[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best leg exercises with a barebell or dumbbells

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 42424224.jpg (171KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
42424224.jpg
171KB, 500x500px
What are the best leg exercises with a barebell or dumbbells that isn't a squat? The area around my right knee is close to turning into dust and i have to do something else or i risk getting crushed by the weights when i finally crumble down on a squat. Would Sumo Deadlifts be ok? Its not like i will be never squatting, just less times a week
>>
>>40812428
Do the leg press and bodyweight squats.
Getting a new pr or showing that you can still SKWAT is not worth crippling yourself for life.

You don't exist to perform the exercise.
Exercise is there to help you become a better more fit healthier you.
>>
File: knee problems.jpg (41KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
knee problems.jpg
41KB, 400x500px
>>40812428

All quad exercises include knee extension, so you are fucked.
If your knee is weak, its not failing a rep that will be the problem.

Or are you just a bitch and trying to avoid squatting?
>>
>>40812445
This is the kind of thing that makes people point and laugh at SS fags.
>>
>>40812445
Its not really the knee. is the shit on the right of it (the joint/bone whatever the fuck it is i don't know). Sometimes i do a bodyweight squat rep to see if its ok and it doesn't hurt then i do the second rep and it hurts like hell then i do the third and its fine fourth its fine 5th hurts like hell etc. I think it will pass with time but if it happens that it will hurt when i am squatting i am 90% sure i will fall with the bar on my traps
>>
>>40812468

>because SS is the only program that involves squats.
>>
>>40812428
Bulgarian Split Squats, Lunges,.. anything where there is no forward tracking of the knee. Will make your knee feel stable. You're welcome.
>>
>>40812428

>1. Deadlifts will stimulate leg growth. If you choose this route I'd go D/light squat or 1 hand dead/D across the week.
>2. So will power cleans or snatches. (Consider split style, which will be perfect for you as you are probably right handed so will lead with your left leg.)
>3. Heavy good mornings. Pavel Tsatsouline writes in one of his books that if you can still squat once every couple of weeks heavy GMs can replace squatting and keep your strength in the squat up.
>4. Hack Squats. You'll be able to use a lot less weight, so it may not aggrivate your knee. HSs also target the quad muscles above your knee directly which may help the damaged part through strengthening. HSs are also the premier leg developer in the BBing world.
>>
leg massage.
absolute sicking gains m8
>>
>>40812428
>smith machine
>0 plates
>wearing heels
>gym inappropriate clothing

Did she think she was being sexy?
>>
>>40813449
recently girls with heels squatting have been getting me rock hard desu
>>
Are you stretching after workouts?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.