[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I go back to the gym if im still sore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1487699470576.jpg (36KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
1487699470576.jpg
36KB, 600x583px
Its been a day and a half and its still very sore to just do body weight squats. I checked back on myself and my squat form was bad and I think I put all the weight on my quads (which are still pretty sore).

Is it normal to go back two days later still sore? First time lifting btw.
>>
>>40819516
yes you can go sore, once you get into a routine you shouldnt feel sore regularly
>>
File: billybob.jpg (36KB, 450x599px) Image search: [Google]
billybob.jpg
36KB, 450x599px
>>40819516

Drink more water to flush out the toxins released by stimulating muscle tissue. Be sure to get calcium to keep the neurons firing and effective nerve recruitment. Finally consume enough nutritive calories to repair the recently stimulated skeletal tissues.

>you writing this down ?
>>
>>40819516
yes, you should go back as soon as possible
yes, you should fix your form, even if it this mean halving your RM; you don't have to impress anyone at the gym
>>
>>40819516
yes, get used to lift sore
that said, fix your form
>>
No. Listen to your body. Wait until your body stops aching COMPLETELY. And if it takes a long time, you probably overtrained. Maybe try bodyweight exercises (push-ups, running etc) until you build a strength base?
>>
>>40819855
>le overtrained meme
why shitstains like you feel the need to spout bullshits? It's clear you didn't even read the OP and you don't know what "overtraining" is
Do everyone a favour, shut the fuck up
>>
Try stretching a ton the next morning or you could also try taking some BCAAs, some say it helps.
>>
>>40819516
Yes, it's called DOMS and will go away after a couple days - then it won't come back unless you do something your body is completely unused to (adding calf raises to your routine for example, doing incline bench instead of flat bench wouldn't have the same effect) or quit training for an extended amount of time (2-6 weeks usually.)
>>
>>40819877
Overtraining is a thing, anyone who says otherwise is a retard who thinks you can infinitely increase MRV by just eating and sleeping more. Excedding your MRV occasionally to peak is a part of efficient training, being chronically over it is stupid and will do harm.

Of course, OP is a noob who just has doms. So it doesn't apply to him.
>>
>>40819516
Dont go
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.