[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are high pulls a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I just came across an article by Christian Thibaudeau on [spoiler]T-nation[/spoiler] that claimed the snatch grip variation was god tier for trap & rear delt hypertrophy. Shit, I want some of those gains mane.
link: https://www.t-nation com/training/high-pull-for-the-power-look
(without going as far as noticeable results within two workouts ofc)
Anyone do them? Aren't oly lifts supposed to be shite for hyertrophy?
>>
Man I just thought about this today

I wanna incorporate more oly-style exercises into my routine, like e.g. do clean pulls instead of diddys on some days or other memes like high pulls and muscle snatches

anyone got some experience with memeing around like that?
>>
>>40824178
There are better workouts that dont have the chance of fucking up your shoulder
>>
>>40824283
I thought they mostly workout the calves, quads, hamstrings, glutes and traps with the muscles needed for the very top of the movement (shoulders) doing realtively little work.
(assuming you are smart and drop the bar after each rep)
>>
>>40824355
I don't think they work legs all that much. They do work the rear delts though. Also, surprinsingly, I definitely noticed some trap growth right after adding them. They also were sore as fuck for the first week or so.
>>
>>40824178
My main issue is my hands at the top. Having them bent like in pic just looks and feels really wrong to me.

That's why I've always steered a bit clear of them. Is this an unfounded issue?
>>
>>40824200
I don't know about doing them instead of dl but explosive lifts can and are often added to strength routines (power cleans in ss etc.).
>>
>>40824283
What meme workouts do you suggest, anon?
>>
>>40824178
i dont see how that would be better than just doing a snatch grip / really wide grip bent over row
>>
>>40824430
They don't feel like they work the legs because they are usually so much less weight than your squat weight. But its basically just jumping which heavily involves the calves, quads, and glutes.
You can definately tear your achilles doing them if the tendon isn't conditioned well enough.
>>
>>40824485
They'd be closer to an upright row but even then they're two pretty different things
>>
These are great. Espically when you get the weight high and you can only pull it to your navel or so. That's where the gains are,made me much more explosive as well.
>>
>>40824178
Anything by thibadeu is
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.