[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rude People at the Gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 14

>finish workout
>head out to the front reception area
>guy is walking by me also leaving
>female receptionist says bye and to have a good day as we reach the counter area
>guy just walks out without tipping
>receptionist has a wtf look on her face
>tip her a bit extra this time
>yeah idk whats wrong with that guy
>>
>>40817446
Wait hold up
You fucking tip your receptionist?
That's fucking retarded, they don't do anything! Tip the fucking maids cleaning the equipment if you're going to tip someone
>>
>>40817446
Did she wipe down the squat plug though?
>>
>>40817479
Its highly recommended. You'll probably get dirty looks by the staff at your gym if they recognize you again
>>
I do a lot of rude stuff at the gym.

>using cable machine to do kick backs
>dude asks if he can do pull ups on it
>wtf like no dude obviously I need the space
>don't even respond till I'm done with my set
>look at him like he's a fucking idiot
>"no"
>continue with my workout

idgaf like don't ask me stupid questions when I'm clearly busy doing me.
>>
>>40817479
what shithole country do you live in? do you know what sort of nasty shit goes on if you don't tip the staff?
>>
File: mustard.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
mustard.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
Why do American fags tip people? Honestly the fact the receptionist had a 'wtf look' on her face when she didnt get tipped pisses me off? you dont expect a tip? and even if you do just understand not everyone has money coming out their asses 24/7.
>>
>>40817572
>using cable machine to do kick backs
post tits
>>
File: 1481148028091.jpg (87KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1481148028091.jpg
87KB, 600x456px
>>40817479
Dude, in America we tip the receptionist. Same as bartenders, waiters, and hair stylist. Your kinda a fucking cunt if you don't.
>>
>>40817479
> not tipping the receptionist
>>
>>40817479

>tipping the receptionist
>making it

pick two
>>
File: IMG_0880.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0880.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>on my way out
>hmm that's weird, plate boy didn't pat me on the butt today
>FUCK. I forgot the tip.
>Turn around and say "h-hey"
>he just gives me a nasty look
>run to my car crying
I need help lads. This was the 4th gym I had to avoid.
>>
>>40817446
Had to google this to confirm troll
>>
>>40817446
>training at a public gym
>>
>finish on the leg press machine
>reach for my roll of paper towels and spray bottle
>forgot to refill spray bottle
>get nasty looks and comments

Never felt so ashamed in my entire life
>>
>>40817701
GOLEM GET YE GONE
>>
>Old man in changing room with the >grossest yellow toenails is just >sitting there cutting them with his >for knife. One flies off and lands on >my lap as I'm putting my shoes >on. He laughs. I get up to leave >and he spits on my back. Ended up >leaving him only 50% of normal tip.
>>
As someone who worked as a receptionist at 2 gyms for 3 years.
FUCKING TIP PLEASE.
theres a reason we give you those shitty looks as you leave the gym.
>>
File: tips.jpg (42KB, 648x348px) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
42KB, 648x348px
>this thread
>not tipping the receptionist

Chivalry is truly dead
>>
>>40817879

>his gym doesn't have dyels constantly cleaning
>>
German here, why the fuck would I tip anyone at the gym? That ain't no fuckin restaurant. I seriously don't understand.
>>
File: IMG_0732.gif (195KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0732.gif
195KB, 640x360px
>>40817446
Nice bait.
>>
>>40817446
>>40817519
>>40817587
>>40817636
>>40817661
>>40817966
Fucking samefags
>>
>>40817613
If I remember rightly it started back in the great depression as a way to help waiters and such along. Obviously it's carried on still, but now instead of being grateful for the tip the cunts all act as if they're entitled to your pocket change. I might be wrong though.
>>
Theres a tip jar on the counter of my gym, but I see most people just handing their tip to the receptionists.
>>
>>40817636
Dont you tip people because their minimum wage sucks ass? Must suck living in a 3rd world country anon.
>>
>>40817479
>tfw the gym maids haven't cleaned the bar so you have to spend the entire workout doing power cleans
>>
>Doin' muh bench press
>lanky dude comes and takes weights off the back of the bench while i'm mid rep
>shout out "do you mind"
>has the audacity to talk back, like "i'm not even in your way"
>rerack and say "yes you are, can't you wait even ten seconds?"
>he mumbles something and walks off
>say "what was that?" to his back but he doesn't turn around
>we are no longer on each other's christmas card list
>>
>>40817952
>why did >you put so >many fucking >arrows?
>>
File: 1463910405523.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
1463910405523.png
74KB, 300x256px
>>40817446
>tip her a bit extra this time
is this an actual thing in America or just a troll?
>>
>>40817446
My parents worked in the service industry (yeah, poor fag) but I still wouldn't tip anyone who doesn't provide individual service.

Maybe I'd give $2-4 dollars if someone there was constantly spotting me, loading/unloading weights, fetching dumbbells, refilling my water, wiping my sweat off equipment, and giving motivational speeches.
>>
>>40817701
Golem get ye gone
>>
>>40817966
And that is?
>>
>>40818711
eh it depends, I've worked in shitty restaurants and nice restaurants, the shittier the restaurant the higher the pay was because they know less affluent people come and are likely to be tipped less. The nicer the restaurant the lower the base pay but I would make more money because rich people see tipping well as a sign of power and don't want to be looked down upon by their peers. As a bartender I'll have nights where I bring home 500 cash just from tips.
>>
>pajeet cuts in front of you at check in

>guy wipes down machine seat first
>>
>>40818505
No, it's actually a custom from the early 19th century imported by wealthy European tourists who did it to show off their wealth. It never went away for some reason.
>>
>>40819705
Listen up bud, try not tipping the receptionist and see what happens.
>>
>>40820724
Oh, guess I read some bullshit then. Thanks for clearing it up.
>>
>>40817572
sometimes when i see people doing that i just want to kick them over. I'm not gonna run because based on that exercise you are extremely out of shape. I'll just turn around while you try to crawl with your weak noodly arms.
>>
>>40817816
dude... it's okay as long as you have your squat plug you'll make it.
>>
File: primo bait.png (102KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
primo bait.png
102KB, 625x626px
>>40817446
Good job
>>
>>40818457
>German
Not really surprised you can't comprehend basic humor
>>
>>40819382
kek
>>
Jesus Christ some of you people are fucking retarded.
>>
>>40819436
9/10 post I enjoyed it anon
I hope you have a good day
>>
Doing bench press 1,5 plate. No spotter so I added two small 5 kilos after first set. I turn around and sit on the bench after second set looking left. Start second set first push and my right hand goes up easily while left struggles. Totally confused thought that I must had a stroke or I fucked up a tenont or the muscle of the left arm ripped, although no pain. Stopped reps getting up I finally solved the mystery, a crazy middle aged woman took the 5 kilos from the right side while on the bar between sets.
>>
>>40817479
obvious bait
>>
>>40819382
Kek
>>
>>40817701

GOLEM GET YE GONE
>>
>at the gym
>guy asks for a spot on bench
>help him with the last rep
>just says "thanks" and starts reracking
>doesn't even tip me
wtf?
>>
>>40817701
GOLEM get ye gone
>>
>>40821030
Did you slap her?
>>
Anybody else constantly forgetting to change their plate ordering because of daylight savings time? Almost lost the weight and killed myself earlier this week
>>
>>40817701
GOLEM GET YE GONE
>>
Better to have a home gym so you don't have to tip anymore. I still do so if I end up lifting at a membership gym with as a guest with a friend
>>
File: 1485469077703.gif (2MB, 321x218px) Image search: [Google]
1485469077703.gif
2MB, 321x218px
>>40817446
>tiping a receptionist

fucking burgers I swear
>>
>>40817446
>actually tipping the receptionist

you beta faggots have to stop with this. I stopped tipping the receptionist after like 3 months of working out and ever since all she does is 'mire
>>
>using one of the benches
>first set of five
>"Hey mate you got many left?"
>"Yeah sorry I just started"
>...
>fucking waits over five mins for me to finish. Just hovering there watching me
Why are people so autistic??
>>
>>40817446

I pay 60 dollars to go to the gym a month. No fucking way i am tipping the receptionist for just scanning my entry card then going back and talking to her coworker about which tyrone she banged the night before.
>>
>>40824761
You'd tip when you spent 60 dollars at a restaurant, wouldn't you? They do more than just scan your membership card anyway. They are not that pleasant to you probably because they know you as that guy that doesn't tip!
>>
I never tip. If I had money to tip I wouldn't be going to Planet Fitness and even if I did, no one at PF has ever earned a tip.
>>
>>40817479
I don't know which one is more obviously bait
>>
>>40817446
>Tipping
I just tell her goodbye and then I fuck off. Simple as that. I already pay 45 dollars a month just to be on the gym.
>>
>>40824961
You pay that much just to be on it? :S How much does it cost to go inside?
>>
>>40817701
Golem get ye gone
>>
>>40824837

I have yet to see them do anything more than scan a card. Not even shitting you. I go to my local ymca. Id tip a waiter cause they serve me personally. I dont sit there and chit chat like a fucking creep with them. I say hi then go straight to working out. And I wipe down all my weights i use myself so no one is cleaning up after me like my parents taught me to. So i see no reason to tip.
>>
>>40824837
You earna wage for a reason. People should stop trying to make a careers out of entry tier fucking jobs.
>>
>>40817479
Enjoy not getting checked in in a timely fashion.
>>
>>40824982
>emotes
>on an imageboard
Kill yourself.
>>
>>40825013
>being an angsty faggot
>being an asshole and not tipping
unless you literally cant afford to eat you should be tipping.
>>
>>40825042
>getting angry over something as insignificant as that
You should kill you'reself before you do something stupid and hurt someone =/
>>
I'm first post guy and I was paying extra attention today
>no ducking tip jar anywhere
>hung out by water fountain and saw 6 people leave without tipping
>have good conversations with receptionist and workers all the time
>never have I ever heard of this being a thing

Maybe different for different states? I live in Northern California
>>
>>40825077
Slippery slope etc.
>>
>>40825059

>Being so much of a cuck you literaly tip everyone you come in contact with.

Do you tip the cashier at your grocery store too? Or do you tip the gas statiok clerk who just say behind a window and watched you pump your own gas? Get that bullshit outta my face.
>>
>>40825059
Hey give the guy a break, maybe he's European or something? I heard they don't really tip over there, they treat their hospitality sector like shit.
>>
>>40825081
>ducking autocorrect

Honestly I feel bad if tipping is a thing and I haven't been doing it, but I haven't seen anything.
>>
>>40825088
>tipping makes you a cuck
enjoy the spit in your food and general disdain from everyone you come in contact with you autist
>>
File: 1485039985912.png (109KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485039985912.png
109KB, 480x480px
>>40825081
did you at least tip the water fountain?
>>
>>40825092

Nope i am american and live in the southern hospitality belt but i see no reason in tipping someone who makes $14/hour.
>>
>>40825092
No, we just understand that people get wages here. And that if they want more shit in life they get a proper job.
>>
>>40817572
Tbh I don't blame you considering they asked you DURING your set. That's so impolite
>>
>>40825088
There's no need to get angry, it's not against the law to not tip someone. But just think next time you forget your gym card, padlock (for the locker), towel, etc... they will for sure be a lot more helpful if you have been tipping them, they remember who tips and who doesn't.
>>
>>40825081
you must actually go to a gym of assholes/niggers/poor people. Literally everyone except for this mexican and a group of giant russians tip the receptionist
>>
>>40825104

I tip waiters and delivery drivers and people that deserve it but someone who just scans a membership card and that is all they do. Dont really deserve it in my eyes. You gotta work for it. Dont be such a democrat and expect everyone to just hand you money because you feel like it.
>>
>>40825107
Not just the tip

>yes I fuck water fountains, enjoy my cum in those first sips
>>
>>40825077
>being this anal-annihilated

Just leave faggot, we'll pretend you never even posted.
>>
Tipping a personal trainer is one thing. But a receptionist? Fuck that. They don't even scan our cards. They just stand there as I scan my own card. I tip bartenders, waiters, barbers, and people who pump my gas. But fuck tipping the receptionist.
>>
>be cheapfag with no money for gym membership or equpment
>train with whatever i find useful
>be in subway train doing pullups on the ceiling bars that are for handholding but works good for training
>doing 3xF
>on second set, pumping hard
>some ugly roman beggar comes to me and begs for my money, whining about jesus christus and wanting baguete
>keep pullupping while bert staring at this dirty piece of shit roman beggar that just wont fucking shut up
>on last rep, make loud angry shout of effort while staring at romans soulless eyes, hope it would scare away
>jump down
>nope. fucker still there talking about baguete
>i take 20cents out of my pocket and throw it oit of open doors
>roman gets off to pick miney up and train continues without
>do last set of pullups with piece
>>
>>40825108
>southern hospitality
why do southerners keep pushing this meme? Everyone knows they're just a bunch of redneck inbreds.

>claims southern hospitality
>doesnt even tip his fucking receptionist
>>
The attendants at my gym make $14/hour cause they get hella donations from local businesses. I know it for a fact cause my brother worked there. Also he said no one ever tips so i dont even know what your talking about. So im not gonna tip someone making $14/hour.
>>
>>40825137
>dont be such a democrat
>implying i would ever be a liberal cuckold
>implying you're not just a degenerate nigger that doesnt even tip at his gym
>>
>>40825160

I have never even heard of anyone ever tipping a gym receptionist. My gym gets over three houndred people a day. That would be crazy if everyone tipped them.
>>
>>40825167

Also there are normally 4 of them at the desk at all times so am i supposed to tip all of them?
>>
>Finish workout
>Ring the finish-bell in the middle of the gym
>Everybody claps
>Head to the lockers, tip the maid cleaning it
>Get changed and leave, tip the receptionist
>Walk home, tip streetcleaner on the way
>Stop by the gasstation so I can tip the cashier
>Had to tip their cleaner who was there too
>Police officer stops me on the last bit on my way to home
>Asks me why the fuck I´m dragging a large sack of cash behind me
>Tip him for doing his job
>He asks me if I´m trying to bribe him
>Tip him again because obviously he´s a good cop asking that
>Get shot
>Ended up having to tip the police, his backup and 12 different emergency care workers
>Had to pay 12 000 dollars in medical bills
>My entire dollar bill sack gone and put in debt
>Can't afford to tip the accountant that hands me my crippling debt
>Cant even clap
>Cop and hospital staff beats me up outside for being rude
>>
>>40825198

KEK!
>>
>all of this general butthurt
look, yeah tipping is customary but im assuming some of them just didn't realize it.

just do it from now on and you'll be fine
>>
>>40825196
Don't be ridiculous, you are just tipping the reception staff. They'll make enough to share it. You should however give a tip just for your personal trainer if you have one, as they take care of you personally.
>>
>>40825184

You sound like a cuck for giving money to some woman who literaly just scanned a card for 2 seconds and thats it.
>>
I spend $10 a month on a membership. If I were to tip $1 after each workout my membership cost has just tripled. Fuck that.
>>
>>40825196
jesus, its not that fucking hard. just look for the tip jar or hand it to one of them and say "thank you"
>>
Does everyone here have like this personal relationship where they are deep friends with receptionist at the gym?
>>
>>40825279
no, most of us just arent assholes and understand basic etiquette
>>
>>40825275

Tip jar at a gym? Is that a thing?
>>
>>40825158
>finishing set without the added weight of that 20 cents
Enjoy your nogainz
>>
>>40825298

>giving 5 dollars to someone everytime you walk into a building to work out. At 4x a week that is 80 dollars a month. Do you really give 80 dollars a month in tips?
>>
>>40825299
for most gyms, yeah. My current one doesn't have one but I mean you just tip them directly.
>>
>>40825299
Sometimes. Just like some bars have them but some don't so you need to be more assertive about it.
>>
>>40825317

My brother worked at the ymca where i go and he said that no one ever tipped. But he got paid well hourly.
>>
>>40825299
Yeah, mine has one at reception and one near the Maids' office thing.
>>
This thread feels like that south park episode where the whole foods cashier would give randy shit for not donating money.
>>
>>40825332
I've heard ymca's dont have them but many gyms do. Even if they don't though, it's still expected that you tip the receptionist.
>>
>>40825317
>>40825325
>>40825341

How big is the gym you go to?
>>
>>40825359

I guess ymca's are just different. I have never been to a different gym than it. Im still not gonna tip after paying 60 dollars a month to work out. If i paid like 10 dollars a month then sure i would but not for 60.
>>
>>40825359
What if I expect them to do the job they're literally paid to do without acting entitled to my goddamn pocket change?
>>
>>40825376
Eh not huge, I would say a mid-sized gym. 4 squat racks, couple benches, decent amount of machines, etc.
>>
Holy shit didn't realize how much dicks on here don't even tip. At least tip a dollar. Your gym experience will vastly improve.
>>
>>40825558

How will it improve?
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (20KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
20KB, 600x600px
>mfw there are people in here that give out money because someone tells them that they hope they have a good work out
>>
>>40824727
just take your time. it's what i do.
>>
>>40817701
GOLEM GET YE GONE
>>
>>40825647
Made friends with the staff. They give me some free stuff every so often (shakers, protein bars, gym shirts). Manager even gave me a discount rate for my membership after marking friends with staff
>>
>>40825709
You think thats all they do? These people run the gym, orders the equipment, keeps the manlets away, runs campaigns and classes, wipes down the benches and picks up after the slackers.

You think all the waitresses ever do is tell you to enjoy your meal? Fuck you
>>
>>40825647
The owner of the gym (Old powerlifting dude) started giving me free advice after I tipped the receptionist. Told me I could use all the extra equipment in the back room whenever I wanted too. Belts, wristwraps, sleeves, even one of those scales for measuring BF%. Also people stopped giving me stares
>>
>>40819684
They're called comedy chevrons you newfag
>>
File: 1473488390601.jpg (53KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473488390601.jpg
53KB, 429x600px
Why are there so many idiots on /fit/ who can't into humor?
>>
Is pretending to not know something is a meme, a new meme?

Am I being serious, or am I, myself, perpetuating the very meme I'm asking about?
>>
>>40826147
>Why do people who try to cure autism with weightlifting posess poor social abilities
>>
>>40825709
They do more than that idiot
>>
>>40827242
>>40826029

I help people all day as a systems admin but i dont get a tip for it. Why should they?
>>
File: HyO4Jlw.gif (4MB, 636x357px) Image search: [Google]
HyO4Jlw.gif
4MB, 636x357px
>>40825198

very good
>>
>>40817479
I was doing drop sets on bench so i had two smaller plates on the side and while I'm mid set this bitch comes over and takes my plates, she puts them on her bar does one set and walks off back to the cardio area.
>>
>>40819382
My sides needed this workout
>>
no one tips receptionists. its a meme. your welcome
>>
>>40828531
Kek. Saw this happen but with dbs at my gym. Guy stops his set and jogs over to the guy and takes them back after saying he was using them.
>>
>>40825299
My current one does but the last one I went to just had the gratuity included as an extra in the weekly bill.
>>
>i usually do leg days on saturday
>there's this guy, goes to gym in the evening during the week, and early in the morning on saturday
>we only see eachother on saturday
>he's pretty fit, but a real thickskulled type
>since he only sees me doing legs, he for some reason, thinks that's all i ever do
>doing squats, after i do my reps, he comes at me
>WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING
>me: w-w-what
>ALL YOU EVER DO IS FUCKING LEGS, AND TREADMILL, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, LOOK HOW MANY GAINS YOU'VE LOST
>the gains he thinks i had was actually me being fat and thicc months ago
>tell him that
>YEAH I WAS FAT TOO, BUT I DIDNT FUCKING RUN ON A TREADMILL, LOOK AT MY CHEST
>yeah ok dude, its my routine, my schedule, mind your own business
>walks off screaming FUCKSAKE, THIS FUCKING GUY

He started helping me a bit the day after, he's not a bad dude, just never understood that sperglord outburst out of nothing
>>
>>40825198
Made me giggle
>>
I can understand why amerifats tip. Here in yurop higher education (universities) is free, whereas in america its not. Here a smart guy can get no problem in university, as opposed to smart/talented yet poor amerifats which can end up in mcdonalds. Capitalism is tought, and tipping is shit
>>
>>40831029
And to add.
Understanding does not mean agreement. Amerifats still get salaries, tipping is overkill
>>
>>40817966
Is this an american thing or something like tipping at restaurants? Cos over here in the UK we just pay our monthly membership and that's it. I can just about get tipping waiting staff, but fucking gym receptionists? This has to be a laugh right?
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.