[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Protein cap?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5304.jpg (23KB, 360x140px)
IMG_5304.jpg
23KB, 360x140px
Is it possible to max out on processible protein during a meal? Here's what I mean: So each morning I have a protein shake when I wake up, and then I eat a protein rich breakfast. My buddy told me that this is pointless, because my body can't process that much protein in one sitting, and that much of the protein is going to waste. Is there any truth to this?
>>
>>40866628
It's broscience, as long as you hit your daily protein goal it's fine. It's recommended to be spread out though since a bunch of protein at once = awful farts
>>
You can only process up to 30g of protein in a 2 hr period
>>
>>40866691
Source?
>>
>>40866691
How are you meant to get 200g in a day then?
>>
>>40866731
You only process 30g in 2h, to get 200g you wait 10 hours.
How the fuck is everyone counting calories and weighing food if you can even do math?
>>
Your buddy got one thing wrong. You don't digest food in just a couple of hours. You can eat 100g of protein in one sitting and still process it all since your body digests it bit by bit.
>>
>>40866691
>>40866944

Top bait
>>
>>40866731
You do not need 200g of protein unless you are juicing. The body just cannot use it all
>>
>>40866628

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JE-wdA3PHw
>>
>>40866628

I cant be assed to find it but you can have about 300g of protein sitting in you bolus (gut acid and spit) at any one time while it is digested, how quickly this happens depends on the type of the protein

Basically unless your eating like 500g a day of protein it is going to be digested and enter your blood stream

How your body uses it is another matter.
>>
>>40866628
Well if your body doesn't need it then it will either be converted to fats or excreted, however you also digest food over hours so all your meals overlap a bit.

The effect is relatively small then but i guess it may be slightly better to try spread it out. Dont go too heavy on it though, remember sheer carbs are what will be your limiting factor, not protein.
>>
>>40868315
This. The fact that myprotein and mens health shilling has such an effect on /fit/ is embarrassing. Protip: those cover models didnt get big via scoops, but they did get rich.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.