[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My coworkers think I am weird for taking a walk on my lunch break

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (5KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 272x185px
Some of these people cant make it a quarter mile before huffing and puffing

what is happening to society
>>
its the fact that you're walking, they think you're weird because your mannerisms are socially awkward/you are weird in general

>haha yeah it lets me stretch and clear my mind, im sure you do something for clarity, too

coming from chad and they wouldn't think twice, coming from you its weirdo shit. Stop thinking that the only reason other people think negatively of you is because of them, and not you
>>
>>40861549
if you go around assuming ppl think negatively of you then you already lost brother

>>40861502

fuckem. It's just you in this world that cares about you. if you are an overweight person they are just crabs in a bucket trying to bring you back down. if you are already fit then invite them. Chances are they all hang out outside in the "smoke pit" or something to that effect and choke on cigarettes every day for lunch.

fuckem
>>
I eat my entire lunch while in a Slavic squat position
>>
I stand while working and people have stated that it blatantly pisses them off. Don't give a damn what others think, do what's good for you. If it gives you that needed clarity and some bonus gains, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing it.
>>
>>40862735

>if you go around assuming ppl think negatively of you then you already lost brother

its not "negatively thinking", its just the simple fact that there is nothing wrong with walking during your break. The only reason somebody would give you trouble for it is if they already gave you trouble before they found out. The whole "holier than thou" attitude can be smelled from a mile away
>>
>>40861502
you subconsciously make them feel insecure about themselves, therefore they call you weird to make themselves feel better, i.e. "normal"
>>
>>40861502

My cousin gets up at 6am every morning to run/climb/cycle before work.

I went on holiday with him and he decided he wanted to go back to the hotel at 10pm from the pub because he wanted to have a jog in the morning and not have a hangover.

I could understand if he was lifting for aesthetics, but he's a dyel T-Rex mode road cycling, body condom faggot.

All of his girlfriends leave him because he's a boring limp wristed lefty.
>>
>>40861502

My coworkers think I am weird because I dont talk to them except to make snarky ass comments or jokes. I even told one who wouldnt stop trying to talk to me that I'm here to work not make friends and they didnt take that well. They expect me to share my life story with them and tell them about everything I do outside work like its their business and I'm not about that life.
>>
>>40863128
Yeah I bring my katana to work too, some of a weaker mind are afraid of my ability, but the management knows of great talents assembling subway sandwiches, so I get a pass, those who can't make the cut unfortunately, get the cut. If you know what I'm saying heh
>>
>>40861502
Say it's doctor's orders and make it seem like you don't want to do it then they will leave you alone.

>>40863128
You are imposing a glass ceiling on your career. Being liked never stopped anybody from succeeding/advancing, if anything it always helps. Being disliked makes it much harder to advance in the workplace because no matter how good your work is objectively, your co-workers can belittle you subjectively. You have to understand what the right 'fit' means in an organization. It means telling pieces of your life so people can build trust and relate to you. You never want people to know you are better than them, you always want to give the illusion they are better than you and their life is more interesting that your life, that way they won't be threatened by you and your advancement opportunities will increase.

Make up a work identity and build on it year after year until it becomes natural, separating your life from this work persona. Never tell your co-workers you work out in a gym, just say you did 'x' sport in high school and do yoga currently. Never tell your co-workers you had a better weekend than them. Year after year, job after job co-workers ask me how I stay in such good shape and I tell them I played some football in high school and took up cycling in college and they buy it 100%. Every weekend when co-workers ask me what I do I always tell them about some trivial interaction I had with a cashier that was nice, spent time friends ambiguously, consumed some mainstream media, and did my laundry on Sunday. Make up reasons you couldn't have an exciting weekend. Make up a friend who is funny or you help out, etc.

If you wanna climb the corporate ladder you better learn how to relate to those around you, whether they are co-workers or subordinates, if not it doesn't matter how impressive your skill set is, you will hit a glass ceiling because you poisoned the well with arrogance.
>>
>>40863043
Does he race?
>>
>>40861502
I train for a half marathon but sit down at lunch, how the fuck would you eat when you need to hold your food, how autistic are you, sit down with your coworkers ffs
>>
>>40863330
These all seem like good advice, but wouldn't that "pretending" be tiresome in the long run?
>>
>>40863470
Haven't even made it out of grad school and my alternate professional persona is exhausting me.
>>
>>40863470
Gotta fake it till you make it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.