[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I know if I herniated my back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

I been lifting 35 pounds weights for 2 weeks now and yesterday I decided to jump on the 40, (80lbs total) I been with an upper back pain since.

Fuck I hate that I get injuries every other day doing this shit, is scary
>>
>>40841753
you were doing ohp?
>>
You wouldn't herniate a disc with such a low amount of weight unless you were already extremely degenerated, i.e if you were old or had severe back problems. And thoracic disc hernition is very rare. Can pretty much guarantee you strained a muscle. Rest up and take aspirin, you'll be ok in a week or two.
>>
>>40841753
I'f you've herniated your disc you'd know it. You'd feel specific, sharp, electric pain to areas of your body. Do you feel the pain behind your shoulders or is it in your lower back? What kind of pain do you feel? What makes the pain better or worse? What exercise were you performing when it happened, and is the pain better or worse since then?

t. Physio.
>>
File: donald-trump1.jpg (42KB, 620x310px) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump1.jpg
42KB, 620x310px
>>40841809
K brauh, I'll take it easy for a minute (again) it seems that every week I pull something and have to take 2-3:days off, I guess I am pumping way out of my league but I wanna be buff.

>>40841792

Nah I did standing curls with 40 pounds on each side, my left side seems to be too weak still to go up to 40 I was barely able to pump 10 reps of 35 with my left arm
>>
>>40841817

Is right between the shoulder blades and the spine, it mostly contained there, I don't feel electric pains, mostly a burning type sensation right there but the spine seems upset, I actually didn't feel much of anything today it just started hurting again a minute ago just like it did yesterday, I am just really chicken shit when it comes to injuries I panic pretty easy
>>
>>40841851
If you hurt your spine from doing standing curls, then you're doing something wrong you absolute retard
>>
>>40841895
Concern is okay. You most likely had a superficial muscle sprain, which isn't serious unless you keep working the muscle and which isn't implicated in anything neurologically, at least not yet. Rotate your exercises, do different things, give it a week of rest. How's your posture when you're sitting and standing?
>>
File: img2.thejournal.ie.jpg (79KB, 630x444px) Image search: [Google]
img2.thejournal.ie.jpg
79KB, 630x444px
>>40841957
Is fine, no problems with posture at all, I am almost sure is a muscle sprain cus as The swell is lowering is parting from the spine and concentrating mostly on a spot between the spine and the shoulder blade, it burns like a mother and I feel all sorts of micro movements in there probably inflammation, I such a fucking bomb cuss I was hoping to do upper body tomorrow I worked the legs too much this week.

Do you still work out even with your injury?
>>
What if there's a spot about the size of a fist over my spine that is completely numb
>>
>>40842053
>>40842053
That's what I feel but not numbness it burns to me
>>
how the fuck do you propose you herniated a disk from standing curls
>>
>>40842076
Trapped nerve. Burning often occurs when there is no signal from a nerve.
>>
>>40842453
fucking second
this has to be b8

I refuse to believe this is real until OP provides time stamped video of his curl form, including how he picks up the weights.
>>
>>40841817
Tell me be honest I have a minimally Bulged disc in my l4 l5 area it's been achy since November used to be numbness in my but the stretches fixed that. I still can't carry milk cartons. Does swimming and core exercises heal the disx. I've been to pt and got out and they said they cant do anything else. Is this forever
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.