[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 28

File: 1482064543901.png (1MB, 658x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1482064543901.png
1MB, 658x1076px
Last one reached limit

So I've been doing SL for 5 months now and gained about 14kg. Pretty satisfied overall and feel stronger but I feel like my arms and chest could do with a bit more work. Been looking for more advanced routines and came across PHUL. Has anyone done it? Should I stick to my current routine and add accessory workouts or change to PHUL?

My stats (not 1RM)
Squat 176lbs
Bench 1pl8
DL 225
Row 126lbs
OHP 100lbs
>>
>>40810913
are your main lifts still progressing?

what are your goals?

and adding some curls to SL isnt going to hurt so might as well
>>
Im currently on a cut, stayed on 87kg for a week then suddenly dropped to 85kg. (i tested the scale with other objects it works well)

I know it's mostly waterweight and shit, but for calculation purposes, can i now say that my weight is 85, or is it some kind of delusion?

like, cna you always say your minimum weight to be your real weight, or is the "real" weight usually taking into account some other shit im not thinking of like having some water weight on you?
>>
>>40811103
Stalling on my Squats but I think that is a form issue, Bench and OHP are pretty good, DL I add 2.5kg instead of 5,. Row has been the same for a month...

My goal was just to look good naked (seriously) but now I'm realizing that my legs look more developed than my arms plus I can barely do a proper dip or pull up so thought I should switch routine
>>
I want to get into boxing. I am in decent physical shape. What kind of gym should I go to? Should I just show up at a boxing gym?
>>
Started dieting Jan 1st and am down by 11kg (92kg to 81kg, 172cm) as of Feb 23. I worked in cardio at the start of March and am running thrice weekly, around 4km currently. Question is, does it matter if I run on lifting days or should I run on my rest days? I run with low speed (I think) if this is of any interest, around half an hour each time. Current interest is to drop weight/bodyfat more than anything.
>>
>>40811266
yeah man just go.
>>
>>40811281
As long as running isn't bothering with your leg workout (tiring you out and making you unable to perform as well), it doesn't matter at all. Make sure not to run daily though, 5 times a week is a good amount.
>>
>>40811394
Great. So far no problems with legs workout, even if I run on the same day. Then again I'm not lifting that heavy because I'm on a harsh deficit.
>>
>>40811230
this please
>>
>>40811230
t. moran who doesn't count the bar
>>
does it really matter what type of carb i consume? (white/brown rice)
>>
>>40811619
it's lmao2pl8 not Lmao1Bar2pl8
>>
>>40811619
i just wnat to know if its ok to say my wegiht is 85
>>
Because that day right in the morning, right after takinga huge shit, it said 85, now it says 86-87 most of the time,

which is my real weight?

if i had to calculate my tdee or something like that, what would be accurate to say?
>>
>>40811685
Go by your morning weight. Your weight on that particular day is always the weight you woke up with.
>>
>>40811716
what if i had some shit inside. This new low cal high protein diet is somehow constipating me, i sometimes measure 1kg before and after shit
>>
>>40811757
how autistic are you?
>>
>>40811757
Who the fuck cares you weird fuck, just take the average of your morning weight for the past week
>>
>>40811766
>>40811765
I have to know, i have to know if i dropped 1kg in the last week or 2kg, or none.

I am in a diet which has a goal of losing 1kg per week

am i achieveing that goal?

am i failing or succeding?

there can only be one measure of succes
>>
>>40811781
that sounds like a solid 8
>>
>>40811781
You measure it between every month, not between every week exactly because your body's weight fluctuates.
Stop being autistic and learn patience.
>>
>>40811796
what do you mean i dont understand!!!

BONUS QUESTION:

im doing a 1200 cals per day and feel like shit all of the time.

is doing 1500 cals from time to time enough to make me feel good again, i'll only do it if it works if not ill keep with this sadistic diet till im at perfect weigth
>>
>>40811243
None of you looks "more developed". You are globally weak and under developed. Do some curls and pressdowns if you want. But your 170 lb squatting legs aren't over powering your physique.
>>
I have several questions

- What are proper running shoes when running on road/concrete surface?

-Couple of people told me that only glucose turns into fat in your body and not the fat that you eat. is that true ?
>>
>>40811818
This, youre very begginer still and probably look like shit naked. Just lift for a couple of years and increase weigth
>>
>>40811816
>feel like shit all of the time.
i can only give 1 solid advice for your diet AND your life in total:

stop stressing so fucking hard, stress has heavy impact on your body, more than you would expect.
>>
>>40811863
so youre sure that i can feel good even tough 1200 cals per day?
>>
>>40811878
depends, how much is your recommended daily income for cals? feeling good starts in your head not your stomach
>>
>>40811878
Are you a grill or a fucking child? Who can survive on 1200 a day
>>
>>40810913
I'm in the same situation, but starting cutting now. What would be the Best routine do me now
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 480x380px)
image.jpg
20KB, 480x380px
Do you get that bump in the middle of the neck from neck exercises or is it genetic? Not the Adam's apple, that long muscle or the esophagus or whatever it is. Pic related
>>
>>40811926
boys have adams apples anon.
>>
>>40811941
Please learn how to read
>>
>>40811903
>>40811917
according to this site my tdee is 2400 cals, Im a 173cm 86kg 28yo man.

I just want fat loss asap, and i read everywhere that 1kg per week is hte maximum. so i just do that and lift
>>
I usually enjoy answering QTDDTOT but this is the worst one I've ever seen.

Retards
>>
>>40811948
it's part of the adams apple retard.

put your finger on it and swallow
>>
>>40811949
thats fucking retarded man 1200cal... of course you are going to feel like shit when your body is only half-fueled.

cut 500-800(max) in cals, thats more than enough.
are you doing any exercises?
>>
>>40811957
Ah, I see so the whole thing is the Adam's apple. My bad anon, you were right. Thanks for the correction.
>>
>>40811949
You will do 1200 for 5 days MAX, then binge and lose all of your progress.

>many before you have tried
>all have failed
>>
>>40811977
but if its possible im gonna do it. Im lifting and doing cardio 3x per week. Those days i eat 300 cals more. But i figure i burn it easily with the excersise

>>40811993
I just want the most besterestest better n°1 more fastest way of getting to my objective

i cannot stress this enough

my objective is maximum fat loss asap, in the better most N°1 way of achieving it

if theres a way to lose a gram more per day im gonna do it

why not follow my objectives, my objectives are clear

I cannot abandon
>>
>>40812020
what does your diet consist of?
>>
>>40812020
>besterestest better n°1
>>
Does anybody have the image that explains dosages for EC stack? I swear I had it but can't fucking find it anywhere.
>>
>>40812020
if you're working out regularly on that intense of a cut you'll get injured because your body doesn't have enough nutrients to heal itself

don't be a retard, just cut -500.
>>
>>40812046
Fruit and meat.

All kinds of fruits

Meat is sometimes beef, most of the times chicken.

Some tomato and lettuce salad with a spoonful of olive oil

And my secret is eating obscene amounts of lettuce, without anything as an anxiety reliever.
Sometimes the lettuce has mustard

>>40812055
sorry its just my brain kinda locks down when i feel i cant express something that must be so but some thinki it issnt but itso obvious it must be so like that like that like that it must be so like that and no other way of thinking or acting can be right yet some people think and act like that and i must spend every last fiber of my being ensuring it is how i say and therefore how it must be . If i say 1kg per week it has to be that yes or yes or yes and do whatever all all all of its in my power to do it
>>
>>40810913
is this an okay 3 day split? ive been lifting for ~8 months and want to move to a split.

Workout #1 (Chest/Back):
Flat bench
Incline bench
Flyes
Incline row
Shrugs
Chinups

Workout #2 (Core/Legs):
Deadlift
Squats
Sissy squats
Weighted crunches
Planks

Workout #3 (Shoulders/Arms):
Standing OHP
Lateral raise
Skull crusher
One arm tricep ext
Hammer curl
Concentration curl
>>
>>40812151
why lettuce, it's made out of 80-90% just water. eat some veggies instead like carrots. and for fat loss you should REALLY eliminate all sugars as much as possible, maybe 1 fruit a day not more
>>
>>40812200
>eat some veggies instead like carrots.
Calories per 100g of carrots =40
Caolories per 100g of lettuce =10

LETTUCE WINS... FATALITY... FLAWLESS VICTORY

>>40812200
>and for fat loss you should REALLY eliminate all sugars as much as possible
No, you just fell for false knowledge as false as religion.

For fat loss, all that matters is CICO (cals in vs cals out) .

If the calorie deficit is there doesnt matter if every single one of your c alories comes from sugar, you will still lose fat.

The only other factor is protein consumption, which determines how much muscle you lose.

But if you consume enough proteins then it really doesnt matter if 100% of your other calories come from sugar or fat.

Altough you also must meet your micronutrients needs, like vitamins, which are mostly in fruits not fats
>>
>>40812151
are you autistic or something?
>>
>>40812096
>don't be a retard, just cut -500.
sure, and take 3x the time to reach my goal?, no thanks

>>40812238
probably yes, i just want to sit in a room alone and look at my abs in a mirror
>>
>>40812237
>LETTUCE WINS... FATALITY... FLAWLESS VICTORY
end yourself already.
oh wait you already are with 1200 cals
>>
So, my ass stinks real bad when I get all sweaty.

How does one improve ass stink.
>>
>>40812255
>end yourself already.
>oh wait you already are with 1200 cals
Haha, i must admit you made me laugh, good one my calorie loving friend.
>>
>>40812281
shave
>>
>>40812291
>ass stubble
>I can feel the sand paper already
>>
>>40812297
its really not that bad desu, i couldn't feel it myself
>>
>>40812187
>random qt sits next to me
>want to talk to her
>don't know what to say
>want to ask qtddtot
>see your routine
>makes me puke 2 min straight
>qt screams and runs away
thanks asshole
>>
Doing PPL and HIIT cardio for cutting. How many days a week should I be running ideally? Like how much will yield the best results for maintaining as much muscle mass as possible?
>>
>>40812402
2, max 3
>>
How good is clen?
>>
>>40812402
I do 3 days a week @ 30 minutes after i lift, and it works for me.
>>
>>40812411
Oh fuck, ok my man. I wasn't getting results fast enough, I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing then.

Would it be ok to do 20-30 min of low-intensity cardio on my rest day or would it be better to just take rest days as needed and forgo the extra cardio?
>>
>>40812437
keep rest day a rest day
>>
I went for a swim today for the first time in awhile, and could only do 400m in about 20 minutes switching between freestyle and backstroke. Since these are shit numbers, I'm debating switching to running to get more time efficient cardio benefits.

Thoughts?
>>
>>40812500
the problem with swimming is that techinque is very critical.

if your goal is to burn cals then dont worry, youre probably burning em

but with a shitty techinque it probably takes you as much effort to do 100m as michael phels to do 1km.

ITs really really very decisive
>>
HELP

i've been diagnosed with something called "foreshortened hamstrings"

apparently it goes away if i stretch a lot for a good while, but the thing is that for about 6 months to one year i cannot do any lower back or leg work, only upper body.

should i just go 100% hard on all the lift i can do and risk becoming a nolegsday physique, or should i tone down my lifts so that my dont have as much trouble with my legs when i get there?
>>
>>40812372
whats wrong with the routine?
>>
File: 1485307362313.jpg (254KB, 540x960px)
1485307362313.jpg
254KB, 540x960px
Can I replace conventional deadlifts with sumo? I tried sumo for the first time today and it felt a hell of a lot better on my back than conventional did. Also, I think I lack the mobility to properly deadlift in a conventional stance, as my normal deadlifting stance only feels normal if I have a wide stance anyway. Can I use sumo as a way to develop the mobility to later on incorporate both conventional and sumo into my routine?

Also, would I need to add more lower back work into my routine is I just did sumo? Right now I just do bent over dumbell rows and lat pulldowns for back, alongside romanian and conventional deadlifts.
>>
>>40812739
don't do sumos unless you 100% know what the fuck you are doing. I have a wider stance myself and it works just fine with low bar. your stance is mostly determined by your body structure which you are born with, so some people have a narrow stance, some have a wider one.
>>
I've got a question:
Generally speaking, depending on your body weight what is the optimal amount of weight you should be packing on for the following workouts:
>Squats
>Deadlift
>Bench Press
>>
>>40812500
If you go running for the first time in a while then the results will be shitty too. You will get better at it eventually, you don't have to change it unless you don't really enjoy it and prefer running. Swimming is easier on your joints though, I would do it if I had a cheap swimming pool nearby.
>>
File: image.jpg (915KB, 1747x2341px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
915KB, 1747x2341px
>>40810913
What's a replacement for pays in the morning that has about the same amount of calories? I eat a cup every morning but it's shit and sometimes gives me gas.
>>
>>40812857
>pays
Oats.
>>
>>40812818
Optimal is heavy enough to stimulate progress and light enough so you can keep the form strict. These numbers change with training obviously, you can look up some standards here http://exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html
>>
>>40812870
brother...
>>
>>40812557
The goal is to improve cardio workload over burning calories. I'm not looking to make great times at this point (maybe a number of years from now do a triathlon).

>>40812836
I do prefer swimming, but I don't know if the progress on a running routine like couch to 5k would yield better cardio benefits in a shorter span of time than just aiming to add a length or two to each swimming session within the same time frame which is my current plan. I've seen the swimming version of couch to 5k, but I'm fairly far away from doing even the first week's programming
>>
Is failure to finish reps a part of the process for 5x5?

I already hit a bit of a roadblock with some of my sets because my squats weren't deep enough and I couldn't do the final set for barbells.

I do feel I'm getting stronger though
>>
Anybody else have dark rings/bags under their eyes? Did you ever find a solution?

AFAIK under-sleeping, oversleeping and anaemia can cause it. I don't think I'm anaemic, don't have pale gums or anything. I've been taking iron for about 2 months just in case but haven't noticed any difference. I have been an insomniac all my life but lately I'm sleeping a lot better and still no change. Is there anything I can do about this? I think it really affects my facial aesthetics.
>>
>>40812945
Smile more.
>>
>>40812922
It comes eventually with linear progressions, you can't progress that way forever. They have some rules how to deload in that occasion so look it up on their website.

>>40812894
What do you mean with these fast cardio benefits? They develop over time with your anaerobic capacity, it will rise with swimming too. Planning in long term, you will be probably more consistent with cardio activity that you enjoy. You are probably exerting yourself similarily with swimming anyway, since even though you may cover less distance, your heartrate is high throughout the session, beacuse it's hard for you.

You can also alternate between the two and try out which is better. Or change for running, that's your choice. Are you really better at running though?
>>
is it normal to be out of breath during squats

i did the following:
280x10
290x8
300x6
315x4

and was completely gassed (1rm is 340)

should i switch to sets of 5
>>
>>40810913
>Lost 75 kg
>Started bulking/gaining muscle around 1.5 years ago. With taking a break a few months here and there and slacking the first 3-4 months.
>Often cutted to stay a bit lean
>Have saggy excessive skin tits. Thought it was gyno but it was ruled out
>Due to experience and noticing hiw my body changed I am certain now I will be able to train this to a "normal" chest if I keel up the work
>I'll need some more mass to fill up and I need to stay below a certain bf% for the residue fat pockets in my chest to melt away.
>Tired of bulking>cutting and decided to just bulk up for 4 months to get the mass required ans then cut untill the residue fat is gone.

Basically I'm just asking what routine is the best to just get mass. Dont care about the diet, about a bit extra fat or how many times a week. What is the best routine for bodybuilding? As I have only done strength training in low rep ranges I have no experience whatsoever with just focusing on mass.
Pic related, it was me +- 1,5 months ago. My chest has already improved since then and to give a visual of how bad it was before I started lifting. Imagine the same horrible saggy tits stretching out to where you see the first outlining of my abs. It literall was a 15+cm flab back then.
Also my skin will not retract anymore. When Ibstarted lifting Ibwas already at a healthy weight for over a year.
>>
How much do you do for Dips and Pull ups ?
>>
>>40813106
lost 75kg? is that right? pleaes put before and after picture, i can't even imagine what that looks like.
>>
File: WP_20170210_14_24_07_Pro (3).jpg (245KB, 1079x1048px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170210_14_24_07_Pro (3).jpg
245KB, 1079x1048px
>>40813106
Wrong pic
>>
>>40813004
I smile plenty, I don't think that's the issue
>>
>>40813084
legs are your bodies biggest muscle group
muscles need oxygen
>>
Are sauna suits a meme? Do they help burn extra calories
>>
>>40813143
please show me the before. Also, did you consult with a plastic surgeon? it is my understanding that loose skin fixes itself over time
>>
>>40813135
Aight. This isn't even a poc on my heaviest. Sadly I gained roughly 15 kg after this pic.
>>
>>40813106
Heavy deadlifting, pullups and squats

those big three give you the most general body mass if you keep eating enough
>>
File: aniki_woke.jpg (38KB, 473x357px)
aniki_woke.jpg
38KB, 473x357px
Wtf, why doesn't the SS routine have any bicep exercises?
I'm starting gym soon and am wondering if it's ok to just add some curls after every workout?
>>
>>40813171
congrats man, your transformation is incredible
>>
>>40813169
Yeah I did. Before I started lifiting she said there was no way I'd be able to fix my stomach and tits. Ofcourse I'll have to get surgery for my stomach but that gets paid back mostly here. Just want to see if I can still train my chest to "normal". Otherwise I'm gonna do both surgeries at the same time. But if O compare to where I am now and ahen I went to the doctor I am certain I dont nees surgety if I just keep going for abother year. The improvement between this and that time is insane it's just hard to get that last bit of fat away trapped in there so I'll need zo be sub 10% bf for half a year or so, which really isn't a problem for me anymore.
And yes it retracts but you can compare yoir skin to a balloon. If you blow up a balloon it retracts to normal, but if yoi blow it up to big that it stretches out to much it still retracta except that you stretched it out to much that it will never be able to retract enough to get to it's original form.
>>
>>40813226
pull ups hit your biceps hard
>>
>>40813235
but with surgery you can get it back to 100% normal, right?
>>
>>40813241
I have a pullup bar and I mainly feel it in my back desu. Wouldn't rely on those to build my biceps
>>
>>40813033
>What do you mean with these fast cardio benefits?
I mean the cardio noob gains.

>Are you really better at running though?
I'd say so because my arms seem to be a limiting factor in progress. My rest times tend to be more for letting them cool down to work again than for catching my breath.
>>
>>40813174
I'm doing those, and benching aswell. I was just wondering what is best. High volume, low frequentie or low volume high frequentie. And if it's best to go ppl or push/pull/x or some other routine. I know the best thing for sets to gain mass is counting time under tention (45 sec +) instead of going for low reps like I am now.
>>
>>40813250
how many pullups can you do?
>>
>>40813226
Read the book and you will see he actually recommends assistance excersizes
>>
>>40813268
~13
>>
Is it normal to feel the biceps during the bench press or am i doing something terrible wrong here?
>>
>>40813281
weight and height
>>
>>40811829
Avoid running on concrete. But if you must, make sure your shoes properly support your feet and supply shock absorption to some extent.
>>
>>40813296
180cm, 65kg
>>
Just getting back in the gym and back on /fit/ in the first time in over a year.
Currently skinnyfat and just moved to SoCal, trynna flex on the beach.
What should I be eating to maximize noobgains and minimize fat/maybe burn some off?
>>
>>40810913
Google search OP image for wtf
>>
>>40813312
do it weighted mr skelly
>>
>>40813249
It'll never look the same as before and I'll still have a shitload of stretch marks and a huge scar, but yeah it'll be "normal". I already accepted the stretch marks and future scars but the loose skin is really putting a strain on my intimate life. The problem is that it costs +- 5k and I've been living on my own since 18 struggling, so I really dont have alot saved up. The tummy tuck only costs 1k thou. Another problem is that I'll be out for atleast a month at work so I'll need enough finances to get me through that aswell. That's why I prefer to do them at the same time if I do them both.
>>
>>40813335
but even with stretch marks and all, could you have your skin tightened enough to have a six pack?
>>
>>40813342
Ofcourse, they also reposition your belly button if it's a case as bad as mine.
>>
File: fat fuck.jpg (238KB, 902x845px)
fat fuck.jpg
238KB, 902x845px
>>40810913
I need some ideas constructing a new gym routine since i finally feel the burn to go to the gym every once in a while. Im considering going only once a week since i allready climb twice a week and also do hiking/rowing/cycling 2-5 times a week. Main focus would go for legs core, shoulders and tris. I seriously need to increase the strenght of my legs in awkward and varying positions, so many different variations of squats needed.

Heres a rough estimate on the routine
frontsqwts 3x5
highbar atg 3x5
(decent weight on both but still going for easy speedy reps since i need to increase my explosiveness)
random glute+hammy excercise 5x10 any good ideas?
Push press 3x5
lateral raise 3x10
rear delts 3x10
traps 3x10
calf raise 4x20
dips 3x5
random core excercise russian twists+ab wheel or something similar
+some calisthenics work towards press handstand and maybe occasional extra sprints or some shit.
Ideas and critique and calling me a faggot welcome. Pic is me after monstrous bulk while doing SS from few years ago.
>>
>>40813434
Kaunis kuva
>>
Is it bad to do a powerlifting routine 4x a week while also running intensely 5 times a week?
I eat a lot and want to get a sub 3 hour marathon and a 5k in at least the 15s.
>>
>>40813836
More info on the routine would be helpful. But as a general rule listen to your body and keep sure that your progress in either one isn´t stagnating. Also i can´t put a serious enough emphasis to analyzing yourself from an outsaider perspective. Write all your conserns regarding your well being and your fitness down and check them from time to time and see if how you actually generally feel. /fit/ and the world is filled with people in denial of their general well being and people continue to push themselves past the point of retardation. Chasing the dragon as fast as you can doesn´t equate the best progress overall.

>>40813434
also asking for some god tier ab exercises that can be done without too much pressure on back.
>>
File: IMG_0687.jpg (45KB, 449x463px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0687.jpg
45KB, 449x463px
Literal skelly here, want to build arm muscle. I'm poor as fuck and only have 10 pound dumbbells. If I do 5 sets of thirty a day and 10 sets of maxing out on chin ups, 5 days a week, will anything happen in 3 months?
>>
>>40814039

More than if you did nothing, but still basically nothing.
>>
File: SKruJBF.png (31KB, 481x584px) Image search: [Google]
SKruJBF.png
31KB, 481x584px
I'm doing ivysaur for about 4 months in total 2 months on 3 months off and 2 months on again. My legs are much larger compared to upper body. I'd like to develop chest and arms more. I've already added a few pull ups to failure at the end of each work. How could I
add incline bench or curls?
>>
What â„… bf is tachanka from siege
>>
>>40814049
lower reps with more weight would be better, right?
>>
>>40814039
You'll see results for sure, working from skelly up is easy mode.
>>
>>40812650
this please this?
>>
I have a rounded back and when I do squats I fear I'm not keeping my back rigid enough. Any advice for my problem?
>>
>>40814039
Here´s some decent program for your setup
warm up (spin your arms and do some broom handle stretches)
chinups 3x70% of your max amount of chinups as baseline
diamond pushups 3x70% of your max amount of diamond pushups as baseline
3x10 lateral rises with those dumbells
3x10 reardelt rises with dumbells
go for 3x10 in chinups and 3x15-20 in pushups then add dumbell in backpack for extra weight

Also check out this way too poor quality pic for more poorfag proof excercises if you start to get more into lifting.
>>
File: 0HeWy0N.jpg (654KB, 2207x2340px)
0HeWy0N.jpg
654KB, 2207x2340px
>>40814243
forgot pic.
>>40814222
increase hamstring flexibility and it should ease up. also loosen up your hips overall and do some core work.
>>
>>40810913
Does anyone else have knock knees or valgus knee? Can it be corrected without surgery.
>>
what accessory lifts should I be doing if I am trying to hit 1/2/3/4 as quickly as humanly possible
>>
>>40813434
Volume is too high bruv.
I'd go for.
1x5 dl (after warmup, also targets your traps)
3x8 highbar squat low weight focusing on muh explosiveness.
3x8 dips (you're also working tris and front delt with this)
3x15 walking lunges (Putting an excercise between 2 leg excercises to allow recovery so you can get max results again).
3x8-10 front row (Targets all delts)

I wouldn't do anything more for shoulders. Maybe only 2 sets on front row instead of 3 and add 2 sets off lateral raises. You can do some calf excercises if you want. Even the volume ob the program I just point out is too high. Especially for once a week, you wont make much progress after the initial start.
You could do some farmers walks at the end for dat gripstr and huge traps.
Dont do any excess ab work on this day, you use it enough in these excercises. If you really want to you should do it on another day. Just a quick ab routine should do.

If anything I'd even cut out alot of volume aswell abd just go twice a week. If your workout takes longer than 40-45 mins as a novice/intermediate (if you're natty) you're doing it wrong. If you'd do this routine you literally target everything.
Low volume, higher frequentie>>>High volume low freq. Especially if you're already that active.

Tbh, I even think the routine I gave is fucking shit but I tried to stick a bit to your "goals" and routine, which is even more shit.
Also, you're a faggot.
>>
File: 1490225124121.png (427KB, 1933x2299px) Image search: [Google]
1490225124121.png
427KB, 1933x2299px
I have pelvic floor pains all of a sudden

How fix
>>
I tend to get dizzy/lightheaded when I lift. I feel like it slows me down a lot. What can I do to stop that from happening?
>>
Does cheese become unhealthy when you melt it?
>>
>>40814538
Normal as lifting causing oxygen to go to muscles. Just make sure you take deep breathes and rest between sets until your body is better.
>>
>>40814655
>does solid milk become unhealthy when it liquified?

>>40814391
Whichever exercises will assist you in making those lifts. For instance in bench you might do a micro-cycle of lockouts followed by a micro-cycle of board presses.

>>40814171
Bodweight. Work on pistols.
>>
>>40814269
that progression is real shit

Progression t. s. From the latin progressus, means something that goes from least difficulty to most difficulty.

THIS PROGRESSION IS ABSOLUTE SHIT, it has sudden spikes in difficulty that go from so easy that a retarded paralitic person can do it to only elite athletes can even attempt it, and sometimes the difficulty fankly decreases with the progression, fuck this hsit so bad

whoever fall s for this meme is never getting nice abs, ever
>>
I'm almost finished cutting, and want to begin clean bulking.
What kind of surplus should I be eating on a clean bulk, and should I eat a surplus on non-workout days?
>>
>>40815163
if you dont mind me asking, could i see a pic? im curious to know at what point other people say its enough
>>
>>40814243
thanks my man
>>
>>40815097
I just looked through the whole thing and it looks fine to me. What's your problem with it?
>>
the pushup progression is a joke, up until the point of decline diamond pushup i could get an elementary school kid to do all of the excersises.
THEN SUDDENLY excersise 11 is EVEN MUCH MUCH EASIER THAN THE REST

and then its all super easy, till you get to 13, which is impossible unless youre really trained.
then 14 is posisble again and then 15 is really a move for elites.

the handstand is the same . super easy till 6, super hard since 7.

i dont need to look at the rest to know its shit.

Also, no matter how many pistol squats you make youre NEVER gonna get good leg muscle from bodyweight
>>
Is seated OHP cheating in the same way a Smith machine bench press is?
>>
>>40815046
when you melt cheese something happens to the fat in it, it changes properties or something. i dont about that milk question thogh
>>
It's a long shot, but is anyone here diagnosed and treated for AGHD here? I have a couple /fit/-related questions to ask.
>>
>>40815364
yes, growth hormone injections. you need them if you really have that
>>
>>40815395
I'm well-aware, m8. I had childhood GHD and had daily injections for seven years. Due to living in the boonies, I was never tested for AGHD. My endocrinologist is looking everywhere else first, since the test is a bitch to order and do, but there's a chance I might still have it. I have questions related to getting /fit/ if I have it.
>>
File: zane-out.jpg (20KB, 236x504px) Image search: [Google]
zane-out.jpg
20KB, 236x504px
>>40815267
All the first few progressions are a joke but it caters to cuck tier skrawny kids.

11th push up is really dependant on angle and also teaches form for the one armed one. 14 one is also dependant on the angle and can easily be made harder than 13th. 15 isn´t even close to being fucking elite, just did one out of curioisity and i haven´t even hit the gym for 6 months. 1 arm chinup is easily the hardest one of them all but achiavable, have done it in the past and used same kind of progression.

The dude uses some bad angles for the progression on handstand push ups but you can easily modify it according to your strength.

Agree on the bodyweight squats but you can allways add a backpack filled with waterbottles to progress further alltough real squats are a better option.

There´s nothing wrong with the infograph if you just use your brain and adjust the angles.
faggot.

>>40815223
also forgot to add to do it three times a week at most.
>>
>>40815440
i dont know what you could possibly have.

youre gonna have less progress than normal people but thats about it, other than that you should do the same and listen to your doctor
>>
>>40815505
the real problem with bodyweight is that ... well it depends on body weight,

they are generally easy for scrawny skelingtons with no mass

but they are hell on well developed master race
>>
>>40815506
Do you have AGHD? Like, I want personal stories from people with AGHD. How much progress they made pre-treatment, how much progress post-treatment, when did they actually get their energy back to function like a normal human being, kind of stuff. Again, I know it's a long shot.
>>
has anyone here ever actually went on a 1kg per week weight loss diet?
>>
Let's consider two identical twins who wants to get bigger triceps
Twin 1 incorporates 10 weekly sets of a single triceps exercise, let's say triceps push down (but could be anything)
Twin 2 incorporates 10 weekly sets of triceps work too, but split across 2 or 3 exercises.

I know that different exercises target different heads, but let's be serious here.
How much will realistically lose twin 1 compared to twin 2? Aren't the triceps going to grow given enough volume?
>>
Bros, I need to make it, but right now, there's no possible way that I will. I would like to know, how do I into lifting+weight loss? From what I've been reading, what I need to do is start SS. I get that. What I don't get is how do I go about lifting? Would I start off at 100lb, or what? Do I just put weights onto a bar until it gets a bit difficult to lift?
Just to give you an image:
>5'5"
>160-170lbs (fluctuates during the week)
>can hardly lift 80lb bags of cement
I already look like shit, so I really don't have much going for me. I need to at least have a decent body and be able to lift heavy shit.
So, what's a good SS routine? What I have now:
>Monday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press / Press (Alternating)
Chin-ups: 3 sets to failure
>Wednesday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Press / Bench Press (Alternating)
1x5 Deadlift
>Friday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
Pull-ups: 3 sets

And for cutting, just eat less, right? I don't really eat more than 2,000 calories a day(if even that), so should I decrease that to 1,600, or something even lower?
>>
Is it normal to fail my repetitions before moving on in linear programs? Would I get stronger if I keep doing same weights?
>>
>i should be fine or i should eat something else?
>>
File: IMG_7555.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7555.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Guys I need help, I been having pain in my lower left bicep towards the elbow area for about a week. I first noticed it after going for a one rep max on deadlift but not even being able to lift the bar up, my left arm was supinated and mu lower left bicep it hurt a little but I heard no popping sound.

It's been a week and the slight pain will come and go, it feels like doms kinda, I also notice some red/purple is discolouration along the bicep compared to my right one. Could also be stretch marks since some new bright red ones have appeared near my shoulder on both arms recently

Did I tear a tendon, partial tear or just inflammation? Should I go to the doctor? I'm in the UK so it'll be "free"

Pic is left arm
>>
File: IMG_7556.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px)
IMG_7556.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>40815931
Right 'normal' arm

This angle makes them look tiny
>>
Whats the best way to grow calves? Running, high weight, high reps?
>>
>>40816027
high volume
>>
File: 1478204760029.png (680KB, 846x701px)
1478204760029.png
680KB, 846x701px
>>40814064
pic for reference
>>
>>40810913
How do I get rid of bloat
>>
>>40816027
Heavy. Volume.
Do a set of heavy, then drop set that shit for volume.
Repeat at least twice.
Calves can take so much punishment. And need it to grow.
>>
>>40810913
Is their a bodyfat range that allows you to build muscle with the least amount of fat gain?
I have heard between 10-20%, or is this just a meme?
>>
How many times have you guys read the sticky?
I find myself going back for a read every few months.
>>
>>40810913
damn i wish my girlfriends ass was like that
>>
>>40815670
Eat at a deficit and lift and the rest will come mate.
>>40815931
could be tennis elbow. I sometimes feel a bit of tingle doing deadlifts.
>>40816027
weighted vest with cardio. Particularly stairclimber.
>>40816171
no carbs, especially no beer.
>>
If my first week of a cut didn't seem to go anywhere and I stayed strict on my diet, is it probably just water weight nonsense?

Every TDEE calculator I've come across has me at 2600 or so and I'm making sure to stay under 2100 every day.

If I keep on track it'll start going down, right?
>>
>>40816302
I dont find TDEE calculators to accurately represent your activity. Try a few more hundred calories deficit.
>>
if i weigh 89kg/196 what is a good starting calorie goal for cutting?
>>
>been working out for a few months
>had a lot of soreness after workouts
>have a sudden bit of chest soreness for about a day and a half
>chest soreness goes away
>go to do push ups (been my only real chest exercise)
>for some reason get some fucking UMPH on 'em
>fucking launching myself off the ground on the up
>going all the way down 'til my body touches floor

Am I finally going to develop pecs?
>>
How long until a Bulged disc heals or at least core helps it
>>
>5'5-56
>150-155 pounds

what cals should i get to cut?
>>
>>40816777
not many of em. The right ones
>>
>>40810913
So you bench 35 pounds more than you ohp? and you row what you bench... in trying to picture these things. I can't.
>>
>>40816924
over or under 2000?
>>
>>40816982
>less than 6'
>wants to eat big boy calories

stick to happy meals kid
>>
>>40816959
you are supposed to row as much as you bench
or atleast the numbers should be close
>>
>>40816982
you want us to go to a tdee calculator for you
fuck you
fuck you so bad lazy piece of shit
you dont deserve anyhting
you will die with your shitty body

it is an aberration of nature that your genetical inferiority is still around
>>
Anyone ever Bulged a disc and recover
>>
How are landwhale carcasses handled? The most I've seen are 'Plus Sizes' caskets, but even those wouldn't be able to fit a 600lb hamplanet. I doubt they could be cremated normally either.
>>
Why do I see people smacking their stomach as they do crunches
>>
The smell of my girls sweat is delicious, even after a few days.
It's not that im fetishistically atracted to it, i legit perceive it as something nice.

Is this some pheromone brain issue?
Even she says she stinks sometimes after doing excersise or something but i find it intoxicating
>>
Popcorn for bulking

yes/no?

I struggle to reach enough calories each day, but this is an easy way to get in another 400 calories from 100g
>>
>>40817489
calories from non protein get you fat not swole
>>
I don't want to lift on sport days. Sport days are wednesday, thursday, sunday. That means friday, saturday, monday and tuesday are the only days I can lift, which means if I want to lift 3x/week I would have to lift 2 days in a row once per week.
How important is having a rest day? Is it better to cut down to 2x/week or to still go 3 days a week even if it means missing a rest day? And is there anything like a lighter session I could do on the friday to lessen the load?
For me, lifting is secondary to sport, so I don't mind if I don't have super optimised gains.
>>
I want to get into meditation, but the real kind, not some 40s white bread yoga pants soccer mom zumba tier shit. Anyone have any recommendations on what sites offer the best information?
>>
Any meditation fags here? I want to get into it, but it's such a runaround of retarded blog posts trying to find good information on how exactly to do it properly.

What are the basics, is it really just focus on your breathing and clear your mind?

I remember reading a story about monks who could control their body temperature through meditation, and it was scientifically verified, they were outside in - 20 for hours and skin temperature didn't drop. I want to learn how to control my body like that.
>>
Is intermittent fasting a real thing?
>>
>>40814039
invest in a pair of 35lb dbs or just get a cheap gym membership somewhere, you're just wasting your time on 10lbs
>>
>>40817936
If you wanna go deep...

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25942786-the-mind-illuminated
>>
Eurofag here. Is it normal to eat peanut butter out of the jar? I tried the stuff out a few weeks ago and I am absolutely addicted to it.

Also, is it just me, or is PB a really amazing bulking food? Besides milk, I don't really see anything being better within it's price range and milk really isn't filling.
>>
>>40818644
It helps you with controlling your eating but not everyone is up for it.
>>40818769
Easy to go overboard with. As a bulking food there is few others that are better than peanut butter so it's pretty goat.
>>40817371
"my girls"? Your daughter or your girlfriends? If girlfriend it is prolly hormones, if it's your daughter it's also your hormones but you're a sick fuck.
>>40816661
You've finally gotten stronger, but to actually develop muscle mass at a steady rate you need to increase the resistance so you won't just get pecs from pushups. There are, however, pushup variations you can try to help you plateu a little later.
>>40816225
>>40815601
Yes
>>40815293
Neither is "cheating". You're just incorporating less muscle fibers than you would doing it standing.
>>
I drink two to three gallons of water a day. Should I stop?
>>
>>40818817
>my girls"? Your daughter or your girlfriends? If girlfriend it is prolly hormones, if it's your daughter it's also your hormones but you're a sick fuck.
typo, its my girl, singular

so i can smell hormones in her sweat?

if this is a thing how do gay people get excited, do they excrete girly hormones?
>>
>>40818828
no, do not stop drinking water, it is necesary for survival
>>
>>40818835
I'm not expert in smells. I just know the same applies to women if you're worked out quite a sweat. I think your question about homos is above my expertise.
>>40818828
Why do you drink that much....? Do you strictly drink water?
>>
>>40818852
is three gallons a day anything I should worry about?

>>40818853
Water plus a glass of milk or two and sometimes beer. Ever since I started lifting I've been drinking more and more water.
>>
>>40818857
Three gallons a day should kill you. You're either miscounting or I have no clue. How much do you weigh?
>>
>>40818857
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
>>
>>40818876
6'3" 167 gone from 145 since the end of January.

I have a pitcher that holds half a gallon I fill up 4-6 times a day I kept a running tally.

>>40818890
According to Wikipedia I should be able to piss out four gallons a day. If I ever get heatstroke I guess I'll chug some salt.
>>
>>40817768
rest days are crucial. (I assume you're doing SS or something similar)
You're better of lifting 2x week. Without a rest day you will make zero progress.
2x week will still get you stronger.

On the off season you can train 3x week.

Also, EAT!
>>
>>40819310
thank you anon
>>
How much of a difference contracting the muscles as opposed to just focusing on the form does to muscle building?
>>
File: yF0dV0Z.png (338KB, 745x558px) Image search: [Google]
yF0dV0Z.png
338KB, 745x558px
I have a hard time engaging/feeling my lats in rowing/pulling exercise, I always feel it in my forearms first. What gives?
>>
>>40811926
people who aren't fat can see their trachea
>>
looking forward to start gym in april, but i'm having trouble grabbing the bar for (low-bar) squats. been doing shoulder dislocations for the past 3 days and it's slightly better now, but I still have a rather wide grip.

should i just keep doing dislocations or any other advice?
>>
what does QTDDTOT stand for?

yes, I'm a newfag.
>>
>>40819443
quite the diddely doo there old thomas
>>
how long will it take to adjust to lifting 6 days a week?
>>
>>40819467
The real problem is finding the time.

I live 10 miles from the nearest gym and tend to go 3-4 days because going 6 would cost 20 bucks a week just in gas but I usually get to that side of town anyways a few times a week.
>>
>>40819443
Questions that don't deserve their own thread
>>
>>40819509
I'm a NEET fuck with a "home gym" so times no problem for me, just 2 weeks into it and I'm starting to feel worn down
>>
>>40819387
I had the same problem. I suggest 2 things.

Get a grip trainer. Those little things that look like a spring with two handles.

The other thing is to change up your grip or what kind of bar you're gripping. I did pulldowns underhanded and shoulder width instead of overhanded and wide.
>>
>>40815931
>>40815948
Ok went to the doctor, he said I most likely inflammed the tendon and prescribed me anti-inflammatory medicine (Naproxen) and to ice it regularly since I wasn't using any ibroprofen or ice before

Hope it works and I hope it's just inflammed and nothing more
>>
Is the replacing the normal bar with a swiss bar worth it for shoulder health?
>>
guys, are BCAA supplements worth it?
>>
>>40819852
No, BCAA is fucking useless aside from a placebo effect from the tingly feeling. Only worthwhile suppliments are beta-alanine, taurine, creatine, whey and roids from the lifting lineup of suppliment products.
>>
Im doing Pushups for the first time in a year,i've been sedentary for that long.

And now,when doing them with what i think is good form i feel stress in my shoulders and they get sore after exercising,while my muscles dont even feel like they're under duress.
i can do like 5 pushups max,and then cant move myself,but i still dont feel my muscles getting sore.

How normal is this?
>>
>>40819881
>what i think is good form

Go Google and make sure you're doing them with good form.
>>
I feel pain and tightness in my hip rotators all the time, especially when I use my abductors to externally rotate, I know it's because I wasn't flexible enough for ATG squats at first which is why I'm taking a break from squats and deads right now, what do I do to break the tightness and what are some good stretches to prevent this in the future?
>>
Starting from what age is it weird to still be a virgin ?
Should I even care?

> t. 23 years old
>>
>>40819890
yeah i mean it must be.
Glutes and abs are tight so to keep my pelvis in line,forearms are vertical to the ground,elbows are tucked in...
so yeah,what might i be missing?

the soreness and pressure i feel is in the front side of the shoulder,above the pec
>>
>>40810913

Started Jan 11th of this year, did Stronglifts for the first month but switched to Starting Strength shortly after.

First Day Stats:
5'11 80kg
Squat 70kg 5x5
Bench Press 40kg 5x5
Deadlift 70kg 1x5

As of Yesterday:
5'11 87.5kg
Squat 140kg 3x5
Deadlift 145kg 1x5
Bench Press: 65kg 3x5

I've always had a really bad shoulder injury, finally going to physiotherapy this Thursday to get it fixed. I think my pressing movements would be much higher if I had no injury
>>
What do BCAA actually do? Everything I google ends up telling me they're "good for recovery". Can someone elaborate a little please? I've heard from here they're good for working out fasted so I've been using them for that since I work out early on the weekends but I'm still not sure if I need them.
>>
>>40815670
>what weight?
Just go along to the gym and squat a set with just the bar. If that felt fine, add a little weight and do another set. Repeat until it feels heavy, then that's your starting weight. Do two more sets of that to hit your 3x5 and that's your squats done, move onto the next ex and do the same thing.
>>
When you guys go on a cut, do you just maintain your lifting stats?

Should you still try to progressive overload? Do you cut volume?

Or do you keep your routine exactly the same but never increase the weight?
>>
So google tells me peanuts have 26g protein / 100g.

I have a packet of roasted peanuts that say they have 12g protein / 100g.

Who do I believe?
>>
>>40820168
always go with the lower estimation.

Also,when Bulking,use lowest end of calorie estimate
When Cutting,use Higher end
>>
>>40820168
scan the bag with myfitnesspal ya doofus
>>
>>40819984
No you shouldn't care because you'll end up obsessing over it. My friend was a virgin till 22 and the first girl he slept with is his wife now. I've never seen a happier or better put together individual. When you lose it means nothing. That being said, it gets weird around 30.
>>
/adv/ is slow and I want advice from /fit/ bros.

I don't really have friends who share my taste in music. Tonight there was this drum and bass gig on with an overseas artist (& kinda cheap imo). I couldn't find anyone keen on such short notice as I only found out about it yesterday.

I was considering going by myself but I reasoned out of going by saying to myself it's better for my ears and if it was meant to be, one of the mates I hit up would have been keen. Plus I'm near broke.

I've been to gigs by myself before and they were enjoyable, but I've never been to a dnb gig at all so idk what it'd be like. Seeing as I'm poor af, I'd be tipsy at best since I don't want to take anything by myself due to inexperience with other substances.

Anyways I'm feeling like shit because I was kinda stoked when I heard they were playing and I'm missing out (& I feel like I'm wasting my youth kinda).

How to get over these feels brehs?
>>
>>40820205
>always go with the lower estimation.

It's not about which estimate I'm gonna go with, it's about how much protein peanuts have. I'm not eating peanuts if they've got 12g of protein.
>>
>>40820013
>Squat 140kg 3x5
>Deadlift 145kg 1x5
What is going on here?
>>
>>40820377
you should have gone anyway. in my country, people go to d&b gigs for the music, it's not much of a social thing
>>
>>40820377
KYS
>>
>>40810913
>Bench 1pl8
>DL 225
this triggers my autism
>>
>>40820013
3/4ths of your weight gain is fat.
>>
YOHIMBINE HCL

Is it normal to feel a slight feeling of "euphoria" on this stuff? It doesn't feel like a drug but I do feel better. I've been taking 7.5mg every morning on an empty stomach with coffee and I feel like mood is lifted and my body feels all warm and fuzzy. I don't experience any jitteriness or racing heart like some people. Any way thanks.
>>
Is a fullbody workout in two days in row too much?
90min workout: AXBXABX
>>
>>40820995
yes
>>
What's the purpose of being able to do vacuums, or sucking in your gut? From an evolutionary standpoint, I mean. What good would that do in the wild, besides squeezing through waist-high gaps?
>>
>>40821122
Hiding your gut when walking past hot chicks
>>
>>40820168
The package. It accounts for all the ingredients specific to your pack. Google is an average.
>>
>>40821141
The only ingredients are peanuts and salt...I don't think the ingredients specific to the pack can explain the discrepancy.

OTOH my peanut butter (100% peanut) says 30g protein.
>>
Can't handle all the squats in SS while cutting. Taking out the middle session. Should I replace with anything? Still gonna diddly 3x a week. Also got sick during last week's ss. Failed every lift. Starting to feel better but still shitty. Should I wait a couple more days to pick up were left off or work through this cols
>>
>>40821169
Google's peanuts are high protein. Your package is right use it you numb fuck. Look into different brands of peanuts next time and see if there is a difference. What's the fucking problem here
>>
Anyone have experience doing a mix of fullbody and U/L or PUSH/PULL? I've been doing 3x/week fullbody for around 6 months but I feel like doing 4x/week.

FxFxULx or FxFxPushPullx
>>
>>40821182
Never looked in to SS, it really has you deadlifting 3x a week on top of squatting? Seems stupid, and probably not sustainable on a cut with heavy weight.
>>
>>40821122
Are you serious brah? Your "gut" is comprised of muscles, they contract and expand like any other muscle
>>
>>40819992
Congrats you found out that chest work involves a lot of shoulder

weak shoulders/10
>>
I'm currently cutting @2000 calories.

Diet is going fine but I'm really tired every day and it's starting to affect my life. It's nearly impossible for me to go to uni in the morning since I've started.

I'm training 4 times a week, 1h30 each time approx.

My diet consist of:

Morning:
Eggs + rice + ham
Multivitamins

Lunch:
Salad (avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, leaf salad, sardines, tuna, balsamic)

After-workout (or snack on off day):
2 scoops of whey

Dinner:
Rice + chicken + various vegetables

Wat do, please halp.

22y, 102kg (~224lbs), 1m92 (~6'4")
>>
>>40821201
Don't think that's it either. The peanuts are Virginia, which google lists at 25g protein. In any case all the different varieties are within 2g of each other.
>>
>>40821456
>
Watch out with tuna (mercury poisoning)
4*1h30 is too much, post workout
>>
>>40811949

Enjoy your cortisol spike and 0 progress after a week. You'll look like shit in the end.

Next time set appropiate timings for your goals.
>>
Just got out of the gym, did front squat at 40 kg (last time I did 50) and on the first rep I felt my back go. Managed to finish rep but my back is fucked now. Anyone have any idea what went wrong and what I can do to stop my back hurting
>>
>>40814039

You'll make no progress if you don't EAT BIG CMONNNN
>>
>>40821615
>Anyone have any idea what went wrong
your form obviously. With those weights even with bad form it shouldn't be too hard for your back
>what I can do
rest
>>
>>40821280
In the beginning you do then you start adding power cleans and shit. Guess I could just move on to phase 2 but you still squat 3 times a week
Also rotator cuff somehow got wrecked? Think it was my ab wheel. Or un racking weight on bench. It's always weird to un rack no matter how I position myself
>>
>calloused dry hands

wut do? using alcohol with aloe moustorizer
>>
Are rest days a meme can I just do full body exercises everday or is that counterproductive?
>>
Should I post my progress in a CBT thread or should I make my own thread? What should a progress post have in terms of information and content?
>>
>>40821747
>are rest days a meme

This is questions that don't deserve their own thread not stupid question thread
>>
Will I get made fun of if I dead lift but can only do 2pl8?
>>
>>40821456

How long have you been on this cut?

How are your muscles recovering? Do you feel excessive soreness.

How much do you sleep?

How fast are you losing weight?

2000 Kcal seems like a harsh cut (~750cal deficit) for your size but it shouldn't affect your life that much.
>>
>>40821912
I ment if I use a belt.
>>
>>40821565
Workout:

Monday: Chest + Biceps
Tuesday: Back + Triceps
Thursday: Shoulders + Biceps
Friday: Legs + Triceps

Every muscle group is worked by at least 3 exercices, so basically 6 exercices by day. I'm doing my workout working on bi-set i.e alterning between one chest and one biceps exercice then taking 2 minutes rest for example.

The exercices themselves are choosen to focus on a specific part of the muscle (lower back, upper back, lats etc).

I try to do abs every day.
>>
>>40821747

You can do conditioning (HIIT/LISS) or isolation/accesory work on off days once you're used to the stress. Stop if your lifts are suffering.
>>
Do you guys work out when you're sick?
>>
>>40821914

I've been on a cut since the beginning of January, trying to not eat shit. I've done my diet I was talking about 2 weeks ago tho.

Muscles are really fine, soreness is noticeable the day after but no more.

I sleep way too much, I just can't get up in the morning to go to uni, that's why I'm starting to be worried. I sleep AT LEAST 10 hours and just can't sleep less.

Since january I've lost something like ~8kg (can be really precise since I don't have a scale at home and I'm weighting myself at the gym).

Thanks for your help guys
>>
>>40821975

Good way to get injured, increase the time you're sick or get someone else sick. Just wait until you're better, fitness is about the long haul.
>>
>>40822033
Dude I'm just pissed cause I was finally gonna hit lmao2pl8 on my squat today
>>
So I've been lifting about a year with pretty respectable lifts. I'm having problem with my back on my bench. When I'm hitting like the last rep and I'm really pushing it sometimes I get a pain in my back, right beneath my shoulder blade. It feels like I'm pulling a muscle in my back.

Am I arching my back too much, not enough, losing tension in my shoulder blades, what?

I never get it when I warm up but if I'm pushing my last rep doing 5/3/1 or like my last assistance set I get it. Am I going towards snap city?
>>
File: 1459465607357.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1459465607357.webm
2MB, 960x540px
Who is this semon demon?
>>
>>40822168
Watch this video. Skip to around 3:20 to skip to the explanation about form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T9UQ4FBVXI
>>
>>40822196
I was distracted by the chick sitting down I didn't even see what happened untilt hey prompted it.
>>
>>40822019

Weird, 8kg is ok since you were pretty overweight.

I think your problem is not particularly related to diet. Sounds like you're having some brain issues like stress/depression/anxiety. I don't think I can help you here, see a doctor.
>>
File: 1483821986084.png (55KB, 200x203px) Image search: [Google]
1483821986084.png
55KB, 200x203px
I get a pain in the back-left of my left knee when I am squatting below a certain point it feels as if some small tendon is going over something and the knee kind of wants to give out even though the amount of pain is very small, 2-3 hours after my workout it feels like something is inflammated there and the pain has spread a bit, what did I do to my knee? Should I be worried?
>>
at wich intervals is weight loss noticeable?

i lost 1kg in one week, but i notice nothing

is it noticeable in 2kg in two weeks?

a month? two months? a year?

how long do i have to keep this up to really make a difference
>>
>>40822236
watched it all, doesn't help at all

my form is good but on my last rep I get that pain just in my middle back under my shoulder blade, almost always my left side thoracic area

I think it might be because I don't bench with a spotter so I have to unrack the weights myself and I lose some back tension after setting up when doing this

I can feel it coming because I lose power on one side coming up on that last tough rep
>>
When after SS is ideal to switch to PPL? After 1/2/3/4?
>>
>>40820478
I told you my arms are weak
>>
Ok friends, so i'm doing SS, i'm one month and two weeks in, and i don't want my arms to get behind.
I'm doing curls 3x week, at the end of my trainings, as an acessory. Is the only thing i added.

Is tihs enough? I understand i will not get really big since is a strenght training, but i feel my arms are really behing me right now.
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>40811818
>>40811839
jesus christ if you're shit at giving advice stop lurking
you can make solid progress in 5-8 months and it's indeed time for him to switch for a better routine, he sounds like he has enough strength for one
>>
>>40822368
Depends on your starting point. If you're 200kg, going to 190 is not noticeable.
>>
>>40810913
How to deal whit hemorrhoids? I get some gel, but is there some quickly pain relief?
>>
>>40822632
im 173cm 87kg pic related

also, is it me or do i have some gains visible under all that fat
>>
>>40822777
>1 week
>noticeable gains
>>
>>40812500
Watch a few videos on crawl form. Get a kick board and a pull buoy for isolation. Swimming helped me lose 30lbs in high school.
>>
>>40822804
the cut is 1 week old, the lifting is a couple of months in, also i do sports
>>
>>40810913
Should I just do a brosplit if my primary goal is aesthetics and I don't have a ton of time to lift?
>>
>>40822359
Can anyone help please?
>>
>>40822777
notice how every dyel posts detailed progress pics?
>>
File: file.png (273KB, 502x325px)
file.png
273KB, 502x325px
Whats the science behind knee wraps? does it improve squatting? Considering getting a pair
>>
>>40822897
Do you have any vids or pics of you squatting? It sounds like a form problem.
>>
how do i find the energy to workout after faping?

i usually do it after i workout but i havent been able to control myself recently.
>>
I really want to get my bench up. I bench 57.5kg x 5, and I want to get to 80kg by October. No micro plates, so my smallest total increment is 2.5kg (I have 1.25kg plates). How do I do this?
Currently 70 kg at 5'7. Bulking at 3k calories a day, and doing coolcicada's ppl.
>>
>>40822929
I thought about that but I think my form is decent enough to not get my knees hurt or at least injure both of them as I'm not losing balance or wiggling side to side ,I don't think it's the weight either I'm only doing lmao 1pl8 for 5x5
>>
should i be wearing a belt when deadlifting? I can only lift up to 285lbs
>>
whats the best source for calorie information
>>
>slight pain at top of asscrack/tailbone when clenching asshole
>pain never shows up anywhere else

Any ideas what I did? Isn't affecting lifts or anything...yet. Just curious what it could be since I assume I fucked it up lifting but I never felt any pain or anything from squatting or deadlifitng.
>>
How do prisoners manage to bulk the fuck up when doing time? Prison food is absolute shit and barely meets the minimum nutritional requirements, and you can't get roids that easily. What's their secret, besides all the surprise shower rapes?
>>
good core exercises besides planks?

I already do planks just trying to find something else as well
>>
>>40822926
Those are knee sleeves on the pic, not wraps
>>
>>40821207
bump
>>
>>40821882
Thats why I asked.
>>40821957
Thanks bro will take advice.
>>
is there a name for the back exercise where I stand and do lateral raises but to the front and do kind of reverse chest flyes? it really works something on my back
>>
>>40823751
found out its apparently called "reverse fly back" It feels like my lats are extending and breaking and its amazing
>>
File: 184392837.jpg (65KB, 576x1024px)
184392837.jpg
65KB, 576x1024px
When I do close-grip bench where should my elbows be?

Out to the side when the bar is at the ground or out in front?
>>
For those of you that are seriously gunning for weight loss and seriously hammering down the poundage and trying to get fit, how hard are you going? What's a regular day for you?

I'm doing a body weight routine in the morning, PPLPPLX, and running on that off day. Still doesn't seem to be enough, I still feel weak in the chest and abdominals. 6'2", down to 195 from 300. Eating 1800 a day.

What's your day looking like?
>>
>>40823176
are you retarded?
>>
>>40824221
ye
>>
new thread?
>>
>>40822972
Pls respond.
>>
>>40825350
Thread's already at bump limit. You might wanna make a new thread
>>
>>40822972
I'm your height and 73kg and benching 110kg lol
whats your bf%? you on that there dreamer bulk?
>>
>do bench press
>5 days later try bench press again
>chest is still sore barely get 10 reps in
this shit pisses me off so much why do my muscles recover so slowly? It usually takes the, 4 to 7 days to recover while the average person only needs 2. I eat and sleep good, wtf do I do?
>>
>>40812712
many things. You'll be living in nobackorlegsville if you keep with that routine. Add more back, leg, and arm exercises. Also work abs every other day if you want to see better progress
>>
should i do wrist work 3x a week or less?
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.