend was fine. Since then, I started actually eating healthy, not just calorie restricting. I replaced all my daily snacks with fruits or vegetables, and make real food in large batches to eat over several days, with an emphasis on veggies. I have to say, I feel amazing! I've already dropped 3 of my ten pounds, I'm never hungry and usually finish the day 200 or more calories under my already restricted goal, even after treating myself to some delicious cinnamon berry oatmeal. I cannot recommend fruits (apples, oranges, clementines, berries are all great snacks with low calories) and vegetables (roast a bunch at the beginning of the week or pair with hummus) enough to replace your daily snacks and even be the center of your meals.

After eating clean for two weeks I find it easier to resist cravings too. Work had our bi-monthly Bavarian pretzel sale yesterday and I didn't even want one.
>>
>>40883447
Quinoa with chopped peppers, onion, avocado, and chicken sausage. 350 calories and keeps me full until dinner. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>40882624
Got measured. Got 35%

Feels bad man.

But at least it is a good sign that my pants feel more loose and I needed to up my belt notch once?
>>
>>40880263
i'm poor and george is all i got :(
>>
File: IMG_20150218_184124.jpg (541KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150218_184124.jpg
541KB, 2592x1944px
>>40883447
bit peckish today
>>
>>40883471
>Can I still post if I'm not fat?
yes ofc, recovered fatties are welcome
>>
>>40883696
REEEEEEEEEEE CHEESE AND WHITE BREAD AND BREADED CHICKEN
>>
File: 1455435427684.webm (635KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1455435427684.webm
635KB, 854x480px
>>40878551
/fat/ - Weight Loss General Anonymous 03/29/17(Wed)04:30:44 No.40878551â–¶>>40878575 >>40878646 >>40882202 >>40883471

Ginger tea is still based edition

Old thread at 300lbs >>40872426 →

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of /fit/ who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
https://tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/
>>
>>40883696
do you have autism?
that looks like what my autistic brother eats every day
>>
>>40883782
you did it wrong m9
>>
>>40883782

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>40883782
Wtf happened here
>>
>>40883782
>not using a fat wojak in the OP AGAIN REEE fix this
>>
>>40883782
BRRRAAAAP
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (117KB, 731x674px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
117KB, 731x674px
Started my cut 1st this march, was 93kg. Weighted myself this week - 87kg. Lifts are starting to stall, but not too much.

Picture is what I usually eat every day, plus couple more fruits sometimes.

I have at least another month or two to this cut.
>>
>>40878757
Fuck your "confess your cheat meals" shit. There are no cheat meals. Just meals you ate something out of the ordinary and should have counted the calories for anyway. You went over your target for the day, you went over.
>>
>>40879220
Eat celery instead
Or smoke+black coffee instead
You can buy diet hot cocoa and put it in the coffee
>>
>>40881272
>>40883972
It's just a 1 oz bag. I don't go grab a shitload out of a tub or something. 170 calories and I don't feel like eating for hours after
>>
You fatties need to stop comforting each other over every stupid little stumble, or crying about it here. This "oh I'll do better" horseshit is how you got out of control in the first place. There is no making it up. Stop compounding your bad decisions with more bad decisions.
>>
>>40883991
If it fits in your calories than you should be fine
>>
>>40878551
/fat/ here, was 275lb in 2013, lost a ton of weight and went 165lb. On 2015 I got a good job opportunity, I started to make 6x what I used to make. Life got too comfortable, now I'm at 220lb again and realized too late how I was getting obese again. I started c25k again, week 4 atm, hopefully I can lose this shit again by October in time for winter bulk
>>
>>40882840
Yeah, I always steam by chicken and broccoli, cook my rice, then put it all in one container and microwave it at work - tastes perfect if you let it sit there for 1-2 minutes, then stir it a little and put it in for another minute.
>>
>>40880974
Does exercise help with weight loss? Yes, but not that much.

The problem is the article tries to spin this fact to mean you shouldn't exercise while trying to lose weight. This is not only wrong it is killing people. Exercise protects you from so many diseases, helps keep lean body mass while losing, and significantly improves your overall health. And that's in addition to the extra few pounds you'll lose.

So even if you don't exercise for weight loss, exercise for improving your health.
>>
>>40878551

I never post on /fit/ anymore. But just wanted to say that in 2010 I was 365 lb at 6'5. XXL shirt, 42 inch waist. Decided to change

I got down to 195 within 1.5-2 years after 2010. And have since bulked up to 215. 6 pack, nice gains, 10% body fat.

It's all possible and you're all gonna make it brahs
>>
>>40884688
You have a similar starting point to me. How is the lose skin at 195m
>>
>>40884737

It was weird. When I got to 215 I had just a tiny amount of lose skin that was only noticeable when I bent over and a little bit on my ass to give me a granny looking ass. Once I got to 195 though it sort of disappeared. Kind of like it "snapped" into place. Maybe due to my height and young age.

At 215 now that I'm bulked I have 0 lose skin
>>
>>40883447
plain mashed potatoes and chicken breast, all smothered in black pepper
>>
>>40884754
Age?
>>
>>40884688
I had a 42 inch waist and wore XXL at 290 6'5, so you're lying about something.
>>
>>40878757
had two slices of pizza, two packs of fruit snacks yesterday. very likely went above maintenance as i had 1000 kcal worth of protein from pork and chicken earlier. very annoyed with myself, today is a serious cut of two chicken breast (small) and a pro series muscle milk. also intense cardio planned for today and tomorrow.
>>
>>40884939
I thought it sounded like BS with that XXL shirt size at a whopping 365
>>
>>40884644
The problem is many people can't go from no exercise and shit diet to regular exercise and good diet at the same time. Exercising more when you're not used to it makes you more hungry, which will offset whatever you burned off if you are just eating whatever. If you can only do one or the other, which one is better for you?
>>
>down to 222.8l bs
>from 250.2 lbs at my heaviest
feelsGoodMan.jpg
I still got 22.8 lbs to go. Not there yet.
I'll post pics once I edit them a bit.
>>
File: IMG_7064.jpg (1MB, 2931x2604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7064.jpg
1MB, 2931x2604px
>>40885071
Looking at it, you can't see much, but I see a difference IRL and that makes me happy
>>
File: IMG_7658.jpg (592KB, 2775x2071px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7658.jpg
592KB, 2775x2071px
>>40885132
Took this yesterday.
>>
>>40885141
Cool dick.
Did losing weight give you dick gains ?
>>
>>40885171
I gained an inch of length, and with the weight loss my libido surged an insane amount.
>>
>>40878757
I'm bulimic. Last night i ate an entire bag of chips and then purged. Hate myself
>>
File: 123.jpg (32KB, 500x416px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
32KB, 500x416px
>225lbs 5'8
>now 160lbs

Still feel overweight but where should I start in terms of exercise?
Should I start with basic cardio or should I look into something like weightlifting to build muscle?
I don't know anything about exercise at this point. I've read through some of the info on the sticky, but I was wondering if anyone here could point me in the right direction.
>>
>>40885318
>weightlifting to build muscle
skinny fat is not what you want
>>
>>40885318
Start with bodyweight when you're ready; keep at that for 4-6 weeks. Situps, crunches, pushups, pullups, chinups, and bodysquats are all good.

But don't start lifting yet. if you still feel overweight stick with cardio until you're skinny. If you start lifting weights right now your body is gonna get stuck in a skinnyfat mode where you're not losing any weight, but not putting on any muscle. If you want to build mass, do that. If you wanna lose weight, lose it. Don't do both at the same time.
>>
>>40885349
That gives me a good idea of where to start, thanks for the help man
>>
>>40885349
>t anorexic
>>40885318
you should start lifting and learn proper form, increased muscle mass will help you lose whatever weight you think you need to lose and help with "feeling fat" by making your body look better in general instead of being a scrawny fag with a beer gut.
>>
>>40885375
No problem. It's hard when you don't have guidance. I understand.

>>40885381
I'm not anorexic though? I'm just saying, if you're eating at a caloric deficit, don't start lifting weights, because your body won't have enough calories to do everything, and you'll end up tiring yourself out and then eating more. If you lift weights, make sure to eat right. If you lose weight, make sure to eat less. You can't do both at the same time, hence bulking and cutting seasons
>>
>>40885419
>hence bulking and cutting seasons
you still lift when you're on a cut idiot.
you don't just stop lifting for months at a time because you feel fat
>>
i can now walk around my community without getting sore

this is a big deal for me
>>
>>40885431
Yes, you're right. My bad.

I was thinking he wants to bulk and cut at the same time, which you can't do.
>>
Sorry if this is a bit off topic but I'm one of the fat guy who start exercising and have a question.
How to do you guys deal with muscle pain?
>>
>>40885505
you just deal with DOMS, it goes away and eventually with consistent movement you don't get it anymore.
>>
>>40885505
What type of pain?
>>
Are sunflower seeds a decent snack? I know the salt is high, but it's a slow-eating snack I keep at my desk at work.
>>
>>40885582
post seed stats
>>
File: 20170329_133826.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170329_133826.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>40885595
>>
>>40885521
The pain start about a day after my exercise, it hurts when I stretch/move the muscle. I think it's what>>40885520 said. Pain killer helps until the effect wear off.
>>
>>40885060
If you can only do one, diet is better because being overweight or obese is very bad for your health.

But doing both is far better for your health.
>>
>>40885633
if it's too bad get a foam roller and massage the pain out.
>tfw it's diddly day
>>
>>40885505

If it's actual pain, then reevaluate what you're doing. It could be DOMS, but DOMS generally hurt in a good way. Exercise shouldn't really be causing you pain.
>>
>>40885633
Yeah if it's DOMS just stretch and you'll get past it.
>>
>>40885664
>but DOMS generally hurts in a good way
oh the things we tell ourselves
>>
>>40879101
>Not doing fish and a rice cake diet

https://youtu.be/fae8gvRiiCM
>>
>>40885678
It does though. No better feeling than waking up after chest day and feeling that slight soreness in my pectorals when I stretch.
>>
>>40885705
>muscles you can rest feel good
>doesn't talk about squat DOMS or diddly DOMS
>>
>>40885726

Those both feel amazing as well. I don't really get DOMS from deads anymore but squat DOMS feel great too.
>>
>>40885661
>>40885665
Thanks will put these tips to work right away.
>>
File: 1490146394514.jpg (38KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1490146394514.jpg
38KB, 1280x738px
Rate my lunch please
>50g lettuce
>30g tomato
>10g broccoli
>50g chicken breast

>200ml soup (I made it with potatoes, chicken, onions, chard and celery, but only for the taste)

My TDEE is 2100cal and I'm trying to have a 1000cal deficit.

How can I calculate the stats of my soup if I'm not eating the solids? I'm new to this stuff.
>>
>>40885833
that's a lot of chicken it's almost 10 times the weight of the lettuce
>>
>>40885861
>chicken is denser than lettuce
>50 grams of chicken is "more" than 50 grams of lettuce

you almost had it right.
>>
>>40885833
>50g chicken breast

Body can only process 30g of chicken breast in one sitting
>>
>>40885861
But they're both 50g.
>But chicken is heavier than lettuce

>>40886050
Really?
Where I can read more about this?
>>
>>40879632
>trying to lose weight
>breakfast
>>
>>40886202
But chicken IS heavier than lettuce
>>
>>40886202
grams is mass not weight.

even so, 50g of chicken would be smaller than 50g of lettuce because density.
>>
>>40886239
So? Weight is mass * gravitational acceleration.
That means 50 * 9.81 = 50 * 9.81
>>
>>40886271
density matters when talking about foods because 50grams of lettuce is going to have a lot more volume than 50 grams of chicken.

eating 50 grams of chicken is a lot easier than 50grams of lettuce.
>>
File: 1482973212819.png (22KB, 804x743px) Image search: [Google]
1482973212819.png
22KB, 804x743px
>>40886239
>mfw teachin niggas about density
>>
>>40885520
I got DOMS for like my first week of lifting but since then I've been. If it doesn't go away or if its acute pain and not diffuse you should probably stop and ask a doctor if it doesn't go away.
>>
>>40886584
>it goes away and eventually with consistent movement you don't get it anymore.
>>
I'm gonna start swimming once a week, doing laps n sheeeit

I used to be a swimmer, on a team and everything, and then moved to a new area and my middle and high school had no pool and my house had no pool. I haven't swam for 7 years at least and i fucking miss it.
>>
Someone make a new thread
>>
>>40883001
swim faggot.
>>
>>40886903
>40878551
On it
>>
>>40886929
>>40886929
>>40886929

NEW THREAD

>>40886929
>>40886929
>>40886929
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.