[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Benchpress isn't going up What could be wrong /fit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1349740873070.jpg (49KB, 576x600px) Image search: [Google]
1349740873070.jpg
49KB, 576x600px
>Benchpress isn't going up

What could be wrong /fit/?
>>
You're not pushing yourself

You're a weak minded faggot
>>
you're pushing the bar the wrong way then
>>
>>40826554
Do a minor deload and try to up your sets or reps for a while.
>>
GOMAD
>>
>>40826577
Hehehehe
>>
more info faglord

what program you on? for how long? how many times have you deloaded? are you eating enough?
>>
Try just doing dumbbell bench. Im in the middle of doing that and i feel like im getting a better pump with the greater range of motion
>>
File: ScaredOfStraightBarFaggotAlert.jpg (44KB, 768x800px) Image search: [Google]
ScaredOfStraightBarFaggotAlert.jpg
44KB, 768x800px
>>40827297
*AWOOGA* *AWOOGA*

Dumbell faggot detected!!!
>>
>>40826554
Like just push harder man
>>
>>40826554
Pick one:
Do More volume/frequency
Do assistance lifts
Quit lifting and take up marathon running
>>
the way I pushed past my plateau was to to do drop sets from my max
>>
>>40826554
Why not just do tris and chest flys? Change your routine.
also, this >>40827276
>>
higher frequency is the key, try benching 3-4 times a week. Look at sheiko or Blest programming.
>>
higher frequency, much more volume (including bber style chest and tricep accessories), and more food
>>
Might be a weak point either chest shoulders or tris. Try to figure out which one is weakest and work on building that up. If your close grip/wide grip is significantly less that would signal weaker tris/chest respectively. If your OHP is way behind its probably your shoulders.
>>
>>40826577
>not moving to australia and doing seal rows
>>
>>40826554
eat more food. guaranteed way to increase bench
>>
>>40826672
>GOMAD
This is the answer. After stalling on bench, did this and went from 215 for 5 reps to 235 for 5 in a month.
>>
>>40826554
frequency, check out thralls video on his own bench struggle
>>
>>40830790
>fix this lift with frequency
>fix this other lift with frequency
>you also fix this lift with frequency

i'm meant to squat, bench and deadlift every day?
>>
>>40830817
Squatting and benching every day is a good way to express the strength you already have. I tried it using the "Bulgarian Method" powerlifting variant Nuckols came up with and added 20kg to my hard bench max in a month and a half. Frequency does help when it comes to learning motor patterns and mastering a lift. Thing is, past a certain point, it really is all dependent on how much muscle you have, so I'd say what you want to do is ease off the strength training for a while and focus on higher volume through assistance work at submaximal intensity in order to more sustainably build muscle.

Either that or just run those Nuckols programs, the guy knows his shit
>>
>>40830849
I know about Bulgarian, Eric Bugenhagen inspired me to research it since my god does it seem to work for him. I was thinking of giving it a shot for a month after making a home gym (to accomodate the time)

Do you keep the numbers after switching back to a more standard program?
>>
>>40826554
Are you sucking your gymbro for protein every chest day?
>>
>>40830914
I've only been back on standard programming for a couple of weeks now, but my numbers seem to have stayed strong. I can still bench 130kg for a solid max and my max squat is only down about 5kg from 4pl8. I would definitely say it's an extremely effective program for increasing your strength in the short-term, but I can't imagine running it for very long. I got to the point where I'd be waking up wrecked and couldn't actually bring myself to squat at the gym at the very end, which was when I dropped it.
>>
Newbie here,
when benching I get a tingly sensation/pain in my biceps which I feel is not letting me push more.
Wut do? How to fix form to feel it in the chest more?
>>
>>40830934
Does it actually hurt? or a you a wee lass who can't lift a sausage
>>
>>40830946
Its 1pl8 :(
The sensation lasts for a short while after I stop benching as well
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.