[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Faster 5k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1488684454612.gif (2MB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
1488684454612.gif
2MB, 420x236px
Do any of you guys know a beginner/intermediate running plan for a faster 5k? I can already run a 5k in less than 30 minutes and I want to get that time into the low 20's but every plan I find is for complete beginners just wanting to complete a 5k. Any advice?
>>
>>40857005
run the couch to 5k program starting over at the beginning of it but focus on intervals and speed
>>
File: nike lunarglide 7.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
nike lunarglide 7.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
>>40857005
>>40857049
or look up and integrate fartleks into your normal training schedule
>>
>>40857005

There is a book called "Daniels Running Formula." Find a copy and based off of your current experience and ability, pick one of the programs at the back and follow. The book is in the third edition but for your purposes the second will do if you can buy it cheaper that way.
>>
>>40857005
>less than 30 minutes

>>>/fat/
>>
You really dont need a program unless you are trying to go below 18 minutes. Just run
>>
yo, not OP but fallowing running bro here.

>does pic related really work?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>40857248
Forgot pic
>>
>>40857005
Did you try running faster?
>>
>>40857248

I'd say ~90% accurate. You'll know whether you're going 9 vs 10 minute miles, but not 9 vs 9:30.
>>
http://halhigdon.com/training/

Get to running fatty. See you at the meet.
>>
>>40857005
just run more lol. It only gets difficult once you start trying to break 20 minutes
>>
>>40857680
Close enough, this pedometer cost $10 USD vs $99 for a fitbit
>>
>>40858463

I would recommend just mapping out a route on mapmyrun or google maps. You don't need in the moment updates on pace unless you're training seriously in which case you can just go to a track anyway.
>>
You're not going to get a whole lot of solid in depth answers on a message board, as a fully in depth training plan spans many months. But a previous poster was right about the jack daniels book, it's a solid read.
>>
Why does every noob want a "workout plan" when the answer is just keep going? I dropped my mile time from 9 minutes to 5:45, and although it's not the best yet, I did it with my own "program.

Unless you're competing at a high level or taking drugs, you don't need some advanced and meticulous workout plan. Just keep running both distance, and sprinting
>>
>>40857141
If you need a programme, definitely this.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.