[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me /fit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: fat.jpg (19KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
19KB, 700x466px
I've been doing the couch to 5k program for a few weeks now. I was initially on 111kg and I'm down now to 105kg.

I'm on week 4 where I have to
>jog 3 minutes
>walk 90 seconds
>jog 5 minutes
>walk 2 1/2 minutes
x2

I'm struggling after the 5 minute jogs, I've been dry reaching and haven't completed 2 set's yet.

My friends who go to gym keep telling me to stop doing cardio and start superseding but I don't know how to, and don't know if I should?

What should I do /fit/?
>>
>>40818792
Deload 2 weeks and work back up

but I agree with your friend start lifting weights
>>
treat it like lifting, if you stall keep doing the same sets until you can barely do the next step

also jogging at weight is unhealthy long term for your knees, i did a lot of hiking when i was 150kg and i fucked up my knees, currently 115kg and i'm only cycling until i'm at least 90
>>
>>40818812
deload 2 weeks? can you please explain
>>
>>40818832
Go back 2 weeks
>>
>>40818792
Don't fucking jog at all. You're an obese fuck and it destroys knees

I cut down from 125 kg to around 80 and only just now started running

What you need is a strict diet, heavy weightlifting and possible some swimming
>>
>>40818859
I am not obese i am 5'6 210 lbs im just trying to get abs im not a fat fuck
>>
>>40818867
cunt don't try to make me look like a tard, i want actual help you cuck
>>
>>40818859
>>40818831
how long should i be doing bike/rowing then?
just go until I wanna throw up or, do you recommend like a certain program?
>>
>>40818888
Checked. I personally like walking uphill on a treadmill for 20-30 minutes after a lifing session. Works wonders

To be honest just do cardio as you feel fit, certainly not to the point of vomiting. It's the least important factor of weight loss, contrary to popular belief
>>
>>40818792
Finish the program. The feel of victory is important as soon as you completed it. Start lifting weights afterwards, there is no feel of victory lifting weights, because there is no goal you will reach where you will be happy anytime soon or ever for that matter.
>>
>>40818867
>5'6
>210

that's definition Obese moron
>>
>>40818952
>>40818867
>>40818859

>running ruins your knees

fug, I am at 122 KG and started Couch5FiveK as well.

I am in Week three now - what do?
>>
>>40818867

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

Your Height:

(feet) (inches)

Your Weight:

(pounds)
Compute BMI
Your BMI:

Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
>>
File: 1473249303634.png (2MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1473249303634.png
2MB, 2000x1500px
>>40819426

pls answer
>>
>>40819426
If you're fat I guess you could take a week or two off every so often and replace with cycling. If you're fit then probably don't need to worry about it, you'll have decent soft tissue stability and bome strength in all likelihood. But you can still take a bit of time off and replace it if you feel the need. Work on your form, do prehab shit like duckwalks, knees up etc.
>>
>>40819583

My knees dont hurt at all while running, only my shins do a bit.

I supposed that I wouldnt feel it if I hurt my knees.

So I am all good? While I am fat I also got some muscle mass from lifting before I became a depressive drunkard
>>
>>40819604
OP here, I think couch to 5k is for people who are semi-athletic already, from what I've been hearing.

I think rowing, cycling and swimming might be the go???
>>
>>40820017

I forgot how to ride a bike desu
>>
The thing I like the most about couch to 5k is that it's a set plan, with like specific steps.

Whereas everything else is like, go for it
>>
fucking fat morons stop running and start swimming and walking
youll ruin your legs
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.