[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is going to be incredibly embarrassing posting this, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: imfucked.jpg (57KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
imfucked.jpg
57KB, 720x960px
This is going to be incredibly embarrassing posting this, but I hope I can get some good recommendations.

I am currently 6'3" and 215 lbs. I have three months before summer classes start (I'm returning to university), and I don't want to look like a nasty blob when I get there.

My diet is atrocious. I eat fast food 1-2x per day, and my snacks are chocolate. All I drink is coca cola or pepsi. 1-1.5 litres per day.

If I manage to clean up my diet and eat healthier foods (not strictly counting calories, but eating healthy), mixed with cardio and some basic weightlifting/bodyweight...would I be able to see some noticeable changes in three months time?

I think what I need to do is gain mass in my shoulders and lose fat EVERYWHERE. My fat deposits are a joke.

What is someone in my situation supposed to do? Cut, bulk, or just eat healthy, work out, and hope for the best? I am not really interested in starting strength and would prefer something else if possible, mixed in with cardio.
>>
>>40866361
Cut out all soda and candy.

Fast food is ok if you stay under maintenance.

Lift and do cardio.
>>
>>40866361
SS + GOMAD
>>
Read the sticky, retard.
>>
>>40866361

Here is your problem - you say you have left 3 months when you have all your life in front. You had to think earlier and now when you have less time you want way fix. Even if you cut you will look the same, like a slob. Change your mind before you want to change your body.
>>
>>40866405

*Easy fix, not way. Damn autocorrect.
>>
>>40866361
You have absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about. What you really need to do is a re-composition, change some of that weight into muscle.

I'm 6'2 and I started off January 3rd at 215 pounds, 28 years old. I have been sedentary my entire life and smoked cigarettes. I ate fast food and processed food constantly. I decided to make a change so I quit smoking and replaced it with the gym every single day. You can't just "hope for the best" -- you need to get an idea of how much you eat every day and the only way to do that is count calories.

Stop drinking soda. When you're thirsty drink water. When you're not thirsty drink water. Just drink water and stop buying soda. When you cut out sugary foods like sodas and candies for a while, when you come back to them to have a little bit you'll realize how incredibly sweet they are. You're addicted but the good thing about the addictions you have is that the withdrawal symptoms involve losing weight and looking really good.

You should lift because it'll give you a sense of pride and happiness. You should do cardio because you need CARIDOVASCULAR CONDITIONING. I started off by doing cardio before lifting weights but I realized it was ass-backwards because I'd hold back during cardio to save energy for my lifts and then still be missing some of the energy.

You aren't in bad shape honestly. Add muscle mass and eat right. But don't pretend you are going to be able to fix your diet without counting calories, because you most likely have no idea how much you really eat.

Just to recap:
Eat healthy whole foods and stop drinking soda.
Lift weights three or four days a week and do cardio after you're done lifting. Do extra cardio on your days off from lifting.
I have noticed incredible results. I weighed 215, now I weigh around 194. I have gained a significant amount of muscle mass (I don't look huge obviously but I notice the changes and so does everyone else) and I feel entirely more comfortable in my own skin.
>>
File: imfucked2.jpg (67KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
imfucked2.jpg
67KB, 720x960px
>>40866375
Any easy very beginner lifting someone can do? I was looking into just doing pushups/situps/pullups for a couple months to build up some basic strength before moving onto weights. Any merit to that?

>>40866378
The sticky is very complex IMO and I believe it's more tailored to people looking to bodybuild, no?

Anyway here is a pic of me in clothes. You can see it's just ridiculous.
>>
honestly you're not too bad right now. If you drop the junk and soda, and do something like couch to 5k, you will notice some difference in 3 months time. However, try not to worry so much about what others will think of you and don't rush the process.

I recommend, if you're REALLY serious, to set a 2 year goal.

>t. looked like you 6 months ago, lost 35 pounds of fat and replaced with lean muscle
>>
>>40866415

You look 30. Are you 30? I am almost 30 and I look like a student.
>>
>>40866431
I'm >>40866412

What kind of emotional and self esteem changes have you noticed?
>>
>>40866431
forgot to mention, focus on squats, deadlifts, bench for 2-3 months. Don't forget to do some extra exercises in addition to those 3 core lifts. Then look into doing PPL (google it).
>>
>>40866446
I'm 22 currently, was 200 lbs in september and now down to 165.

I've been a lot happier with life. I started seeing, as gay as this sounds, more beauty in the world and have decided I want to live, whereas previously I was suicidal and obviously extremely depressed.

The exercising + a bad acid trip I had pretty much changed my life.
>>
>>40866486
I feel you there. It's not a gay at all (except for the time we spend admiring other men). For the first time in my life I notice I'm smiling for no reason. I don't mind being alone anymore. I also struggled with depression and suicidal thoughts. Just being able to say to myself that I've gotten this far, even though it's only been 3 months, feels really significant. I want to continue on this path for as long as I can.

Also did a lot of hallucinogens but it didn't really change my thinking.
>>
>>40866512
It only gets better from here as long as you stay strong. We're all gonna make it.

>>40866415
Also, t. looked.. again, shave you beard thing, wear better shirts, and learn to smile man
>>
>>40866405
Interesting...

>>40866412
Thank you for the detailed response. What kind of lifting should I do?

>>40866446
I am 24.
>>
>>40866361
dont you have to troll /fa/ or something? I know you have very little going on in your life.
>>
>>40866415
>>40866361
you look 100% normal and not a blob.

instead of panicking and going all out and cramming your muscle gain/weight loss, take it gradually and improve yourself during the year. ie take baby steps until you have momentum. wanting instant gains is a sure fired way of failure, but wanting to make good habits is the path to success.

first thing is to cut out soda though, 1-1.5 litres is pretty fucked health wise.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.