[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Raising a child

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: speech bubble.png (17KB, 124x111px) Image search: [Google]
speech bubble.png
17KB, 124x111px
Don't have a kid nor am I expecting anytime soon but I was curious as to how /fit/ would/is/has raised their child(ren) and the differences in strategy between genders. To keep it /fit/ related, the main task at hand is: What sports/fitness programs would you teach them as they grew, please include both male and female strategies in your post and age estimates. I'll include mine in a separate post as I too would enjoy speculating on the process of raising a child in the future.
>>
For both male and female child I would wait until the age of 8 to ask them what sport they would like to play and structure a fitness routine and diet around the sport, whether it be football, soccer, hockey etc.
>Male
Once they have reached their teens I'd suggest a combat sport to try to teach them discipline and defense in the event of an emergency. I'd be harsh but not overbearing when it comes to academic studies and help whenever I can. I'd teach them my outlook on life and what it means to me but also tell them to come up with their own conclusions as that is what we are here for. The urge to study history and philosophy would be there too.

>Female
Be strict on rules so she can't get out of hand(this too for the boy) and make it well known who the parent in the relationship is. In her teens I'd spoil her every so often but also teach her the importance of working for reward. Show her how to shoot for defense in addition to combat sport classes(not those frilly seminars that teach aim for the scrotum, every man unless he was sheltered knows how to protect the jewels). Tell her that anything is possible but not without testing your mettle and showing that you can do what you want to do. In the end try to save enough money for her so she can live an easy life.

In both cases I would love each to the best of my ability and never get angry and yell at them, instead show them what they did wrong and how to right it. Hunting would also be taught to both children.
>>
>>40852130
boxing and jiu jitsu starting at 8-10, regardless of gender. for a girl, i'd emphasize judo as they reach their teen years to compensate for sexual dimorphism, and i'd have my son's training lean towards kickboxing to maintain/improve flexibility.
both would be weight training when they're physically capable, probably 14-16.
cardio would come in the form of playing outside with either me, their mother, or their friends (until they're old enough to have other obligations or it becomes unrealistic, then running/biking/swimming a couple times a week).
>>
Probably laterally until he grew too heavy then clean it
>>
Sometimes I find myself hoping that some of the people here just never find a wife because I'm worried about how they would treat their daughters. I have a little sister and whenever I see women hate threads I want to tell her to just become a lesbian.
>>
>>40852518
That sounds really good.
>>40852683
God damn being the dad of a daughter must be the most stress inducing jobs on the planet.
>>
>>40852729
See? This shit right here. Your daughter would be YOUR DAUGHTER your child. It's your responsibility to raise her and love her and bring her up right. If she turns out to be a spoiled bitch that's your fault for failing as a parent and/or marrying a woman who isn't a good partner. This "women are innately shit" attitude makes me think you would be a shitty father and a crappy husband.
>>
>>40852767
>This "women are innately shit" attitude makes me think you would be a shitty father and a crappy husband.
When did I say this? or are you talking to the woman hate thread?
>>
>>40852130
I'd beat them until they could beat me
>>
>>40852826
The woman hate thread.
>>
File: 1480657748021.png (3KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1480657748021.png
3KB, 450x450px
>>40852844
Dude, no.
>>
>>40852866
IF THEY WANT TO BECOME LEADER OF THIS TRIBE THEY SHALL EARN IT THROUGH HAND TO HAND COMBAT
>>
>>40852538
kek'd
>>
>>40852130
Tell them day one that they will live in a shitty hot world where there's too many people and not enough food so wars, floods, migration and suffering everywhere and that all our oxygen will run out in a century when the phytoplankton die out due to global warming.

Then tell him he/she will therefore need to work hard to not die.

I tell them this at age 6 and watch him become a ruthless villain who can pass on my genes.
>>
>>40852875
I'm all for traditional parenting but that is a little extreme.
>>
I'd make them participate in one sports league. I don't care what it is, it can even be dance. They would just need to partake in one regular physical exercise program.
>>
>>40852908
Solid
>>
>>40852982
Just make sure it's something that makes them happy or they'll end up "hating sports".
>>
My children can do whatever the fuck they like but I would prefer they played a contact team sport.

A martial art would be sweet also but no big deal if they don't want to.
>>
>>40852130
As a phisical stand point.
>Boy
5-7 Judo(if available) and a team sport.
8-12 Judo/Wrestling and gymnastics + some cardio
11 start introducing kid into weight training, mostly oly lifting type stuff (Cleans, High pulls, presses and rows) Judo/Wrestiling/Bjj(pick 2)
12-13 Pick one martial art to focus on and on additional. Also Do Start Olympic weigh lifting Coaching.
13/14-16 Start Power lifting/Strength training(Sheiko's beginner then TM) Continue martials art chosen.
16-18 Start 5/3/1 or semi advanced program, with accessory's, or sport specific training for martial arts, 1 main martial art, preferably wrestling in usa to hopefully get scholarship.
Or Judo to get into a national training camp.
Some flexabiltiy if kid is pasonate about team sport then replace one martial art for it and plan 16-18 around it.

>Grill
>5-8 Judo and team sport or swimming
>8-12 Judo/Wrestling/Bjj swimming and gymnastics, team sport if passionate.
>12-15 Pick main martial art start oly.
>16-18 martial art(s) and lifting style.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.