[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exercises can I do for upper back? At the gym right now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2446.jpg (63KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2446.jpg
63KB, 500x400px
What exercises can I do for upper back? At the gym right now and I need to stop looking like a dipshit so any help is appreciated
>>
>>40838651
Bent over rows
>>
Pull ups
Lat Pull downs
Seated Rows
Rowing for cardio
Row row fight the power
>>
File: boundlessfeels.jpg (67KB, 1671x1667px) Image search: [Google]
boundlessfeels.jpg
67KB, 1671x1667px
>>40838651
bear the weight of the world
>>
You can pretty much do anything for upper back with any sort of form. Don't round your back is the only real thing you need to do.

If your goal is to look like you know what you're doing, do perfect form bent over rows. Watch that Brian Alusaaaaad or whatever his last name is for the most beautiful rows you'll ever see.

If your goal is to impress normies. Do weighted pull ups or chin ups.

If your goal is general size and to destroy your lats, do t bar rows with way too heavy of weight and kip the fuck out of it with some angle. Go slow on the descent.
Kroc rows are along that vein as well.

And if you want almost complete isolation, do seal rows or bench rows. You laugh at them, but they are so much harder than bent over rows.

You're going to build a decent back with any of these. The only exercise that I really feel stretch the fuck out of my lats are the t-bar rows, but my back has been growing before that with weighted chins and then bench rows. Back is easy as fuck. You just have to be pulling something towards you to hit it.

In summation, just be yourself.
>>
Snatch grip up right rows

Snatch grip bent over rows to upper chest
>>
>>40838651
Deadlift
>>
So a lat pulldown machine is expensive as fuck, what can I instead? Too fat for chinups, I can only do 1 at a time right now.
>>
i'm going to second bend over barbell rows and deads.
>>
>>40838651
Bent over rows make me feel alpha at the gym low key
>>
>>40838651
just do pullups. everything else is a meme
>>
>>40838785
this guy is pretty accurate

pullups, kroc rows, some sort of chest supported row machine

adding in power shrugs/rack pulls and facepulls/rear delt row
>>
>>40839269

Do negatives until you are strong enough to do more pullups.

Use a chair to get yourself all the way up and just let yourself down as slow as you can.
>>
>>40838651
RACK PULL ABOVE THE KNEE

snatch grip for more upper back recruitment
>>
>>40839560
Does this actually work?
>>
>>40839656
>does training a muscle by working out make it stronger?
yes
>>
>>40839656
Can confirm. Good advice. Works well with push-ups too.
>>
>>40839656
it fucking does
>>
>>40838651
Pullups and rope climbs (add plates once you're strong enough)
>>
>>40839560
sup scoobz
>>
>>40839656
It definitely does work you weak, pathetic son of a bitch.
>>
How do I fix shoulder impingement? Pushups? Face pulls? Rotator cuff lifts with 5lbs pink dumbbells?
>>
>>40840542
1xF not getting advice from a fitness board on a Tasmanian devil-worshipping complex
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.