[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Front squat as main lift? Why/why not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0369.jpg (93KB, 555x371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0369.jpg
93KB, 555x371px
Front squat as main lift? Why/why not?
>>
>>40830770
exploding knees
>>
>>40830770
If you do oly or aesthetics then dot front squats.
If you do powerlifting or bb do back squats.
>>
>>40830770
It's very quad dominant and should be an accessory to back squats.
>>
do you want to prioritize front squats?

if yes, yes

if no, no
>>
>>40830770
Your upper back will always be the limiting factor on front squats, making them sub optimal for leg gains.

But just do what you want, it doesn't make much difference to a rec lifter.
>>
>>40830770
Front squats don't give as good a back workout. If you front squat you'll need to supplement your posterior chain workout.

Also front squats (to proper depth and ideal spine angle) require more mobility than your common low bar back squat
>>
>>40830795
Nope even oly lifters only have a 2/1 ration of back squats to front squats at best.

>>40830770
Front squats are very taxing, while using less weight. Getting all your squatting volume from front squats sounds suboptimal to me and most coaches seem to agree. The back squat is your friend. Either high bar or low bar. Doesn't really make too much of a difference.
>>
>>40831024
>>40831053
Don't know what they are talking about
>>40831044
This dude does

Front squats are hard on your upper back like fuck. If you want to prioritize Fsquats for Bsquats, I'd still incorporate Bsquats every now and again. If you squat x3/week have one of them be Bsquat.
>>
blah blah
I was doing front squats as my main squat for 12 weeks using a DUP method because my low bar squat didn't fell as upright as it used to. Sometimes I had some tension going on in that patella muscle tendon thing, but it always went away before the next training session. I got some new stretch marks on my quads, although I don't think they got way bigger. My knee joints feel perfeclty fine and I was going atg and bounced slightly off the ground. When you go really deep, you even feel it in your glutes. I just added good mornings and RDLs for my hams. I would do it anytime again when I'm not happy with my squat.
>>
because front squat feels fucking horrible and i'm not going to do it if i don't need to
>>
Front squat + RDLs >>>>>> Back Squatting
>>
Front squat + RDLs >>>>>> Back Squatting
>>
I wouldn't do front squats for low reps (1-5), too easy to fail because of your back giving in, but for high volume I think they'd be great.
>>
>>40831070
They aren't hard for your upper back, not any more than normal high bar squats
I don't know how the fuck you're holding the bar
>>
File: img.png (2MB, 908x892px) Image search: [Google]
img.png
2MB, 908x892px
>>40830770
I consider dropping back squats and doing front instead. Apparently you can avoid becoming pic related and keeping your ass in acceptable ranges with fronts quat
>>
>>40831069
Do you think that all weightlifters train the same way? How about bulgarians, who only did front squat in their prime? Or most chinese, who have 1:1 (one back squat and one front squat session a week)

>>40833020
>I wouldn't do front squats for low reps (1-5)
But that is exactly how most strength coaches program them, because longer sets tire out your back and it's harder to stay tight and in good position when fatigue hits you.

>>40833071
They are hard on your upper back m8, that's what gives in pretty fast if you're not a weightlifter. And after that your position isn't optimal and it becomes harder to get up. How many times you have seen someone rounding their upper back when front squatting? That's right..
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.